Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

22+ on Hardy

Started by customfishn, April 28, 2012, 12:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customfishn

Fished the opener of Catch and release this morning.  Started out a little slow then got hot fast.  Caught 3 smaller keepers on the first spot.  Ran down mid way on the lake and the next spot we loaded the boat.  The first 5 of the 2nd spot were all chunkers with one going 4.3 then we found the sweet spot.  I had one on and lost it figured it would go about 4.5 but noticed it had a group with it all the same size, fished a little longer and got one that was 4.9 then one that was 4.1 then got into a fury with 15 keepers the biggest was 5.3 we ended up with just a little over 22 pounds and a total of 27 keeper smallies.  We had to leave at noon but headed back tomorrow and were taking a camera tomorrow!

32eml24

Nice!  I thought I'd wash my rain gear before the season started this morning and put it through the dryer... came out in a wad the size of a baseball.  Needless to say I haven't gotten out yet to brave the cold wet weather.  I've been periodically checking the forum for reports, sounds like you had a blast.

detroit1

UH-OH....you have set quite the presidence for the year...sounds like alot of fun. Water temp/depths/baits?
WAVE THERAPY

bigmojet

I wussed out early cause of the cold. Finally got out at 4pm on Betsie Bay and managed a 4.5 a 4 and a 2.5 on Kvd 1.5 crankbait.
water only 46-48 degrees. Lake mi was 42 outside Frankfort piers.

edyer

Seems like a report might contain some details like water depth,, type of lures used, techniques used. Not asking for your spots, but even up river or on the pond would also be helpful

customfishn

Well I got most of them in the 10 - 14 ft range on Lucky craft pointers in a bone color and a few on Poorboys watermelon darters.  I don't want to give to much detail but I will say we just ran points.  Tomorrow were going to mix it up a little and try for some walleyes. 

customfishn

Went back out today and did ok but not like yesterday.  Best 5 went about 16 pounds and only 13 keepers, no walleye.  The water was warmer, the fish fought a lot harder so it was a fun time.

TheFishinPollock

That's how it was for me up here too . Not as good as yesterday with only 2 that  were doubtful on making limit size.   Lota sunshine today too.   And those 2 came outa the exact same place the others did . No eye's here either >:(
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

STEELERBOY29

Where's Betsie Bay?  I've fishe HDP quite a few times and don't ever remember seeing/hearing that called out before.  Just curious.....

customfishn

Quote from: STEELERBOY29 on May 01, 2012, 02:45:52 PM
Where's Betsie Bay?  I've fishe HDP quite a few times and don't ever remember seeing/hearing that called out before.  Just curious.....
We had a summer home up to Hardy growing up and I Have never heard of Betsie bay on hardy. 

Genie

Looks like someone was a little more North ...
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!