Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:48:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

P-Line Rebate, $10 Free Lures and Other Offers

Started by djkimmel, February 05, 2012, 05:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Latest deals from OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE including - P-Line $6 rebate when you buy 2 spools of line*

PLUS get $10 of FREE lures when you order over $50!

• Promotion starts today and ends 2/8/12.
  • It is good for new orders only.
  • PROMO CODE: FREE
  • We will randomly select and add the free baits with your order.

Free Shipping on orders over $50. Details available on OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

KustomKickers Jigs now available too!

* This Offer Expires: June 30, 2012

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I highly recommend the P-Line Spectrex IV. It's is much less expensive in cost over the 'it' line many people are using, and paying for the name popularity, yet I have used both extensively and P-Line is noticeably superior in performance. I love the fact that it is better line but costs less because someone has done a good job of marketing another brand.

Save some money and find out what I did, there are better lines that don't necessarily cost more. Try P-Line Spectrex IV plus get a rebate if you buy 2 spools of any P-Line (except C21).

OFFERS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Something still relatively new I'll be testing this year is P-Line Hydrofloat - Spectra braid superline designed to float with a thermal-fused coating. Originally designed for steelhead and salmon float fishing, I think it could be very interesting for a number of topwater fishing applications such as long casts with a Spook or when you want to get some real great action from your lure by using no stretch line! I will report on it later in the season.

Yes, you will be helping GreatLakesBass.com a little if you buy with these links since we have an agreement with OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE and more importantly you will be supporting a company that has an impact on making GreatLakesBass.com possible - P-Line. As far as what you think about my impartiality, I hope that most of you by now trust that I'm a straight shooter and won't steer you wrong. I am honest and follow regulations requiring disclosure about any relationship GreatLakesBass.com might have to products we mention on this website in our Disclosure policy here.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

The ultimate braided super line test was when I went to Brazil in January of 2010. Most of us were using 80 lbs. test for those brutal peacock bass. I was the only one using P-Line Spectrex IV and I was almost the only person among the 16 anglers who did not have a break off all week on a cast (many moon-shot casts with big, expensive topwaters) or a big fish (several heartbreakers for others who used another brand).

I have way less tip-top tangle and backlashes including almost never having a backlash cast break-off since I switched over to P-Line exclusively about 5 seasons ago. Not sure if I can recall even one since I switched but I can recall that it happened with other brands. PLUS, I save money!

fishstick

I haven't tested the spectrex on any peacock bass...but it has performed awesome for me fishing around here. Great abrasion resistance for flipping grass that has a lot of zebra mussels clinging to it. I didn't mess with flouro too much except for dropshotting until last year...I did some experimenting with P-Line Halo last year and developed a lot of confidence in it with many different set ups and techniques. That is a pretty sweet deal from LBF!

djkimmel

Thank you for your comments. I love P-Line Halo. That is the line I use the most over the past 4 seasons. I used it a lot for the pitching in the grass thing you are fond of!

KLAKE

Quote from: djkimmel on February 06, 2012, 05:56:01 PM
The ultimate braided super line test was when I went to Brazil in January of 2010. Most of us were using 80 lbs. test for those brutal peacock bass. I was the only one using P-Line Spectrex IV and I was almost the only person among the 16 anglers who did not have a break off all week on a cast (many moon-shot casts with big, expensive topwaters) or a big fish (several heartbreakers for others who used another brand).

I have way less tip-top tangle and backlashes including almost never having a backlash cast break-off since I switched over to P-Line exclusively about 5 seasons ago. Not sure if I can recall even one since I switched but I can recall that it happened with other brands. PLUS, I save money!

This was why I was saying in one of the A-rig threads that braid isn't the best idea.

Trust me I've lost some Musky lures the way the guys did on your trip. It stinks.

djkimmel

Yes, but since I switched to P-Line, I don't have that problem anymore with braid. I didn't lose a single lure like that with P-Line. The guys who did were using other brands including the most popular brand. I think P-Line does a better job of not cutting itself somehow - a coating or the way it is fused or something.

I'd probably use Spectrex braid more than I do but I forget to change how I set the hook and sometimes I bend hooks out or occasionally smash the gears in some of my older spinning reels! Don't need quite the home run ball swing with the braid. I do really good under docks when I remember to just pull it with superline. Otherwise, I've been known to pull the bait out of several bass' mouths by putting too much gusto on it.

Much of the time, I just use P-Line Halo. Still more sensitive and less stretch while more forgiving than braid on smaller and lighter hooks. And very tough. I've done a lot of pitching into thick weeds with it with great success.

I am looking forward to trying the Hydrofloat for some topwater presentations. If you get the drag and hookset right, I think it could be another improvement in working lures and hooking fish on long casts. I'll find out.

rangerfan

I also use P-line, mostly the copolymer line evolution....but i see they discontinued it this year. Just wondering if you heard why? Last time at my favorite bait shop they had it all marked way down to get rid of it. 

djkimmel

From what I had heard, I didn't catch on with a lot of anglers. It may have had a name similarity to an older product from another company and possibly just not worked under that name with anglers. Perception still drives so much of what people buy and try, and don't.

I appears to me that Evolution has evolved into C21 and Voltage. I imagine they took the technology from Evolution and used it in making newer, better lines, splitting it into improved technology C21 and 'tournament grade' Voltage.

Voltage
Voltage is a tournament grade copolymer line extruded with P-Line's proprietary UV-Guard technology. By adding a UV inhibitor during the extrusion process, we've built a line that shields the sun's destructive rays ensuring a much longer life on your reel, without losing valuable breaking strength.

C21
is the latest addition to the P-Line family and is sure to raise the bar of what anglers can expect from an economically priced line. This copolymer line is made with Japanese raw materials and technology. The ultimate goal of our engineers' was to create a line that bridged the gap between two of our most popular lines, CX-Premium and CXX-Xtra Strong, while maintaining a great price point. Castability is the most important attribute for an angler, and C21 delivers with a soft construction which literally flies off the reel with virtually no memory. A copolymer line made with two types on nylon, C21 synergistically creates the ultimate line for spinning or bait casting reels, without putting a big dent in your wallet!