Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapids 2012 Volunteers Signup

Started by djkimmel, March 09, 2012, 03:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

UPDATED 03/13/12 (12:55PM): Booth 1927 - This is the volunteer need schedule for the 2012 Ultimate Sport Show Grand Rapids at DeVos Place. Volunteers who work at least 2 hours will get a free exhibitor pass to the show that is good for the whole show as long as you make your shift.

You will get more details in the private volunteers area of the forum. You will be able to see it once I add you to the temporary show group. I will state a few things now. I need people who can talk to others in an outgoing, friendly fashion about joining my websites, handing out stuff and just answering general questions about fishing. NO ALCOHOL in the booth. No sales of items not pre-approved by me before the show. This is only a 10x10 booth so there's not a lot of room for extra friends and family to come and hang out in for any length of time. Please limit the extra people who aren't working behind the table. I will be at the show all 4 days.

Thursday, March 15
3pm - 9:30pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       3pm - 9:30pm
cameraguy      3pm - 8pm
Dan            5:30pm - 7:30pm
               6:30pm - 8:30pm
               7pm - 9:30pm

Friday, March 16
11am - 9:30pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       11am - 9:30pm
redbone        11am - 2:30pm
               2:30pm - 5pm
Waterfoul      4pm - 7pm
               6:30pm - 8:30pm
               7pm - 9:30pm

Saturday, March 17
10am - 9pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       10am - 9pm
bsimpson       10am - 2pm
mikesmiph      11am - 1pm
rockin ricky   1pm - 4pm
Tom Roggow     1pm - 4pm
mikesmiph      3pm - 6pm
thedude        4pm - 7pm
LGMOUTH        6pm - 9pm

Sunday, March 18
10am - 5pm

Username       Time
djkimmel       10am - 5pm
thedude        11am - 1pm
Mojo           12pm - 5pm
LGMOUTH        2pm - 4pm
               2pm - 5pm (tear down)

All volunteers will be added to the special GLBass Friends group if not already in there. And you will have my eternal thanks and appreciation! Plus, you get to talk about fishing!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

mikesmiph and girlscanfish2 are going to be at the show Saturday but I haven't listed them on the schedule yet since I have already relied on them so much for the previous 2 shows. I want to see who else can help and when first.

If someone can help a different time slot than I have listed, please post that and I will edit the schedule as needed. If more people want to help than I have slots listed, that is okay too. I will need breaks and have other business, and we can fit 3 to 4 volunteers at the booth at a time. I expect Friday and Saturday may be super busy so help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rockin ricky

Hi There, To whom this concerns,  I was wondering what time slots are open for saturday. I think I would love to do this, seems how I have been down to them for hours at a time,  Walking around. And I love Fishing! Could you please let me know what is available and maybe could call me,  Please,  If you would like my number, let me know. Or is there a number I can call.  Thank You. :) Happy Fishins!

djkimmel

Quote from: rockin ricky on March 09, 2012, 05:42:58 PM
Hi There, To whom this concerns,  I was wondering what time slots are open for saturday. I think I would love to do this, seems how I have been down to them for hours at a time,  Walking around. And I love Fishing! Could you please let me know what is available and maybe could call me,  Please,  If you would like my number, let me know. Or is there a number I can call.  Thank You. :) Happy Fishins!

Please check out the present times listed for Saturday in the first post. Right now, almost all of them are open for volunteers. See if any of those times work for you and post on here. If you have questions, please send me a private message with your contact information. The website contact information is on glbass.com/contact.

Waterfoul

Dan, I hope to be down there every day except possibly Sunday from around 1:00 or so till close (or so).  While I will be wandering a bit and spending time in the 2K and Nemesis booths... you know I'm good for some time hanging out and signing up members in the GLB booth too.  Put me down for a time slot around the 4:00 hour on Friday for sure.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Quote from: Waterfoul on March 09, 2012, 09:20:31 PM
Dan, I hope to be down there every day except possibly Sunday from around 1:00 or so till close (or so).  While I will be wandering a bit and spending time in the 2K and Nemesis booths... you know I'm good for some time hanging out and signing up members in the GLB booth too.  Put me down for a time slot around the 4:00 hour on Friday for sure.

Will do. Thanks!

Dan

Dan, I could work in the booth that 530 to 730 Thursday slot, and maybe more if you need someone. Let me know.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on March 09, 2012, 10:15:08 PM
Dan, I could work in the booth that 530 to 730 Thursday slot, and maybe more if you need someone. Let me know.

I will put you down and I may need more if you can give it. I will wait another day or two to see how many others can volunteer. Thanks!

Redbone

I can help out Friday if needed.  Anytime between 11:00 and 5:00 will work good for me. Just let me know. I swear I will follow the rules this year! ;D

djkimmel

Quote from: Redbone on March 10, 2012, 07:56:59 AM
I can help out Friday if needed.  Anytime between 11:00 and 5:00 will work good for me. Just let me know. I swear I will follow the rules this year! ;D

Well... since you swear, how about Friday 11am until 2:30pm? Too much, or just right? Thanks! ;D

rockin ricky

Quote from: djkimmel on March 09, 2012, 08:07:53 PM
Quote from: rockin ricky on March 09, 2012, 05:42:58 PM
Hi There, To whom this concerns,  I was wondering what time slots are open for saturday. I think I would love to do this, seems how I have been down to them for hours at a time,  Walking around. And I love Fishing! Could you please let me know what is available and maybe could call me,  Please,  If you would like my number, let me know. Or is there a number I can call.  Thank You. :) Happy Fishins!

Please check out the present times listed for Saturday in the first post. Right now, almost all of them are open for volunteers. See if any of those times work for you and post on here. If you have questions, please send me a private message with your contact information. The website contact information is on glbass.com/contact.
Dan, I could do the Sat afternoon slot some time , I could do the 1 to 4 or the next slot , Please put me down for one of them, and I will be there. Thank You for giving me the Oppertunity to help you out! Have a great day, And we will see you soon.

Redbone

Quote from: djkimmel on March 10, 2012, 01:02:06 PM
Quote from: Redbone on March 10, 2012, 07:56:59 AM

Well... since you swear, how about Friday 11am until 2:30pm? Too much, or just right? Thanks! ;D

Sounds good.

djkimmel

djkimmel

rockin ricky, I have you down for 1pm - 4pm Saturday. You will see a new volunteers only message board above this board next time you check. More details on where to park and how to get your exhibitor badge so you don't have to pay to or to get in will be in that board.

djkimmel

Sure could use some more help Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and Sunday with volunteers. 2 hour minimum gets you an exhibitors badge that will get you into the show for free every day! Please help if you can. You just need to be at the booth and talk about fishing.

Mojo

Yup put me down for 10:30-5 Sunday. Helping a few booths so I'll be running around all day. See ya there.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Quote from: Mojo on March 11, 2012, 03:41:19 PM
Yup put me down for 12-5 Sunday. I'll try to arrive earlier. 

Great! We'll see if we can wear you out. Thanks!

djkimmel

We are in pretty good shape if everyone can make it. There are still a few holes to fill if anyone else can help out. Thanks!

mikesmiph

Good news/ Bad news        The good news. Veronica was one of only 5 kids in her whole school to have their science fair project advance to the County science fair. I am so very proud of her. The bad news. Its Saturday and Sunday. The not so bad news. Its over no later than 2. We will leave straight from there and get to GR about 4. We will be in the booth the rest of the evening.

thedude

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods