Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bilge pump

Started by Bronzeback5LBER, August 01, 2006, 05:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzeback5LBER

Was up north over the weekend at a family reunion and was going to take everyone tubing,I couldn't get any power out of the boat with the tube hooked up,but had normal power without the tube,anyhow to make a long story short found out the bilge was not pumping water,(my boat must of had 100 gallons of water inside it)my questions are how much is a bilge(it says 360 on the pump) is it easy to install(I 'm not very good at doing repairs)How much would someone charge to put it in for me?

I just want to get an idea so I don't run into any surprises when I go to the parts dealer.

Thanks in advance
                                               Bronzeback5LBER

I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

Cy

I think the average bilge pump is $30 to $60.  There are rather easy to install in a bass boat, other boats can be more difficult.  If you have one installed I would think you should be able to get it done for under $100.

If you decide to tackle it on your own this is about how it could go.  Disconnect the wires, disconnect the hose, Pop the pump out of the housing, unscrew the pump bracket / housing.  Use the same screws to attach the new pump and wire it back up and connect the hose. 

I just noticied if your pump is a 360 gph you can got a Rule 360 for about $17.00 at Cabelas.

Good Luck.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

dartag

i would suggest a 1000 gph pump with a float.  wire it to the battery with a fuse. you will have to get a thru-hull fitting and drill a hole to mount it.    99.9 % if the time it just sits there.  but when you get water in the boat the float turns the pump on then shuts off when the level drops.  iit is also a great indicator when you launch the boat and forget to put the plug in.

i have 3 pumps in my ranger.  when you are taking on water,  more is better

ss

McCarter

My bilge pump shoud win an award.  I installed it myself ( very easy to do in most bass boats ) when i first bought the boat and it has never failed me.  It is the hardest working bilge pump in Michigan, maybe even the world.  I need to get 3 like Steve tho.  The faster the water is out, the faster i can get back on plane.  My boat takes on a bunch of water in waves due to a crack between the hull and cap.  It gets pretty scary on Lake St Clair and Lake Erie.  But i havent sunk it yet.

PB himself :-\'

Bronzeback5LBER

Thanks again guys Ill give it a try.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

Langer

I can tell you this.......  My bilege does not pump water out faster then no plug pumps it in!!!! :o :o
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President