Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:11:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 Hookin' Up Heroes

Started by Eric, May 07, 2012, 03:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Eric

Time to start the roll call for the 2012 event.  

June 9th on Hardy at the State Park like last year.

Who all is willing to come and spend the day fishing with some disabled and combat veterans.  Guaranteed to be the most rewarding thing you will do all summer.  All species this year, not just bass.  Spread the word.  We struggle every year to get enough boats to take everyone fishing.  So who's in?  
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

macbass

ERIC
I am in as a boater if there is anything I can do let me know.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Mike S.

Let me see what I can do about work, and I will let you know. Is it just for one day?  Do we let them use our gear?  What are the details?

Waterfoul

I promised to make it this year and I'm gonna hold that one for sure.  They gave me the t-shirt at the show so I'm kinda "locked in" I'd say.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

pretty sure i'm there. wouldn't miss it.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Firefighter Jeff

I have a vacation conflict or else I'd love to help.

KHefner

Eric - Count me in.  I've heard great things about it and am looking forward to it.

Eric

Great.  Thanks all for the help.  Please spread the word and beat everyone you know into submission until they agree to fish with us as well.  I believe we are WAY short right now.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

macbass

eric
talked to ron wednsday night and he said things looked pretty good i am all set to go. he told me hadnt talked to you in a while must be that sprint car thing going on....

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

MSURoss

I have a 12ft aluminum would that work ?

djkimmel

I will not have my boat back yet at this time but I would have to help the TBF Jr's the same day over on Pontiac Lake. These are both VERY worthy causes. I'm glad they are on opposite sides of the state. Please take one day out of your busy schedule and help one of these events! Thank you!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I'm in!!!  I just got home from Hardy about 30 minutes ago. I have never seen it before in my life. The wife and I had to drop our Lab off at the vet in Newaygo, and I decided to cruise over to the state park. Now I will know where I'm going on the 9th. Even got an official flier from the DNR lady. My only question is, do we get an extra 3 hours to get the boats in and out?  That's a tiny, tiny launch. Maybe 2 boats at a time.

Waterfoul

Get there early... don't be in a hurry to leave.  That's how that ramp works. 
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Bass anglers are good at getting boats in and out fast.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

The best part is the name of the place that is having the pig roast afterwards. Not sure of the spelling, so I will do my best. It's an establishment called "Coochie's". My wife about fell out of her seat when the lady told us that. Then she said I couldn't go. I thought it sounded like a good place for family fun.

Waterfoul

Coochies has been known by several names over the years.  My friend Brandon used to be the cook there (when it was "something" tavern).  It's just a country bar in the middle of nowhere that seems to be pretty popular with the locals and bikers.  Been there a few times.

The owners (former owners??) live on Hardy Pond.  Caught some nice fish off their dock over the years.  Wanna know where it is?  LOL!!??!!   ;)

Mike S.

I'm going to need all the help I can get. Until yesterday, I have never even seen the place. I wasn't even planning on seeing it yesterday. Just decided that since we were already in Newaygo, I might as well go find the boat launch.

Got Fish??

I would like to come. A little too far for me to drive. Maybe next year? Funds are a little slim.

Frank-o

June 9th is a big day for needing volunteers:
-Junior State Championship
-Hookin' Up Heroes at Newaygo State Park presented by the Brain Injury Ass. of Michigan
-Tips-Up for Troops at Kent Lake presented by the Brain Injury Ass. of Michigan, as well.

For everyone out there who can go fishing anytime you want (and that's pretty much everyone who reads/posts here), you are living the dream. Dan and Eric and I are asking for anyone/everyone to give up just one day of your life to help someone go fishing who deserve and need it - kids & military veterans.
I will be at Kent Lake for the Tips-Ups, Eric will be at Newaygo for Hookin' Up Hereoes and Dan will be at Pontiac. Come out fishing with one of us and i promise you that you will not forget it ans most likely set your calendar the very next day for next years event.
Here is a link on my bass clubs facebook page to sign up for Tip-Ups at Kent Lake. Btw, that's one good-looking boat on the cover, isn't it ? Yes, that's mine and i'm kneeling in the boat tying on a new bait while my veteran co-angler runs the trolling motor. We took 2nd place & big bass and it's something he will never forget. Come out and give a kid or a veteran a day they may never forget.

Thanks everyone !!

Frank-o
Msgt Frank Skellie
180th Fighter Wing
Ohio Air Natinal Guard
Swanton, Ohio
http://www.facebook.com/groups/10150129538120078/#!/groups/10150129538120078/?bookmark_t=group

If this link doesn't work, please call or email Major Rick Briggs at the Brain Injury Association of Michigan.
810-229-5880
veterans@biami.org