email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Never Enough Outdoors Labor Day Open  (Read 9687 times)

Dashforcash

Re: Never Enough Outdoors Labor Day Open
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 02:14:46 AM »

Team Migoski,Team Farris and Badder, Dick Coursor and my self have all had 19-22 lb sacks on that lake. The best part is in almost every corner of that lake there is a chance to roll up and hook 20+ lbs that's why 21 boats isn't gonna hurt any thing except for a bunch of lips.<(((((><

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 09:16:26 AM »

I know there are some hogs in there. I stumbled across several earlier this year on beds. I know a few of them were easily in the 5# range. I personally have only been there a dozen times or so, so I don't really know the lake. But, we're going to give it a good shot.

I never started fishing there until after Luke put some of the pictures from last Labor Day up on one of my posts. After that I was all about going there. What is so special, or different about Fremont to have such quality fish?  Were the smallies planted there?

ROI Outdoors

• Excuses are the Enemy of Excellence.........
  • Master Angler
  • #puremichigan
  • View Gallery
    • ROIOUTDOORS
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 01:19:04 PM »

I know there are some hogs in there. I stumbled across several earlier this year on beds. I know a few of them were easily in the 5# range. I personally have only been there a dozen times or so, so I don't really know the lake. But, we're going to give it a good shot.

I never started fishing there until after Luke put some of the pictures from last Labor Day up on one of my posts. After that I was all about going there. What is so special, or different about Fremont to have such quality fish?  Were the smallies planted there?

Genetics & Habitat maybe???  All I know is it is a DONKEY factory for both species now........I say we put the lakes off limits Labor Day Weekend so all the overzealous prefishers don't beat them all up on Saturday & Sunday.....
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 01:46:32 PM »

I would agree with the off limits on Sat. and Sun.

The lake is very healthy.  Good weeds, good clean water with nice edges, good cover, and deep water to winter and hide in.  All this makes for good fish!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 04:06:43 PM »

Off limits sounds good to me. We still have roughly five weeks to fish it and formulate attack plans. From the sounds of it, most of the guys fishing it really know it anyways.

chrisvmo

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »

My dad told me that back in the 70's or 80's they drained the lake and started over due to pollution and the number of junk fish thriving there. I'm not sure if this is true or not but if it is they've done a heck of a job. If you check the DNR stocking information they stocked walleye, perch and even smallies for a few years. I'm looking forward to labor day, Fremont is an absolute blast to fish!

Dashforcash

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 01:59:06 AM »

I can not make the lake off limits due to there is a tournament up there on Sunday not a big one but some guys I know who will be there Monday will be there on Sunday. If anyone want to go beat up there fish more power to them there only hurting them selves anyway. I know there are 22 boats going as of right know Im surly not gonna allow anymore with that many boats I believe there should be right around $800 to win I will have a complete payout when it comes closer to the event. Any bad day fishing is better them any good days work. You Can't make this kinda money on any good days work.

fish hound

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 09:48:51 PM »

Not sure yet, but I may not make it.  :'(   I told a friend a while ago I would sub for his partner that day if he couldn't find a suitalbe replacement.  However, my brother and sister will be there if I'm not.  May be time to see how much the young Jedi's have learned.   :-\'  Although my last two showings have been less than stellar out there, it should be time for a whackfest.

fish hound

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »

False alarm, seems there was some calendar confusion on my part.  The other tx is Sat.  See ya there.   ;D

Mike S.

• GLBass Champion
  • Legend
  • Lucky number 1k!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »

So,what time does the fun begin?  No details like that posted.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge