Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Another "unknown" lake in northern indiana

Started by TCook, March 31, 2012, 06:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

I met up with my south bend buddies to fish an "unknown lake" by them that has been good to us in the past. Today lake X did not disappoint. We fished from 8-3 and got about 30 between 3 of us and a bonus 7lb eye. Most of them went between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds but we put 5 good ones in the boat today. Our best 5 were all between 4 3/4 to 5 1/4. I know how everyone talks about the one that got away but this time my buddy Jason had a real tough break. He had an absolute trophy smallmouth especially for an inland lake that we estimate between 6 1/2-7 pounds pull free close to the boat. It was gigantic! That fish would of gave us a 27 pound limit for the day, guess we will just have to be happy with 25 pounds.

FISH HARD!!!

customfishn

All these great "secret" Indiana lakes!  This sucks not knowing where they are.  Great job.

Firefighter Jeff

Nice job Tim.  Looks like I recognize Jason, who else did you fish with???  I've caught a few decent fish this season, but not as well as you have. 
  Hey, I thought you worked weekends???  Did you take a "sick" day?  lolol  Hey I can't go real early, but wanna turn me on to some fish this next Thursday??

TCook

We might be able to work something out Jeff, Ill give you a call early next week.
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on April 02, 2012, 09:56:00 PM
Where are you going to take him FF?!? ;D

He'll prolly want to blindfold me and then ask to drive.  lolol

bassbmx

Quote from: customfishn on March 31, 2012, 08:17:39 PM
All these great "secret" Indiana lakes!  This sucks not knowing where they are.  Great job.
I feel your pain! I gotta go looking for some of these secret lakes sometime.

TCook

Me and Jeff ended up fishing the same lake thursday and the fish we were on last week didnt pan out. Jeff ended up getting a 3 pound smallie along with some smaller LM and missed a few good fish in that area. So we went to plan B which was the warmer backwater, first two stops were 4 degrees warmer and I popped a couple 4s and a handful of 2-3 pounders. The last area we fished was 8 degrees warmer and they were bedding everywhere. We probably caught 25-30 back there most in the 3 pound range and Jeff got two 4s and missed two 4s.  Not a monster day but was really a cool deal bed fishing on April 5th in our area and still ended up with 19-20 pounds.

FISH HARD!!!

bassfan586

Nice fish jeff. Only a few more weeks here
Got one!

Firefighter Jeff

Thanks for cropping the pics of me Tim !!  lololol  Told him he needed to work on that.  The pics I took were non-cropped.     :D   Not bad pics for a 3G camera phone. 

djkimmel

Great job guys! Thanks for the report and pictures!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.