Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

would you fish a tourament where

Started by bob o, June 26, 2012, 06:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

the constants picked a grab bag of fishing lures to use that all the other contestants threw into the bags right before the tourney started? kind of like the "frogs only thing".
you could end up with some of your own stuff or that bag of pink 4.25" tubes that were sure to work after watching the pros win with them, maybe your bag will have a crankbait that does loops on the way back to the boat and a little tuning and bang it runs true again or a 12" long buzzbait or is it just a silly reason to fish with some friends from GLB

YpsiBass

Sounds fun.  Could also create an identical bag of stuff that everyone has to fish with.  Neat idea though Bob.

MSURoss

8)
Quote from: YpsiBass on June 27, 2012, 08:38:14 AM
Sounds fun.  Could also create an identical bag of stuff that everyone has to fish with.  Neat idea though Bob.
[/quote

neat idea

TimH

That sounds like a good idea.  My buddy and I will from time to time will decide to have a SPJ "tournament".  SPJ stands for Soft Plastics and Jigs.  We have decided to start doing this since we both need improvement with these baits.  Having to fish with lures and techniques out of your comfort zone has helped us to become more confident anglers.

6 lb Smallmouth

No, not if guys are throwing crazy baits in.  If they were legit baits then I could see how it would be fun.  I do like the idea of a 1-lure tournament though. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

LAPORTE

You could just have people take stuff out of my boat... none of it works for me anyway... lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Skulley

It's an interesting idea for sure. It would actually tell me how versatile I could be on the water if I won an event like that on pink tubes I pulled out of a grab bag. Good concept. You can find out actually how good a fisherman you really are.

BD.                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Roy Randolph

When I was a tournament director I had several anglers come to the scale and say they got their fish using a lure they found in their grab bag and you know anglers always tell the truth.

I did have an angler ask for a grab bag that at least had a spinner bait in the bag because he left all his at home. The only bag I had with a spinner bait was one of them 4 willow blade baits and when he came to the scale with a large sack of bass asking "What brand was that bait and where do I get more" made me feel good. But he got real mad when I announced to the crowd he got all his fish with that bait! hehehehe

Now let's see a buzzbait only tournament on St. Clair lol

Do a series that each tournament has a different set of baits handed out. Topwater one tournament, worms the next, tubes in the third, crankbaits the forth and so on

Or one of each bait and every hour you change to another bait
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

Lightningboy

How about this:

Each entry draws a number, like usual for blast off.  Then you draw the number of another team entered.  You pick the baits for that team, and some other team picks your baits for the day, follow?

Winnings are split 50/50 between the placing team, and the team that supplied their baits for the day.

Kinda slick, huh?  Makes you pick out some good baits for your team, and educate them.  End result is everybody learns something new that day. 

djkimmel

I like a buzzbait only tournament idea too. Even on St. Clair! I've caught quite a few bass on St. Clair on buzzbaits including a number of kicker smallies back in my tournament fishin' days! In a draw tournament, not too many things mess up the other angler much more than whacking a 4+ smallie on a buzzbait! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: LAPORTE on June 27, 2012, 02:02:22 PM
You could just have people take stuff out of my boat... none of it works for me anyway... lol

the laporte tourny lol, i love it.