Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Priming Bulb Problems

Started by Jrock59761, March 30, 2012, 08:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrock59761

Hey Guys,  I was wonder if anyone else has the issues that I seem to have every season.  I have to replace the priming bulb almost every year.  Either it seems to harden or the check valve fails.  I have been buying whatever Bass Pro has in stock.  This year it's the brand attwood.  Are there any that are better than the rest or is this a normal item that needs to be replaced.  Thanks

djkimmel

Not normal. I've had the same one for almost 20 years. Are you putting any kind of treatment in your gas tank?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jrock59761

Yes, I put a treatment in every season.  The boat is kept inside all season and stored in a heated building during the winter.  I didn't mind spending more money if there was a brand that was better than the rest.

motocross269

With the Ethanol in the Gas you are hearing more and more of this...
Your gas line may be breaking down from the ethanol and causing issues with the Fuel bulb..If the fuel bulbs you are buying aren't rated to withstand ethanal that could explain your high failure rate...If you have grey fuel line it isn't ethanol proof...

I don't know what kind of boat you have but Bass Cat sells a complete fuel line and bulb in a kit that is ethanol resistent...It obviously would work on any rig and I think it is only around 25 bucks or so...

I have seen pictures from guys with pretty new rigs that replaced their fuel lines...They were breaking down pretty bad after only a couple of years...

Everyone needs to put Ethanol fighter additives in every tank full..Not just for storage..There are a bunch of brands out there, I am using merc stuff because of warranty issues but with my Evinrude I ran Marine stabil or Startron and had no issues....(After I upgraded my fuel system)

Redbone

I think in 2012 all primer bulbs are designed (maybe even mandated) to withstand ethanol. In the previous years they were not. I know Attwood is now that way anyway.  If you bought an Attwood this year, you should be good to go.

I'm due for a new one.  Even though I have not had any trouble with mine. More so to get the newer version.

djkimmel

Good advice to check out the fuel lines at the beginning of each season. If I had not had the same one for so long I might be more helpful on brands or models but I did think, as stated above the newer models from everyone should be made to handle ethanol.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

I had issues with my primer ball a couple years ago.  I replaced with a cheap one and it was still an issue.  I then replaced it again with another cheaper one thinking the really cheap one was the issue and that one sucked too.  Lastly I bought an OEM ball and quality fuel line and haven't had an issue since.  Spend a little extra and stop buying one every year.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Waterfoul

We sell Moeller brand at my store... and I've never had a reported issue with them.  Attwood is making them now that meet all the "new" standards for ethanol and the EPA evaporation requirements.  You should have no issues.  Never heard of anyone needing to replace the bulb every season....
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Jrock59761

Thanks for the information guys!