Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

humminbird 565 problems?

Started by bob o, August 02, 2012, 07:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

my bow unit the humminbird 565 is reading 0.7ft off and on. i turned the unit off and on few times and it woulf start reading correctly for 15-20min then back to 0.7ft or i would start moving with the trolling motor and it would start reading the correct depth again. now with that said is it the transducer/cable or the head unit?

Waterfoul

I'd give their customer service a call.

Toll-free: 1-800-633-1468
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm CST 
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

I have the same unit. I had the same type of problem and adjusted the sensitivity and my problem was solved. The 565 is very sensitive because the resolution is 640 verticle pixels. I found that in shallow water, that the depth was jumping around a lot. I set the sensitivity down or less and it read more consistently. If I kept the sensitivity at the shallow water setting in deep or deeper water it would lose the bottom so I would have to increase it until it would start to read consistently. I never did call their customer service but that's not a bad idea. Let us know what they say about your issue.

BD.                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

Quote from: UAWBigDog on August 02, 2012, 02:33:21 PM
I have the same unit. I had the same type of problem and adjusted the sensitivity and my problem was solved. The 565 is very sensitive because the resolution is 640 verticle pixels. I found that in shallow water, that the depth was jumping around a lot. I set the sensitivity down or less and it read more consistently. If I kept the sensitivity at the shallow water setting in deep or deeper water it would lose the bottom so I would have to increase it until it would start to read consistently. I never did call their customer service but that's not a bad idea. Let us know what they say about your issue.

thanks, i was messing around with the sensitivity yesterday  ::) and the service guy sucgested i go back to my default settings, so off to the lake this weekend and give it a try. it sure beats $70 for a new transducer or the cost of a whole new upgraded unit  ;D

BD.                          ;D

Skulley

I think the newer edition is the Hummingbird 570. Upgraded with newer chip and some other features. 640 vertical pixels just like the 565. The 570 runs $199.99 at Bass Pro. Same as what the 565 was I think.  The key to the unit is resolution.  I believe it is the best in the industry.  If any one knows better please speak up. 

Good idea to start over at the default and play from there. I did that a lot until I learned the differences. Go to lakes you are familiar with so you can learn to trust it as you're learning to operate it. That's how I learned it and I think it's pretty good for the money. I've had success using it.

BD.                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Rangerman

Heads up Bird Heads ;) the down image will not work on a trolling motor. Been at War since I pulled the trigger on 998 and 788. Love the console unit, but even the techs at Bird could not get down to work. But my Ranger is the only one it would not work on, Yea Right :D :D :D very disappointed ???

Skulley

The 565 and 570 are not down imaging units. They are old technology with real good resolution. They may use the same chip as the down imaging units. The down imagers are 640 x 640. The 565 and 570 are still monochrome displays and are 640 x 320. Great for monochrome but there is better resolution on the down imagers is why you would get a better picture somewhere in between 2D and 3D. That technology will just continue to get better and better.

BD.                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: Rangerman on August 03, 2012, 08:39:36 AM
Heads up Bird Heads ;) the down image will not work on a trolling motor. Been at War since I pulled the trigger on 998 and 788. Love the console unit, but even the techs at Bird could not get down to work. But my Ranger is the only one it would not work on, Yea Right :D :D :D very disappointed ???

We put the Humminbird 597ci HD DI on the front of my friends Ranger and it works just fine....
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!