Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:30:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Ann - Traverse City

Started by Cheetam, August 04, 2006, 09:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

Just found out I will be heading up to Lake Ann (West of TC I believe) for a few days the week of Aug 14.  Does anyone have any experience on this lake? 
Jeff

canvsbk

Tube color is green pumpkin / orange. Crawl 'em don't hop 'em.
The top water bite can be spectacular on the break early and late. Pop R's and Skitter Pops.
If you're a sight fisherman you're probably in trouble! ;D
Good luck - may see you there?????
Look past what they want you to see.

Dan

Don't have any help for you except one of our Tear Drop guys lived not too far from there, Dan Chapman, and he use to fish it for fun all the time. Must have some nice fish in it. You are only a stone's throw from some other great lakes: Duck, Green, Long are all close by. Could be of some help on those lakes. We have a Tear Drop tournament on Duck the weekend of the 20th and I'll be up there a couple of days probably the 16-17th.  If you want some good eats make sure you check out Boone's Long Lake Inn. Killer steaks and a platter of perch a mile high. Sunday they usually have a slab of prime on special that is huge. The Hoffenbrau in Interlochen has an excellant Sunday brunch. They also have some pretty big names in at the Interlochen Music Camp if your into going to a concert in the evening.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Cheetam

Quote from: canvsbk on August 04, 2006, 10:35:59 AM
Tube color is green pumpkin / orange. Crawl 'em don't hop 'em.
The top water bite can be spectacular on the break early and late. Pop R's and Skitter Pops.
If you're a sight fisherman you're probably in trouble! ;D
Good luck - may see you there?????

Awesome info...thanks!  Are you planning on fishing Lake Ann that week?  If you need company, let me know.  I believe we're staying in a cottage right on the lake (don't have too many details at this point in time though...).
Jeff

Cheetam

Quote from: Dan on August 04, 2006, 11:58:57 AM
Don't have any help for you except one of our Tear Drop guys lived not too far from there, Dan Chapman, and he use to fish it for fun all the time. Must have some nice fish in it. You are only a stone's throw from some other great lakes: Duck, Green, Long are all close by. Could be of some help on those lakes. We have a Tear Drop tournament on Duck the weekend of the 20th and I'll be up there a couple of days probably the 16-17th.? If you want some good eats make sure you check out Boone's Long Lake Inn. Killer steaks and a platter of perch a mile high. Sunday they usually have a slab of prime on special that is huge. The Hoffenbrau in Interlochen has an excellant Sunday brunch. They also have some pretty big names in at the Interlochen Music Camp if your into going to a concert in the evening.

I'm a big fan of Interlochen and Duck and Green.  We spent a couple summers camping at the State Park.  When the kids get older I plan on getting back there...Thanks for the info!
Jeff

dartag

i bet the 1/2 bait i used at Kent would work great.  i used it at Cass last week and had 20 keepers.  mostly smallmouth. 

i second the Long Lake Inn.  the Seafood Platter is the best i have ever had..  the Steak will scare ya.

ss

Cheetam

Quote from: dartag on August 04, 2006, 12:38:43 PM
i bet the 1/2 bait i used at Kent would work great.? i used it at Cass last week and had 20 keepers.? mostly smallmouth.?

i second the Long Lake Inn.? the Seafood Platter is the best i have ever had..? the Steak will scare ya.

ss

Why you have more than 1 rod on your deck at any one time amazes me  :D...although it was nice to see you get a fish on a crankbait.  Was that a Falcon hook you were using on your 1/2 bait rod?
Jeff

dartag

yep a falcon weighted hook. 1.0 and 1/32 weight,  although on cass they wanted the bait un-weighted.
i can still hear Kevins words of wisdom on the crankbait'  " just throw it out and reel it in "   the man is a genius.. 

take the family to the beach at Empire.. great place,  real quiet

ss

cwinsiii

I live about 15 minutes from Lake Ann. I was going to fish the Bay's or Leelanue  this weekend if I don't I will fish Lake Ann and tell you how I do.

Cheetam

So Clare, did you end up fishing the big water?  Have you fished Lake Ann in the past?
Jeff

cwinsiii

I ended up fishing Leelanau with waves about 2 foot blowing down the middle of the lake.

I'm supposed to fish East Bay either saturday or sunday this weekend.

When are you coming up, I have a map of lake ann if you want me to email it.

I have never fished it, the problem around here is to many good lakes witch one do you pick.

cwinsiii

I have a couple friends I'll ask about the lake.

If you go to Gander Mountain some of them fish the tournaments in the area they would know.

Cheetam

Quote from: cwinsiii on August 10, 2006, 11:19:58 PM
I have a couple friends I'll ask about the lake.

If you go to Gander Mountain some of them fish the tournaments in the area they would know.
Thanks Clare.  I found a map online.  Looks like a sunken island in the middle and some nice deep points and drops.  I'm looking forward to getting out there.  The nephews and brother-in-law will be there, so I'm hoping there's a good population of panfish to keep em busy...
Jeff