Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 AL & BOB'S Lake Shore Series

Started by Dashforcash, January 23, 2012, 12:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashforcash

It is unfortunate that the Board of Directors for SPI couldn't come up with an agreement it was a well ran series, I always enjoyed attending them! Due to the circumstances Never Enough Outdoors didn't feel that it is fair that Jason, Jimmy, Ken and Matt are not able to host a tournament circuit.
So with that being said Never Enough Outdoors has teamed up with all these guys to keep this series they started alive. It will be the same format and the same directors that SPI had just under different ownership.This means better payouts, some membership money in the classic funds hopefully some other incentives that tournaments like this deserve.

Please note: Never Enough Outdoors had NOTHING to do with SPI's decisions on what was going to go on in 2012, after hearing the announcement on FB of there seperation I got with the directors and told them what we could offer and how we as a team could make it possible for Jimmy, Jason , Ken and Matt to continue running these tournaments. With that being said we are happy to annouce the:

AL & BOB'S 2012 LAKE SHORE SERIES
Presented by: Never Enough Outdoors
Tourament Dates and Lakes

June 2nd Hardy dam ( Brower Park )
June 30th White Lake ( Municipal Launch)
July 21st Grand River ( 144th St. Launch)
August 11th Muskegon Lake (State Park Launch )

Classic will be a 2 day event August 18th and 19th on Hamlin Lake
Top 12 Make the Classic- No Entry for the Classic
Tournament Entry Fee- $75
Official times-7AM till 3PM
Membership Fee- $25
These are all CLOSED LAKE EVENTS

Early Draw TBA ASAP!!!
www.alandbobslss.webs.com for rules, membership forms, dates, early draw prizes and all the latest news.

Plese take the time to thank all the directors and people involved for not giving up, they are a great group of guys with a true passion for competitive bass fishing.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Dashforcash on January 23, 2012, 12:08:36 AM
It is unfortunate that the Board of Directors for SPI couldn't come up with an agreement it was a well ran series, I always enjoyed attending them! Due to the circumstances Never Enough Outdoors didn't feel that it is fair that Jason, Jimmy, Ken and Matt are not able to host a tournament circuit.
So with that being said Never Enough Outdoors has teamed up with all these guys to keep this series they started alive. It will be the same format and the same directors that SPI had just under different ownership.This means better payouts, some membership money in the classic funds hopefully some other incentives that tournaments like this deserve.

Please note: Never Enough Outdoors had NOTHING to do with SPI's decisions on what was going to go on in 2012, after hearing the announcement on FB of there seperation I got with the directors and told them what we could offer and how we as a team could make it possible for Jimmy, Jason , Ken and Matt to continue running these tournaments. With that being said we are happy to annouce the:

AL & BOB'S 2012 LAKE SHORE SERIES
Presented by: Never Enough Outdoors
Tourament Dates and Lakes

June 2nd Hardy darn ( Brower Park )
June 30th White Lake ( Municipal Launch)
July 21st Muskegon Lake ( Fisherman's Landing)
August 4th Grand River (144th St. Launch )

Classic will be a 2 day event TBA but it will be on Hamlin Lake
Top 12 Make the Classic- No Entry for the Classic
Tournament Entry Fee- $75
Official times-7AM till 3PM
Membership Fee- $25
These are all CLOSED LAKE EVENTS

Early Draw TBA ASAP!!!
Website will be live by wed. of this week with rules, membership forms, dates, early draw prizes and all the latest news.

Plese take the time to thank all the directors and people involved for not giving up, they are a great group of guys with a true passion for competitive bass fishing.

2012 is the year of the "Closed Lake" non-lakeshore "Lakeshore Series" Events!!!  If the 7 non-lakeshore "Lakeshore Series" Tournaments combined into one we'd have "The SUPER-CLOSED Non-Lakeshore LAKESHORE SERIES".......

Diversity is a dirty word around here seeing as no one dares to fish any other fisheries other than the old sub-par overpressured staples of Muskegon, White, Grand, Hardy, Cadillac/Mitchell, & Hamlin.  Why is everyone so scared of Lake Macatawa?  It has the best launch & tournament friendly setup with the potential to yield way bigger bags than all of the forementioned fisheries with the exception of maybe White during June. 

Even though the schedule is somewhat disappointing this will be a well ran & executed tournament series.  The 2-Day Classic definitely makes it a lot more interesting - that is something that has been lacking around here for awhile so that is cool to see.  Personal opinion & sarcasm aside the one thing I do know for sure is that the "2012 AL & BOB'S LAKESHORE SERIES" is an upgrade from its previous years in everyway.  The AL & BOB'S Early Draw should be cool especially for those with some money burn - it could turn out to be a Bassers Black Friday Sale of sorts......
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

Hamlin?   Guess it's the only way you can get guys to fish that lake is to MAKE them fish it for a classic event.  The lake gets little to no draw if you make it a regularly scheduled lake.  4 boats last year for this series.  Many, many better lakes to fish up that way.

