Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hardy Dam

Started by Genie, April 17, 2012, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

Anyone been on Hardy Dam yet this year?  Just curious what the water temp has been.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

fish hound

The temp is probably good, it's the water level that isn't.  Drove by it two different palces this past Sunday, still down  >2-2.5', which makes most of the ramps marginal at best, unless you have a small boat on a roller trailer.

Matt

chrisvmo

When do they raise the water levil back up? I thought it would have been done by now.

customfishn

They are working on the darn dam.  I heard it would be up for the opener on the 28th.  Genie if you want to go check it out let me know Ill drive.

chrisvmo

The 28Th? Wow that should change things up for the spring. I know a friend of mine has been up there a couple of times and launched at the county park directly next to the darn with out any issues.

Genie

I don't even have my boat out of storage yet ... hopefully this weekend or next.  Probably just in time for CIR.  Just curious if some of the warm weather might have fooled some fish to come up early ...

bazinga
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mike S.

I've never even been to Hardy. Heck, I've never even seen it. It's only an hour from home.

Genie

At the right time of year it is a blast!  Just like catching smallies on St Clair. 
Grand Rapids, MI

Mike S.

I've heard good things about it, just never made it over there. I wasted a day on Robinson Lake, which isn't far away from there at all. Should have shot over there. None of the people I fish with regularly go there, so that may have a lot to do with it too.

Genie

Best place ever to learn how to bed fish!
Grand Rapids, MI

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Genie on April 18, 2012, 08:36:00 AM
At the right time of year it is a blast!  Just like catching smallies on St Clair. 

It may be comparable to St. Clair during June or July but prespawn nothing can touch Clair.............
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Mike S.

Well, now you guys have my interest up. It's good in June and July, huh?  Realistically, I don't think I can make it to bed fish, as I need to be here for the wife. But, come June, I should be able to get away for a bit. I will definitely put it on my to do list for this year.

Genie

I have never had good luck once spawn and post-spawn are done.  Some guys still catch them all summer long.  It's just so much fun bed fishing for them.  That's my first couple of trips every year!
Grand Rapids, MI

customfishn

Just got word today, not from a real good source but I heard its up to normal pool.  I think I might be the number 1 fan of hardy, but its feast or famine after the spawn.  Most of the time for me its great but once in a while its horrible. 

Genie

That's the general consensus ... I have a couple buddies that fish there all year and do well in tournaments - but there skill has yet to pass on to me.
Grand Rapids, MI

fish hound

I'd be suprised if they got it to full pool in three days, but who knows.  Just be careful out there, there will be a lot of wood floating out there, some big some small.  The worst areas are from about Big Bend up, and it can get real bad in the turns by Brower and up by Gilligans.  All depends on the wind and current. 

Matt

chrisvmo

Spring and Fall great. Don't waste your time in the summer months. just my humble opinion.

customfishn

Quote from: chrisvmo on April 20, 2012, 10:07:42 AM
Spring and Fall great. Don't waste your time in the summer months. just my humble opinion.
And thats the reason why people don't want to have tournaments there.  If no one will give it a chance and try to learn it in the summer its always going to have a bad reputation.  We had a summer division on Hardy and many weeks it would take over 15 pounds to win. Another it took over 19 in July fourth had like 15 pounds.  I really think people just over think it.  We chase the smallies and for some reason they wont bite we can always get a good largemouth  bite.  Its a perfect body of water for tournaments people can spread out its 18 miles from dam to dam with lots of cuts, you can literally catch fish fishing the way you want to if you don't over think it.  Teams have even done really well on frogs.

Genie

Agreed ... overthinking it ... chasing smallies ...

I've never done well there in the summer so I am just as guilty.
Grand Rapids, MI

Skulley

I have never been to Hardy.  Would like to go there sometime.  Maybe this year.  But when you have St. Clair and Erie as accessible as they are to me living in the area, why go anywhere else.  Although I have some inland lakes near me that are worth going to.  But St. Clair and Erie are always my first choice.

BD                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com