Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

@#$&*?&@%@$#&@%&@*#$&%@# TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Part 2.

Started by Mike S., June 25, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I would have to put my truck into the swampy spot in my backyard in lieu of that much green.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

It's been a very dependable machine. I am going to buy a new truck but I need to drive this one to September at least. Besides in 4 years my son is going to need some wheels. I'll get him a beater. That said, he gets the truck and either the wife or I will get a vehicle.

BD.                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

SethV

Quote from: UAWBigDog on July 12, 2012, 07:48:49 PM
Put $1125 and some silver into my truck today.  Ouch is all I have to say about that.  :'(
BD.                    ;D

Hey BigDog  - I will make ya a deal on a Chevy - that should take care of all those expensive Dodge repairs!   ;) ;D

Mike S.

I felt that way too, but now that my Chevy has broken, I'm seeing things in a different light. They all break. I love my Chevy's, and as long as I don't buy anything other than a half ton, I will always own one. I must say that my heart is set on an F250 Super Duty diesel right now. That will be the next truck in my driveway.

Skulley

Quote from: SethV on July 13, 2012, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on July 12, 2012, 07:48:49 PM
Put $1125 and some silver into my truck today.  Ouch is all I have to say about that.  :'(
BD.                    ;D

Hey BigDog  - I will make ya a deal on a Chevy - that should take care of all those expensive Dodge repairs!   ;) ;D

Thanks for the offer Seth, however I work for Chrysler and I buy what I build. As far as my latest repair, it happened because the part wore out. Having 169000 miles on the truck, stuff is bound to wear out eventually. We can all agree on that.

BD.                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mike S.

Same with my truck. 160,000, and a snap ring broke, and let the insides eat themselves. Bound to happen.

rustydog

F250 diesel. Got word yesterday turbo sticking. 5hr. labor at 90 per plus parts. All trucks are the same money wise.

Skulley

Sure you can go out and trade the old broken truck for a new truck, but you're not going to get in trade what the truck is really worth and then you're going to have a payment. That's the point that decisions have to be made.

BD.                  ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mike S.

For sure. I hate paying for everything but my boat. I really hate car payments. I want a newer truck in a bad way, but I want a new boat even worse. So, I'm going to drive my truck until the body falls right off of it. I just hope that happens before the drivers seat falls out of it.

YpsiBass

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on June 26, 2012, 07:19:40 PM
So basicly September 1st it will blow up ??  ;D

It made it to October before needing some new ball joints and stabilizer bar repairs.  It really grinds me the wrong way given that I took it in to have it looked at before my warranty expired then less than 3 months later I need a $1700 repair on it.

Tempted to just trade it in before it becomes undrivable, or as the dealership guy said to me, "a safety issue".

@#$&*?&@%@$#&@%&@*#$&%@# truck indeed >.<

Mike S.

Stick it to the dealer. You could get the front end work done way cheaper. Believe it or not, outer tie rod ends and ball joints aren't that bad to do. If it's a Ford, it's kind of a pain. I know the Chevy's are pretty east to do. Then you go get an alignment done somewhere.

YpsiBass

Quote from: Mike S. on November 17, 2012, 12:16:21 PM
Stick it to the dealer. You could get the front end work done way cheaper.

Might have to in this case.  Glad that Dodge discontinued the Dakota. 

Waterfoul

Hey Mike, you want to come over and do my Tahoe's front end????  LOL!!  Left front tire is starting to get a "ghetto" lean to it.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

bob o

motocross269

I have been driving payment free for a few years now...

When a repair comes up I always try to make myself feel better by remembering that I can make a lot of repairs for the 500-600 dollars a month a new truck would cost me... ;)

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

YpsiBass

Looks like I might be heading in the new-to-me truck direction.  Interest rates on loans went down a ton since I bought this truck.

YpsiBass

Mojo and bob o are baaaaad influences on me...

Skulley

YpsiBass thanks for buying a RAM.  As a 28 year Chrysler employee I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I just bought a 2012 2500 yesterday myself.  Picking it up tomorrow.  I needed something big to pull my travel trailer.  The bride and I are planning to upgrade to a 5th wheel in the next couple of years so a RAM 2500 was the ticket as I buy what the company I work for builds.  We traded in our 2002 Dodge Conversion Van.  I am still keeping my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 170000 plus miles.  It's still a very dependable truck.  The bride will be driving the new truck as she doesn't drive but about 5 miles to work everyday and back.  I drive about 42 miles round trip up to Auburn Hills every day.

At Chrysler, I work in the Vehicle Core Dynamics Lab in Engineering as an Electronics Technician.  I am the guy that tests the suspensions, steering, braking, etc.  Any thing that has to do with the chassis.  Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.  I have been with the company 28 years all in Engineering and I know lots and lots of people in all the laboratories.  I can always help.  I also have friends in the Customer Advocate Group at Chrysler.  I can sometimes get things done a little bit faster than most because of my 28 years of connections and friendships I have made at work.  Thanks again for buying Chrysler.

BD                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Quote from: YpsiBass on November 21, 2012, 08:13:26 PM
Mojo and bob o are baaaaad influences on me...

Congratulations! You did get a trailer hitch, right?!? :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.