Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Grand Rapids Show - What was the best part of the show for you ?

Started by Mojo, March 19, 2012, 02:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Well first off, I'd like welcome all of the new members who signed up. West side folks always make us feel at home so we'd like to return the favor.

Next up - what was best about the show ? I saw a few really cool things - Wayne Carpenters triple threat tube is probably the best color he has come out with in years.
Look for it at the new tackle shops down by Elizebeth park and across from Erie Metro launch.

NEmisis has the best balsa A rig with some terrific colors  while Custom Kicker has the best lead headed A-rig. Each serves a different purpose. Custom Kicker also has some real neat heads on their jigs for those special purpose casts - like the glide heads that turn your jig into a glider during the  critical fall.

All highest quality products, all have fish catching colors, are made by fisherman - for fishermen and best of all they can be found on GLB if you missed em at the show.

Also I  found the kickin frog that we see on this website, and I think this bait will rock in any lilly padded area. No kayak needed !!!  

Sooo. I'm interested in what you saw at the show that you liked.  ;D
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Eric

I never did make it through the whole thing.  I started wandering and stopped about every 6 feet to chat with someone else.  That went on for 5 hours and Keith threatened to die on me if I didn't take him home.  So the best part was talking to everyone.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Dan

We want to know how the water park was rated by your kids??  I always enjoy talking to people at the show that I haven't seen in a while. What great weather. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get up to the taxidermy display, and I didn't get to hear Joe Thomas. So far, I haven't caught the creeping crud from Kimmel who was hacking and blowing snot all weekend. If you think it's butter but it's snot, your in trouble.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Redbone

Quote from: Dan on March 19, 2012, 02:04:48 PM
So far, I haven't caught the creeping crud from Kimmel who was hacking and blowing snot all weekend.

That is GLB's latest contest.  First one to get it wins!   :P

It was a good show, and now I'm ready to fish!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

I agree with Eric.  Talking with members from the GLB site was the best.  Looking forward to seeing you guys at the Spring Open.

Waterfoul

I thought it was all great!  Love talking to people about fishing.

Kustom Kicker's new Head Rush jig is gonna rock!

The Nemesis A-rig is made of white cedar by the way... not balsa.  Hand carved and hand painted.  I threw it today for a bit just for fun.  It runs REALLY nice thru the water.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

mikesmiph

The best part for me was watching DK try to make crabby Veronica smile for a picture. She hates to get her picture taken.

Frank

i have to say it was watching Brandon win bobbing for trout for a record 4th year in 2.7 seconds

Frank

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on March 20, 2012, 07:00:43 PM
The best part for me was watching DK try to make crabby Veronica smile for a picture. She hates to get her picture taken.

I made her smile several times but I was always a little off with the camera timing. They say humans aren't true multitaskers...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on March 21, 2012, 08:52:11 AM
i have to say it was watching Brandon win bobbing for trout for a record 4th year in 2.7 seconds

Frank

Man that kid has a BIG mouth!  Amazing streak he is on... sure gets some cool fishing trips out of it every year.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

sfw1960

Meeting Dan was kinda K00L, even if he's a germ-0-phobe...LOL
Feeding Mike almonds was a close second, and he didn't get sick either - must be we got a better gene pool than Dan, HUH MIKE???
;D
I guess getting 1/2 oz. swimbait jigs for 20 cents a pc. was a pretty good deal too.
:D

RAS
Bringer of the 'Bird

djkimmel

I'm still not completely over this darn cold or whatever it is! Used to be an annual event that I would catch a bad cold at one of the big spring shows. The past few years I have it figured out but I caught this cold, probably at the Miami airport. I just didn't want to pass it along! I think I offended about 100 people but someone has to stop the cycle!!!!! I did get tricked into shaking 2 people's hands and 1 person made me do it! I hope they didn't all regret it later.

I'm not going to comment on my gene pool. Us redheads take enough grief as it is!!