Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lakemaster vs. Navionics...

Started by EKennedy, July 25, 2012, 09:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EKennedy

HB 798cSI...which chip do I want?  Seems that the Navionics chip gives a lot more lakes in more states than the Lakemaster and 1 foot contours for only a little more money.  I might fish Indiana or Kentucky...someday.  Both seem to have the same MI lakes for the most part.   Thoughts?

bigmojet

Depends on what lake your fishing. I have both that i flip flop between console and bow graph. A couple examples. Bear lake in manistee cty the navionics card is useless but the lakemaster card is awesome. Just the opposite on crystal lake just 15 minutes away

KirtH

Here is a link to the Navionics lake list site, they are aggressively updating lakes and adding more, let me know what lakes you are interested in I could do some digging. One nice feature of Navionics is their mapping chips a updatable so as they add or change lakes you can download it to your chip, Freshest Data.  http://www.navionics.com/navionics-hd-lake-updates

djkimmel

I really like my Lakemaster Michigan chip. It is only Michigan and is missing some lakes. They also update all the time. Seems like more so and faster now that they are owned by Humminbird.

I have never owned or used Navionics chips but they invariably get good comments and recommendations. They may be a better choice for multi-state anglers if the price is comparable.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

KirtH

I found this comparison on the web on the number of lakes mapped in standard and HD 1' contours

fiker

I haven't looked at this for a long time.  I bought my chips and units 3 years ago.  At that time, I liked the concept of the HD, but when I looked at which lakes were offered, it wasn't worth the extra money for me.  I believe that the 1' contours are only for the HD lakes but am not positive.

Now Lakemaster is owned by Humminbird.  There is a nice feature that they have and that is selective shading of different depths.  Not sure if that's only on the HD maps only too, but it looks like a nice feature.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Frank

should one chip be working on both units if im using interlink?

bigmojet

Someone correct me but because of copyright laws I don't think software allows.

t-bone

The interlink does not share the map data - you need a separate chip for each unit.

Quote from: Frank on April 29, 2013, 11:09:39 PM
should one chip be working on both units if im using interlink?

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mini

You can now get away with one chip for BOTH units IF you are running the latest software from Lowrance in the TOUCH series units.

The Navionics+ was just announced at iCAST and is getting great reviews. Check the website for more.

www.navionics.com