But, if we make the classic... we'll be there.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dominater

Would you consider changing the date (July 21) for the tournament on the Grand, given the conflict with BBT? 

ROI Outdoors

Northern Open also falls on the weekend of the 21st.........
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Waterfoul

Sounds like the fellas might want to re-think some of their dates.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Dan

Better lakes up that way than Hamlin? Which one? You're probably thinking Manistee after your late Fall pig bananza, but during the summer it's a lot different.
I know Hamlin hasn't been giving up many good fish in the last couple years, but it's still a fun lake to fish. You always catch em there.
Don't know where, or what happened to the big fish. I know a few years back I had one of my biggest largemouth in a tournament there at 5-14.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Dashforcash

Quote from: dominater on January 23, 2012, 07:06:21 PM
Would you consider changing the date (July 21) for the tournament on the Grand, given the conflict with BBT? 

I was just made aware of the tournament BBT is hosting Muskegon lake on the 21st this afternoon. If you look at BBT's schedule it says the Grand River and then you pull up the entry form and it says Muskegon Lake. We will be on the Grand River on the 21st, I called and made Russ aware of there typo on there schedule. I don't see us changing any of our dates at this point. We are trying are best to make everyone happy and not over lap with other tournaments but it is just NOT possible due to MI's seasons restrictions. Please bear with us were doing are best we can do so late in the game.

fasttrack

At what point do you intend to announce Classic dates? Before the early draw or later on? My August is basically full. If we fish these and qualify, but then can't fish the Classic, I'd be pretty ticked. Please reply
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

BassMastaJ

Classic dates will be announced well before the early draw.

Waterfoul

Actually Dan... I was kind of thinking Portage.  If it's going to be a two day event... I'd like them to consider fishing two different lakes.  I think that would be fun.   ;D

Dashforcash

AL & BOB'S LAKESHORE SERIES HAS GONE LIVE :) :)
We are still working on it but you can at least view the rules and keep up on all the tournament updates.

www.alandbobslss.webs.com

dominater

Quote from: Dashforcash on January 24, 2012, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: dominater on January 23, 2012, 07:06:21 PM

I was just made aware of the tournament BBT is hosting Muskegon lake on the 21st this afternoon. If you look at BBT's schedule it says the Grand River and then you pull up the entry form and it says Muskegon Lake. We will be on the Grand River on the 21st, I called and made Russ aware of there typo on there schedule. I don't see us changing any of our dates at this point. We are trying are best to make everyone happy and not over lap with other tournaments but it is just NOT possible due to MI's seasons restrictions. Please bear with us were doing are best we can do so late in the game.

Thanks for following up.  I think overlapping tournaments are inevitable but you hope they don't fall on the same body of water. Glad to hear BBT is on Muskegon that day.

Dashforcash

Due to some minor conflicts of schedules and out of respect me made some changes to the schedule, Gun Lake will know take the place of Muskegon Lake. Gun Lake will be the 11th of August OUT THE STATE PARK!!!!! NOT ALLEGAN COUNTY PARK. We have also announced the Classic Dates. Hope to see every one on the water this year. Check out www.alandbobslss.webs.com for all other news and announcements.

Waterfoul

You know the state park doesn't open till 8:00 am, right?

BassMastaJ

Way ahead of you Mike. Gate will be open at 5am day of the tournament!

Waterfoul

customfishn

So is the Early entry been done yet?  If not do you have to early entry to fish or can I just fish 1 or 2 of the events?  And if your going North for your Classic why not go to the best smallie waters in michigan and go to Torch or Burt?

edyer

Brandon already has talked to the park director about getting in earlier.

Dashforcash

Quote from: customfishn on January 31, 2012, 07:08:58 PM
So is the Early entry been done yet?  If not do you have to early entry to fish or can I just fish 1 or 2 of the events?  And if your going North for your Classic why not go to the best smallie waters in michigan and go to Torch or Burt?

We haven't done the early draw yet we are looking into what day we want to host it at Al and Bob's, the only thing you will have to do at the early draw is pay your membership and that will get you your take off #s for the year and entered in for some cool door prizes. You pay your entry at every event not for the season. The reason we are not going that far north this year is because we want to make it convenient as possible with Hamlin Lake being the size it is and the accommodation's it offers it just work out. We are looking for bigger and better things in the future but for know we are playing it safe.