email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand River Break it down...  (Read 6798 times)

rufus

Re: Grand River Break it down...
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 05:59:13 AM »

Sorry dhuff, I wasn't even thinking. I ended up in 4th and my coangler won. He was an awesome partner. He told me at the meeting that he loved th Grand??? :o I will see everyone at the big lake. I will be fishing Wonderland this weekend, hope to see some guys their.
God Bless and Good Fishin'
Rufus

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 12:16:41 PM »

Forgot your co-angler did win - congrats rufus! I've never won a Redman/BFL despite really really wanting to, but I'm still pretty proud that two of my co-anglers have won (even if one still rubs it in several years later :)). I'd love the Grand too if I won! Actually, I go through some kind of weird stage where I do real well over there for a few seasons and then I go through a stage where I poorly. It's probably psychological. I'm hoping this is the last of the poor stage.

Meanwhile... Great stories everyone! Thanks so much for sharing and keep it up please!

Just found out I will definitely be fishing the Wonderland for the first time. One day of practice!?! I hope I drive the boat in the right direction. All the big guns will be there and I hate being a donater!!!! Looks like any one of 20 or 30 teams could win this one.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

nitrobass

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 01:41:13 PM »

I was paired with SethV's dad Dave and we decided to make a run to Muskegon. After the ride to Muskegon I went to drop in the trolling motor and the thing was bound up. After trying numerous ways we took the trolling motor out of the bracket and relieved the tension and the locking pins freed up finally.
After dropping in the trolling motor went and turned on the bow depth finder and would you guess it the thing didnt turn on.
We ended up fishing the weedlines but nothing produced.
so we ended up going back to Spring Lake But we only caught a couple of dinks each.
I just want to add that I thank Dave for his patience thru the whole day.
The Trolling motor problem is now fixed and the Depth finder a wire connector broke free and now  is fixed also.

LUMBERLEO

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »

I'm glad to see the river give up some fish.  The BASS event there went well to, it seems to be getting better and better.  My boater went to Mona and we caught a few fish.  I caught a almost 3lb smallie    (must have came from god himself) that helped move me up to 8th overall.  I hope bfl doesn't give up on it yet.  I think it will be even better next year.                         Scott

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 01:14:24 AM »

Many of us turned in to the Michigan BFL tournament director lists of lakes we want to fish in the future. I included one a year on the west side each year even though it has been kicking my butt for several seasons. I think a rounded circuit, and angler, needs variety and challenge. I don't know how many others felt the same.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge