Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Prayer request

Started by dashaver63, April 27, 2012, 05:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Last August my grand daughter started having a difficult time breathing, so we took her to the doctor and he gave her some breathing treatments and she seemed to come out of it. 3 days later, same thing, but this time the doctor found an irregular heart beat. Michelle, my grand daughter was 7 months old and hadn't had any health issues, but being that young, we were all worried about her. I had been entered to fish the BASS open, and the morning of the meeting we were back in the emergency room, her blood pressure was dropping. They transported her to Toledo and got her under control. I didn't want to go to the meeting, wife told me to go, she would be fine, so I went. After the meeting, I went back up to the hospital and Annabelle was acting like herself again and was going to be coming home the next day. I thought that was great, but was still in no mood to fish, wife again told me to go, everything was going to be fine. So against my better judgement I went. That first day of the tournament was by far the worst day I ever had fishing. Nothing went right, and I couldn't stop thinking about my little baby. The day finally eneded and when everything was done, I got in my car and checked my text messages and sure enough, Annabelle had gone down hill. My wife and daughter was headed home to get Annabelles father when they got the news from the hospital. They turned around and was heading back up. I got to the hospital just as soon as I could and had the chance to hold her before she passed away. I was crushed, and because my wife and daughter had not made it back, in fact I hadn't heard from them for a while, and they didn't return my texts either. I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like forever waiting on them. Then my son called the hospital looking for me which I thought was strange he told me I neede to get home soon as possible. I told Bryson I was waiting on mom and Robyn, that annabelle had passed away, he said, and I will never forget these words, "but dad, they were killed in an accident about 2 hours ago". I was numb, not only was my grandbaby gone, but so was my wife and daughter. I didn't know what to do, couldn't think, couldn't do anything. I think it took me an hour just to get to my car, and I just sat there. After a while, I was able to collect my thoughts enough to get home, my quiet , dark, house. Since then, every day has been the same, I feel like I'm fighting to stay sane every day, don't really have the drive to do anything, I go to work everyday and nothing else. Bryson has been telling me we need to do something, anything, go fishing like we did every weekend last year. Thats the last thing I want to do, I keep thinking had I not tried to fish that tournament, I would have been there for Annabelle, my wife and daughter. I need prayer that I somehow get through this. It's been 9 months and it still feels like it all happened yesterday.

FOB

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. 
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Cheetam

Jeff

bigmojet

I can't imagine what you been through. God bless you.

MSURoss

Prayers sent. Keep having faith that you can overcome come it. God is your constant he will never abandon or betray you. Seek His refuge when you feel abandoned. He will lift you up.

Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

djkimmel

I am so sorry to hear your sorrow Doug. I did not know how serious things were for you. I am praying for you. It is so hard to lose the people closest to you. There are so many things I think of to say. I don't know what the right things are to say for you. I will ask you to please not let guilt take you away from your son and the people who need you as much as you need them.

It is not an easy thing to ask, but we are all each other has. That is exactly why I have always wanted this place on the Internet to be a place where we all are good to each other. We are all each other has. Every one one of us. Not just family. Not just close friends. But every one of us. There is nothing more precious than people being good to each other other and helping each other especially when the need is greatest. Each day is another chance to be good to each other and help one another. All we have to do is choose to do it and ask for help when we need it.

Thank you for reaching out to us and asking for help. That is so important. When you need help, please ask for it. If you do not have people you can talk to when you need to, please let me know. Let us know.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Prayers sent for you and your family.

Dan already said it.  Reach out to your brothers and sisters. 

I pray that God will lift you up in your time of need and sorrow.  May the Peace of Christ be with you today and every day.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

YpsiBass

LAPORTE

Doug,
Sorry for your loss I had no idea. We did talk at that meeting and I remember you saying she was sick. I should have called to check in on how things were.

I was going down the freeway 3 weeks back and seen the exit for Fostoria and was thinking of you then. Next time you pop in my head I'll be sure to give you a ring to just to chat.

Don LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

dashaver63

Thanks for all the incouraging words, you are all truly a group of great people, my band of brothers.I have realized that i was ok to mourn but now it is time to celebrate their lives and what they meant to me and my other children. Again thank you all for being there.

troossien1

When I read this story my heart just ached, there are so many ways to handle this, but to sorround yourself with fellow angers friends and family. You are in my prayers. Nomatter how long it has been it hangs with you, it gets easier tho. I may be young but am no stranger to heartache. I really feel for you and always call out to our god for he is good and he hears our every need. Call out to your brothers in christ. It is told in scripture that we are called to come along side and place hands on eachother. You are cared for by ones who are close but even strangers, stay strong friend,
Kistler rods

Revtro

Like bassinkid just said, my heart absolutely broke when I read this.  I had no idea this had happened.  Some would say there must not be a god for this to happen, yet we know that in the midst of any bad, horrible, unfair thing that happens, God can make something good happen in the midst of it.  We don't usually see it until years later and it never makes the pain go away.  Yet through it all, God is always with you and so are we.  So give yourself permission to feel hurt, angry, afraid...whatever comes.  And always remember that God understands those feelings and it's ok to feel them.  He loves you and so do we.  Hang in there brother.  We will all be praying for renewal, healing, and strength.  God can...and He will. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dashaver63

Thanks guy's for the thoughts and prayers. It's been a long road, I've been trying to get back into doing things, just not there yet. The bitterness has gone, which I'm thankfull for, and I think thats making things easier now. Again, thank you!

YpsiBass

Glad to hear you're doing better.