Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

WOW

Started by Firefighter Jeff, February 01, 2012, 12:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

I know it's been a few days since I've had a chance to check the site, but holy moly !!!  I click on show unread posts since last visit and 12 pages of them show up  !!!!  LOLOL  I finally found the post Dan had on what was going on.  At first I thought the internet terrorists had gotten through Dan's wall of defense.  :)

djkimmel

I knew there would be some culture shock for some people!?! Sorry... it is already moderating to a more reasonable level. Or should be. It will keep tapering off once catch up is over. I still have some kinks to work out.

No terrorists. I did have my first Kenyans try to get through the other day. Two of them. Sadly, they did not make it... But hey! They have computers in Kenya now!

Where you been? Missed you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Eric

I didn't find the post on what's going on in the 13 new pages.  Now I just go page by page and look for something started by a person and read that and skip the rest.  Can I get the cliff notes version of what's going on?
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Waterfoul

Cliff notes version:

Dan "invited" a bot to join GLB and "he" is still a bit of an overzealous poster.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

It is now tapering off. If the post title starts with a bracket - like [NEWS] it is a news feed update from another part of this website - say tournament news, or from another website like FLW Outdoors, Bassmaster, etc. I'm just automating what I used to do manually so that I can add more of the content I get from all the news sources.

I used to add some of these by hand so I would be the poster. I'm still the poster. I just have a process that does it for me.

I also picked up some how-to and informational articles that some of these other websites put out. I put the most generic of them in their own boards. You may find more interesting articles to read. Maybe even learn something. Who knows? Otherwise, just skip them.

Change is hard, I know... but sometimes good if you give it some time. Maybe. Maybe not. It's a big world out there and I just want to bring more of it to you! I did mark them for you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.