Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:02:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BASS SAGINAW RIVER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP - SHORT FORM

Started by Dan, August 27, 2006, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

A quick post on the Saginaw Bay now and forever the Saginaw River State Tournament. Winner Ted Prisbe. 15.1 pounds for two days put you on the state team. Here's a couple pictures. Don't have the totals on a print out. I'll try and get the winning weight.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

The Michigan BASS Federation State Champion, Mr. Ted Prisbe, with two bags of smallies that went 22.98 lbs. He also had day one second place big bass.

blackbass

HEY that's me in that pic on Teds right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)WOOOOHOOOOOO :)

Savage

Congrats to Chad (Blackbass) and Chris!  I wish I could have gotten some of those fish you were on Saturday!  I knew that area had potential....... ;) 

I'd also like to congratulate Mike Paul from the Alpena Bass Club.  He was my non-boater for day 2 and he brought in 10+ pounds, schooling me from the back of my own boat.  Just goes to show that it's all about how good your boater is!  Maybe I'll start a Saginaw River guide service, because I can find the fish, I just can't seem to catch them! :'(  I had a great day fishing with you Mike, glad to see you made the team. ;D

Anyone who wants some company for pre-fishing in Ohio next year, let me know!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Dan

I hope I got the right Chris Savage. This Chris had 18.75 and place third overall. Congratulations

Dan

I looked back over the quick piece of video I shot and Chad (Black Bass) is standing right behind the weigh in scale and I don't have a podium shot. I'll try and cut one from the group shot.

Dan

Chad and Chris I hope. Hard to do when all you have is a screen handle to come up with faces. Once again congrats.

Dan

I guess I had better save the "best" for last. Don Fowler Tear Drop Bass

Dan

Oops shouldn't have kept him for last says folder is full and won't let me upload any more pics.

Savage

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blackbass

Brandon, tell Blake when you talk to him, that I found his sunglasses.
I'll give them to Brian the next time I see him. 

later

rangerfan

Where can you get all the final standings  from?

blakstr1

Quote from: blackbass on August 27, 2006, 03:07:11 PM
Brandon, tell Blake when you talk to him, that I found his sunglasses.
I'll give them to Brian the next time I see him.?

later

sweet dude...thanks...and big time congratulations!  Awesome that you made it!

I got to fish with blackbass on Saturday, i netted his fish with incredible grace and prowess, almost like i've netted other people's fish..many, many, many times!!!

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Glad you got a pic of my good side Dan!  :D

It was great to meet a bunch more of the GLB guys, fun to put faces with names.  We even got to meet the famous BassTech gal from the Teardrop bass club!  Woohooo!!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Hey Rangerfan,
I am pretty sure that a buddy of mine got a print out of the standings so if you PM me with those you're interested in I'll give him a call and ask.

Yup Blake, the infamous Rosann was there with husband Dennis. Dennis was really bummed. Second place overall day one and only had one fish day two and missed the cut by just an ounce or so. I have a picture of him and Don after he came from around 25th to make the 13th spot an it is one of those thrill of victory and agony of defeat shots. I was trying to get your website and sponsor stuff on so that's the reason I took the one shot from the back. I sent you another  as you were going through the line. During the tournament I try not to be too obtrusive and stick the camera in everybodies face. I like shooting pictures, however. I'ts kind of like the money or trophy thread earlier. For me it's a picture. The plaques at the state championship are really nice, but a few pictures of the weighin, the boats circling to take off, all those bass boats parked in the lot, now those are the real deal. In the end, and you get as old as me, that's what it's all about. The people and the experience. darn, I wanted one of those plaques.

joshimoto son

For anyone... what was the conditions on the Bay?
Could you run out of the river? or did ma nature force you to stay in?

smbassman

From what I heard, the Bay was off limits both days.  Very surprising since there was no NE winds that usually is the worst out there.

Dan

The directors were on the phone with the coast guard each day and it was an iffy call and they wanted to error on the side of caution. The bay was off limits both days and the Edison plant was as far as you could go. A lot of guys of course spent a good deal of time on the bay and when it closed there were some lost puppies. Just had to go fishing. I had a partner who made the decision early to stay in the river for practice. He practiced the river for a week. Should have had a limit with him, but had tackle problems. Had some bad line and I kept thinking it was zebras breaking me off. Lost at least four keepers because of bad line. My son who also fished spooled the same line the night before and lost some fish. Pays to quickly tie an overhand knot and check line even if it's out of a new box.  I learned a hard lesson.

joshimoto son

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. I qualified to go this year but I have all my time and money going to other tournaments.
It does make me glad to hear about the bay being closed, glad I didn't go now. I would have been one of those lost puppies fishing the river.