Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What gives?

Started by McCarter, October 11, 2006, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

I have seen it here now for a couple days, but no posts yet.  What or who is the Bass Boys Club.  I am assuming it involves the TBF since it is in the TBF section of the site. 

I have been thinking about it a lot lately, and i am pretty sure i will be joining the TBF.  Eric Smith pretty much has me convinced that it will be a good time.  So, as long as i can get my boat working, i will be a member for 07.

Tell me more, that is, if you dont mind a meathead such as myself playing reindeer games with yous guys.

PB himself :-\'

cwinsiii

That is the club that Dan is in, I think they meet in Lansing.

MadWags

Bass Boys Bass Boys.. what you gonna do.... what you gonna do when the front comes through.  (BY KIMMEL)

Signed up at the TBF meeting in Howell.
I am now a Federation member for the first time in 43 years.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

And I thank you and Jason very much...!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

josh617

how did the meeting go this past weekend? has there been any increase in members?

djkimmel

We've been contacted by 5 clubs that are joining the 3 we have now so far. I've heard from 2 more so far that may join. Don't know yet beyond that, but we will be getting out more information within a couple days to more clubs.

I get the impression some people think we may not make it, or won't keep going. Just a note where we are nationally - 44 federations plus the collegiate association, ~1,550 clubs and over 25,000 members so far. In the north, we have 5 federations including the biggest in the country - Indiana. We will be gaining 2 more federations very soon to have at least 7. The support we are getting is very impressive.

Some people as 'waiting and seeing' but if you don't join now, you will already be missing some great benefits and potentially rewarding opportunities - just ask Derek Cummings and Jon Jezierski about their National Championship qualification.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

Dan
I have been looking into TBF for priority entry in the BFL, other than priority FLW entry and some product discount what does TBF have to offer?
If the MI TBF clubs do not have tournaments how could you qualify for TBF national championships?

Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

We will have the state championship at the state level to send a state team to the Northern Divisional Championship and on.

It is up to each club to decide how they create their club team to the TBF of MI state championship. For 2007 only, we will allow everyone to be eligible for the state championship. Each club just needs to come up with an equal number of designated boaters and nonboaters. Again, up to each club how they do that designate boaters verses nonboaters.

This will work as long as we don't suddenly get 600 members who want to fish. I don't expect that, but would like to see good participation in what is a great opportunity. Several great opportunities actually.

I will be adding a 'What's In It for Me' page to the www.michigantbf.com web site within the next three days to show all the benefits including Ranger Cup (bigger the more members we get); Castrol bonus, Lowrance discounts, BassFanArmy Weekend Warrior qualification opps, Cul'mRite discounts, Pro Angler for a Year dream package, priority and potential guaranteed spots in all the FLW levels (this year's Detroit FLW already taken), and much more with more coming.

cwinsiii

I think the state fish-off should be on the Grand by Waverly rd.

What do you think Dan.

djkimmel

Well... there'd be two of us there anyway... but probably not a good 'growth' plan ;D

McCarter

Sounds cool.  Or as my late, great grandpa McCarter would say, it sounds like the cats behind, which doesnt really make a lot of sense to me.  Whats so great about a cats rear end anyway?  He drank a lot of whiskey.  That might explain it.

So, which clubs are affiliated, or can i find that info on the website.

PB himself :-\'

djkimmel

The 3 we have so far are on the web site. The others are telling us they are joining, but we don't have them yet. I imagine things will all happen at once.