Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Need some help on Duck Lake in Interlochen

Started by spinninbug, August 15, 2006, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

The morning was a mess but we worked it out and had a pretty good day on the water.  No Duke we didn't make the classic but I did manage to catch a decent lg mouth he nailed  my spinninbug and unfortunately he didn't make it,  we knew he wouldn't either he was bleeding when we netted him and put him in the boat.  However we were only able to catch two other fish.  We finally found a spot that the smallies just turned on and it was time to go.  Go figure. 

Most everyone had a pretty good laugh at Dan and his partner, ( not me though I would never do that)  at what happened with his net and his rods.  By the way Dan did you check with your insurance to see if they would cover it?  I heard Don telling his covered him when that happened to him. 

We had a great afternoon just relaxing at the campground,  felt good to just get away and then all that rucus in the morning kind of put a damper on things but I have to say I'm proud of our guys in our club everyone handled it very well and we all worked it out with ourselves and did the best we could.  It was inconvient but it worked.

So our fishing season is over with the teardrop.  We are thinking about fishing gun with scmbc though and maybe their fall open too so we might get a couple more in,  however bear season is coming and my husband got drawn so I'm not sure what's going to happen for sure. I didn't get drawn :( 

So Duck was an experience to say the least but we did ok..  There is always next year right?

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

spinninbug

I'm sorry Brian I must not have read your dates..  wow I'm not sure when we can work this out now,  let me talk to hubby and see what we can figure out.  Maybe we could meet for a day on labor day weekend.  I'll do some checking and see what we can come up with.  The 9th and 10th would have been perfect.  We have nothing planned for that weekend.  We will figure something out though.
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

smbassman

I don't know what to say about the "other group" but I don't really understand how this situation can even happen.  There are sooooo many awesome fishing lakes up there and soooo few bass anglers, I don't get it!  But enough about that.  What's the GPS coords. of that Loomis/Curado?  I wouldn't mind doing some deep crankin around that area - could be rewarding!

BTW - that is exactly why I don't own any Loomis'.  Whenever you here of a rod getting kicked out of the boat or dropped over by mistake, it's alwasy a Loomis!  Sorry about your luck!

nitro1619

Ladies & Gentleman,

Before I go into the whole thing I need to tell you I will get proof to either back up what I say or confirm your story about what happened at the lake. Last I heard the teardrop group did not pull a permit til after tc bass had already done so a long time ago and the start time was supposed to be after tc bass but the teardrop group decided to go first anyway therefore causing the commotion however I seriously doubt profanities were used as I know the guys and yes they can be a little bit of a pain sometimes I really doubt profanities were used and maybe the story should be told correct before trying to make some one look bad.

djkimmel

I think the real important thing is it really shouldn't be too hard to work things our or work together, especially up north with the small number of clubs and anglers.

I know the MDNR probably doesn't want to get into the 'grievance' business. I see nothing but trouble down the road if tournament anglers decide rather than to work things out amicably, they pull the MDNR into the position of having to do it for us. I know who the losers will be then - all of us.

We are all big boys and girls, and need to act like it all the time if we don't want to end up having our sport regimented, limited and maybe even done away with as we know it today. There are enough people out there who don't like what we do and would prefer we go away. Let's not help them... please.

This is the only side of the story that concerns me every day.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

Dan. The CCBA tourny on lake Leelanau is set for sept 10th.   60 boats only .  We will be there from Florida again this year.  Prolly be under Team Pollock . Will be fishing outa of a '86 gray and silver ChampioN.  Come on and fish it. We could use the extra 60.00 bucks for vacation. <just a little smack talk ya know <snicker>>.   There is a 10.00 big fish pot this year again too. I'll send ya a private message with Rich Hentschel's phone number to see if there are still slots open.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Dan

Are there any fish left in Leelanau?  We fished it two years ago and two fish won it. It was July though. I love to fish it in June. Probably good in September. Don't know if I will come up and donate. Going to try and fish the bay a week or so. We have had our Classic on Leelanau in September before and fished the Tamarack and did pretty well. The North Lake was really tough though. Thanks for the phone number.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dan

Hey Brian,
If you are in to an instructional DVD on drop shotting Seth Burrill at axfishing.com has a two dvd set that is very good. He really gives some pointers that I have never heard of. Starts with the rigging, baits, knots, dos and don'ts and then has one dvd where he fishes it for walleye, lakers, crappie and bass. We have a link to his site on our teardropbass.com page.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bshaner

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

fishndooder

I know this thread has been shut for a month now, but i figure this is the best to post in.  does anyone know of any weekend opens this fall around tc?
thanks
brent