Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Check out my new Boating Resource Center

Started by djkimmel, September 16, 2006, 11:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

New to GreatLakesBass.com in partnership with BoatTEST.com - the Boating Resource Center.

See boat test details including videos on all types and brands of boats including those great bass boats many of us like. Compare brands of boats and motors. Get quick access to over 400 marine accessory companies, all the major boat cmpanies and motor manufacturers too.

Many of the services and information is free although a quick and easy membership to BoatTEST.com is needed. The good news is you can register for that and view many of the features and services without leaving GreatLakesBass.com.

You can also use the dealer locater, request a boat test ride, look for used and new boats for sale and more.

A few services will take you to BoatTEST.com or one of its partner sites - these include buying a boat history on a used boat maybe you are thinking of buying, requesting a boat survey or even a boat loan.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Let me know - if you get a chance to try it out - what you think please.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Well, we're heading into the time of year when we start talking more and looking at boats and accessories and related topics. Just wanted to pop this back up and see if anyone has play around with the Boating Resource Center at all? I liked the free boat test videos and some of the specification sources myself.

karol

yup don, i liked the report about using that deep-v- ranger to fish the st clair area and also lake erie. saw one on e-bay go for around 7000 and it was a 2000 model. is that a good place to buy boats or let the buyer beware? thanks again don..karol p.s.s. can't wait to go on the detroit area next spring with ? and get some big bronzies

djkimmel

I don't know anyone personally who has bought something like a car or boat on ebay, but I imagine they have services to make the process safer. They should have some advice somewhere on that site (I don't get there very often) about how to safely handle such transactions.

There is some fraud in general with large purchase via the Internet, but good, safe practices and advice on the topic seems readily available if you look for it. The main thing is to make sure no title changes hands before payment is confirmed. They used to have an intermediary service that would hold the payment until it cleared and then forward to money to the seller and tell the seller to ship the product. Not sure what they have now.

bshaner

I bought my boat off of Ebay.  As with anything else on ebay you just have to be careful.  Be sure the seller has good positive feedback and is reputable.   I would not buy anything of major value sight unseen.  My seller actually brought the boat to me.  It was in the exact condition described.  Title and money transfer all happened at the bank with the boat present.

The biggest thing on Ebay is communication between the seller and buyer.  As long as you communicate openly, you eliminate surprises.

I wouldnt buy a boat or vehicle off the internet that I couldnt pickup myself within reasonable driving distance.  Wait until about February/March/April time frame and you will see a lot of panicked boaters trying to offload the old boat so they can get a new one.  When I was shopping last April there were upwards of 30 boats within 100 miles or so for sale.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844