Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:50:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Michigan Lyme Disease Association Charity tournament June 30

Started by 5poundhooker, March 06, 2012, 06:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5poundhooker

One of my clubs and I (Great Lakes Bass Club)of Hudson area are hosting a charity tournament in June to benefit MLDA.

It will be held at Devils lake on June 30th potential start time is 7:00 am. It will be a 6 hour tournament and kids 14 and under will not be counted as regular anglers. There will be a separate weigh in for them and separate prizes. The kids can ride and fish with regular anglers, but only they will be able to fish for what ever species they want as long as the fish are legal.

The heaviest fish will be what they weigh in (only one) no matter the species. There will be 1-5 places for the kids and if we can get enough sponsorship no one will leave empty handed. The regular anglers will fish for bass only. Two(2) anglers per boat(+ kids if you bring some).

This will a true charity event that is giving 50% of the entire field to the MLDA. Entry fees are going to be $60 per team and $6 per kid under 14. We have not acquired any sponsorship as of yet, but we will. this is just to let you know as early as possible, so that you can put it on your calendars now.

If anyone who owns a bait company or other fishing gear stores and would like to participate in donating any tackle or other door prizes to the benefit contact me via e-mail at jschanz007@gmail.com. Please donate if you can or come and fish with us it is going to be a blast. There will be a booth dedicated to Michigan Lyme Disease Association.

Penalties of fish death will be 4oz. There will be places 1-3 for big bass and 1-4 for total weight. Please join us to help out this very important cause. I have very good fishing friends who are affected by the disease and some of you know them without me even mentioning their names. The pay-outs are not going to be huge depending on how many show up, but we are doing this for the foundation and its needs not our own.

Thank you for reading this and contact me if you have any questions. I am going to put together a flyer once we get all of our sponsors.
Thanks, Josh S. of Great Lakes Bass Club

Fishmael

Sounds like a good time as long as noone gets ticked off.   ;D  So how do you respond to someone at a MLDA event when the say they only got 3 bites?  Do you console them and ask them how the fishing went?

djkimmel

When you post an event, after you post it, make sure you use the Link to Calendar link at the bottom to also add your event to the forum calendar. That helps people find it and also lists upcoming events on the website home page.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

5poundhooker

That was pretty bad. Thanks for the typo help. It is for a good cause no matter how its spelled and its not one of those greedy 80% payback benefit. The goal is to give as much as possible and still have something left over for prizes. The entry fee is also smaller than most.

cameraguy

You're right. It is a good cause. I know of people who have had the disease and it can be horrific. I hope you get a great turnout. Maybe with a little coercing I can get Dan K. to wrap some duct tape around his trailer axle and fish your tournament with me. If not, then maybe show up for a story and pictures. Good luck!

5poundhooker

Thank you cameraguy, it would be great if you guys could come and that may attract others to the event also. I want to raise as much money and awareness as possible. We could still use some sponsors just for grab bags and such, some baits and kids prizes would be great if anyone has a new or current soft or hard lure company, it would be for a good deed and get your name out there too. I am going to donate a custom rod and some reel cleaning services. It still a little way down the calendar, just trying to notify as many people as I can for a good turn out. 

5poundhooker

WE ARE NOT SEEING MUCH INTEREST IN KIDS COMING TO THE EVENT(NONE), SO IT WILL JUST BE A BASS ONLY EVENT. PLEASE COME AND JOIN US ON SAT. JUNE 30th AT DEVILS LAKE. A CUSTOM SPINNING ROD AND OTHER BAITS AND PRIZES ALSO. ONLY $60 + $10 FOR BIG BASS. 50% OF THE ENTRY FEE WILL GO TO THE MLDA. DON'T MISS THIS ONE GUYS.

5poundhooker

Registration is from 5:30am-6am, we will fish from either 6-1 or 6:30-1:30 depending on how many boats show up. Its only $60 per boat +$10 for big bass pot. Cheap clean fun and you may win a custom spinning rod or some other swag of some sort. Show up and see!