Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:28:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Would you take the challenge?

Started by Big dreams, April 11, 2012, 04:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: mikeszr800 on April 12, 2012, 08:02:55 AM
I would just concentrate on having a good day on the water. No competition. I personally, am going to work on opening day. I am going to do everything possible to avoid a repeat of last year's opening day.......a Blazer parked in the back of my Nitro, before I got to the lake.

Yeah, but it got you a new rig didn't it???  The glass is half full Mike !!  :)

Mike S.

It sure did. But, there was a period of over a month where I had no boat, and I had to fight and argue with the insurance company. What a head ache.

djkimmel

Yeah... I imagine the 'glass' was empty for a while there and then maybe it was half full or more later? Glad you made it through the headache to the better end result. I've been there with the outboard knockoffs twice. Hoping the 2nd time was the last time!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Quote from: djkimmel on April 11, 2012, 05:43:02 PM
....... I used to fish with a guy who every single time out was a big 'who caught the most' competition. I got pretty tired of it after a while. Once in a while is fine and fun, but every single time out?? Nah...

Omg. I fished with a guy once who counted every fish, even 8 inchers, and announced his sponsor out loud !!!! No one was around !!  When he got to 35, I bent the rod with my 10th, but it was 5 lbs, followed by 5 more all the same size or bigger.  So I ended with 16 to his 36, but he ended up taking pictures holding all my fish..... So my question is, who won ?

More important, what does it matter ?

So I guess, unless you have a tournament scale and there is a ranking, it's all fun fishing, and competing during fun fishing seems ... Well .... y'know  ???

I think reaction is like riding a bike, you don't lose it, but having all you're equipment tuned is crucial. It seems the first few times out I miss spots when I cast, catch the rope on a dock, and that's where he is getting his advantage - knocking the ol rust off.  I still say go for it. Short story is, I guess it wouldn't be bad to go to his lake, so long as you get to pick the next lake.   ;)
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Skulley

It's all about QUALITY, not QUANTITY.     8).        I would rather have a dozen 3 to 5lbers to your 50 thirteen inchers.

BD.                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Big dreams

It is hard to compete with very little ranking structure.  Pictures don't do fish justice.  Without keeping the fish out of the water for extended periods of time measuring and weighing, it would be tough.  Plus like some of you have said, that just isn't fun.  I think we will wait until after the spawn.

Mojo

ok - it sounded like you were concerned about your reflexes more than the actual get together anyway. I hope you and your bud get out early and often (legally) and enjoy the comradre of fishing sooner than later !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan