Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's in your boat?

Started by Jmcfarland, March 18, 2012, 07:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmcfarland

Hey guy's. I loaded my boat today and did some serious reorganizing. I think I got what I need. Lifejackets/anchor/tools/etc. I'm trying to see if there are some things that are out of the ordinary or that you don't think of to often that you find quite handy. Mine would be a small livewell net for tournaments. Saves time and you don't get nearly as soaked getting your fish out if you don't have them pinned.

Mike S.

Jumper cables.  I'm telling you, you just never know.  We launched for an NBAA Wednesday nighter, and my cranking battery was dead.  The family and I were all hanging out in the boat, in the garage, and it seems somebody turned the master power on for me.

Waterfoul

Um... rods and reels!!  Tackle!!!!

I carry a spare bilge pump with aligator clips and a section of hose.  Something I actually learned from KVD about 10 years ago.  You can fill a livewell if one fails, or use it to bail your boat if the bilge pump fails.  
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

Dirt and a few lawns chairs i stored in it over the winter
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

TP  !!!  lol   I carry a quart of engine oil.  Just in case I have let it slip my mind and haven't checked the oil reservoir. If the alarm goes off I'll add the quart and it'll get me to some more.

SethV

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 18, 2012, 10:09:53 PM
I carry a spare bilge pump with aligator clips and a section of hose.  Something I actually learned from KVD about 10 years ago.  You can fill a livewell if one fails, or use it to bail your boat if the bilge pump fails.  

Yes - for sure.  I have used it for both.  I once had double bilge failure (long story) and used it to pump the boat out when nearly filled to the gunnels.  I also had my cranking battery totally die once, too dead to even jump, so I moved the leads to a trolling motor battery at the last second before the run in (no pressure!!), but my livewell leads would not reach to the other side.  So, I used the emergency pump while waiting for weigh in.

I also carry a spare prop, tool kit, extra scale, flares, flag, extra gore tex suit, throwable, fuses, duct tape, long rope, anchor, drift sock, helemet, compartment plugs, sd card with waypoint backups, jumper cables

Jmcfarland

I like what I'm seeing. I got most of the stuff mentioned so far. One thing I need to buy or make is the bilge pump on alligator clips. I read that before but must have forgot to do it. I usually check my oil before I hook up the boat but that might be a good idea. You just never know. TheFishingPollock-If your ever running low on dirt you can come take some out of my boat. I won't even charge you.

detroit1

A rope to either tow or be towed with, spare spark plugs.
WAVE THERAPY

Eric

www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

REEL_MAN

Seth you have just about everything but the kitchen sink.You did forget to mention survival food and water. You can tell who has the time on the water by what they carry and it is called experience.

Manxfishing

I Have a hoodie and pair of dry socks in a zip lock bag
Just in case
spare hats and sunglass's
And I keep a 1/2 doz of the plastic grocrey bags for trash, portable tolit etc.

PIGSMALLIE

It would take way to long for me to list everything!!!

bsimpson

Besides most everything listed, I also keep a roll of toilet paper in my boat!!!  :)

Jmcfarland

There are some really good, really simple suggestions on here that honestly I haven't thought of til its to late sometimes. Especially the toilet paper. Nothing like getting a sunburn on the upper part of your arms cuz your sleeves are missing.  ::) Anyhow when this thread slows down maybe I will gather up all the suggestions and see if I can get Dkimmel to sticky it. It should help out the new boat owners a ton.

bigmojet

I carry an extra drain plug for my aluminum boat.

SethV

BTW, co-anglers are not impressed when you are 10 miles out with the boat filled to the gunnels 15 minutes before weigh in.  Even with the 250 pushing as hard as it could, it was too much weight to get on pad.    :D   Thanks to all the right extra stuff in the boat, we made it in and both of us got nice checks.

motocross269

I carry everything that Seth does.....With my older Evinrude I carried an Extra Prop.....With the new Flow Torque hubs do you guys really think it is necessarry to carry an extra prop or can you get buy with carrying just the hub...I would think it would be a rare occurrence to smoke a Stainless prop...

One other benefit of carrying an extra pump is if you are using a cartridge pump you have one readily available to swap out if you need too...I have used the spare pump multiple times.....

I also carry a splitter rope with a bouy in case I have to tow someone in....Voltmeter, various panduit, Wire strippers and crimpers, 20 foot of wire....(I had to use this during a tournament to temporarily direct wire a livewell pump to the switch when a wire went bad),,,,Spare trolling motor prop and nut kit..Dry clothes vacuum packed, spare handheld GPS with graphics..

SethV

You should see the brand new blueprinted Boger prop I "tweaked" at the Mississipi river thanks to an unmarked wing dam.  Rolled the blades right up.  Without a spare prop I would have had a very long idle home.  Props are heavy and I have only needed a spare once, but that one time I sure was glad I had it.

TheFishinPollock

Well now the dirt is outa the boat . I went through all the tackle I got.  I need more boxes or a bigger boat with more storage  :D :D

BTW  Dan,   That tackle bag we got at the  tourny here was awsome. If I was smart I would have dug into it last season and  had certain soft plastics I needed. But of course I went and bought some before looking. 
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Revtro

Ditto on the jumper cables.  I have had to help out someone on a couple of occasions with them.  I carry a dry bag with a change of clothes, a swimsuit, and a towel on my boat all summer.  You never know when you're gonna fall in if you're a little clumsy like me.   ;)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]