Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

With a new season approaching

Started by TimH, April 27, 2012, 12:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimH

With many of us taking to the water tomorrow for the 1st time this season, I wanted to post a Blessing of the Boats for those who might be interested.

Eternal Father, who created the seas and the great waters of this good earth, we come here today to ask your blessings on us who find joy and serenity in running before the winds of your warm Presence. As we regard the beauty of your sunsets, may we thank You for eyes to see. As we hear the sounds of the wind and the waves, may we thank You who gave us ears to hear. And as we embrace the invigorating air, may we thank the God who gave us taste and smell to appreciate the good things in life. Create and maintain among us cheerfulness and a good ship's spirit in all we do both ashore and afloat. Grant Fair weather in all our voyages and always bring us safely to port.
We pray in Your name. Amen.

Dear God, we commend to your gracious care the vessel known as ___________. May your blessing be on this good craft and all who sail in her. Bear her on with favorable winds and deliver her from harm upon the waters. Amen.

Fishermans Prayer
I pray that I may live to fish.......
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

AMEN!!!  I also want to add , Lord, let everyone's boats be safe on the road tomorrow morning as well. This boy will be very careful when he pulls his boat tomorrow. Not looking for a repeat of last opening morning. I will also keep my eyes peeled for fire trucks and crazy chicks in red Blazers.

Waterfoul

Quote from: mikeszr800 on April 27, 2012, 12:58:34 PM
AMEN!!!  I also want to add , Lord, let everyone's boats be safe on the road tomorrow morning as well. This boy will be very careful when he pulls his boat tomorrow. Not looking for a repeat of last opening morning. I will also keep my eyes peeled for fire trucks and crazy chicks in red Blazers.

LOL!  Just paid my premium for the season... send the crazy chick my way!

Stay safe everyone!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Oh, I can definitely arrange that. She's dating my buddy. If anyone on here drives down Apple Ave., you are at risk.

huston

Thank You very much for those words of wisdom. Amen