Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 Grand River Opens

Started by Esox lucius, January 18, 2012, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

32eml24

If the weather stabilizes this week (looks like it will) that fall feeding switch is g onna be flipped right back on. I bet it takes over 14 next weekend.

Braidman

It's been the Ethan , Tristin show the last few weeks, you guys are hammering pretty good right now....

32eml24

I'm sure he will be the guy to beat on a reg. Basis since he lives on the system... you guys got this next one and you know it! If you won every one nobody would come out so you gotta take it easy on us! Lets have one on the zoo next year...

Braidman

The weather looks like it's going to be awesome Sunday, let's go ahead and schedule the tournament now for Sunday.

Sunday-10/21/12
7:30am-2:00pm
See you there!

professionalrookie

Hey this is Tristen. If the tournament happens Sunday, Im still open. If you would like a Partner, call me at 616-402-2590. thanks guys

32eml24

If anyone remembers, what was the water temp last weekend?  My fishfinder is broken.  Thanks,
Ethan

Braidman

Results 10/21/12

7-Boats

1st- Jimmy/Kevin.............11.55lbs. We got lucky, Tristen's fish moved.
2nd- Brian/Kurt................8.21lbs.

BB- Gary/Scott................3.72lbs.

Great weather for fishing!
We will watch the weather for next Sunday and make the call Friday morning.

32eml24

Awesome bag with a tough bite!

Braidman

Guys,
Do we have any takers for this Sunday?
I know of a couple of boats that will show for sure, how about the rest of you? It's going to be chilly, but no rain is in the forcast.

32eml24

I think I'm a given but just to confirm i can be there. Maybe we could start once the sun comes up to stay a little warmer

32eml24

Heading out there right now going to try to find some wintering fish in the buy used even as much as I hate to fish them

Braidman

Wow! Ethan your are really expanding your fishing going into those "dadgum" Bye-Ewes.

32eml24

Yeah! Shoulda seen me in there wackin 'em!! Got sick of catching bass smaller than some of the jerkbaits I own.  Thats BAYOUS.  That aside, the Grand fished the best it ever has for me tonight.  If anyone is on the bubble... I'm sure it will change with low overnight temperatures but I am being honest when I say I caught about 30 keepers tonight with the best five going around 14 again.  Ran into one other angler who reported similar success.  Not a regular with us so I invited him for Sunday but I'm not expecting him.  Attached are pictures of my bayou bass, then 2 of the biggest bass I've ever pulled out of the Grand.  It was hot tonight!!

Esox lucius

Nice report!  I don't think they will move much before Sunday, all that water is going to take a while to cool down.  I'm guessing the temp is still 53ish in the river?

32eml24

That's true. I have to get my fishfinder workin... ducer cracked off. That moving water won't get as jacked up by the cold front that's wht i like it!! If spring is cleared up there could be a big bag from there.

Esox lucius

We are going to fish Sunday.  7:30 - 2.  Dress warm, should be a good day for fishing.  We have 3 confirmed boats at least.  Dustin, you got your new rig?  Hope to see you out there!

BassDaggett

Got the new rig but just back from a business trip to Ireland.  Swapped trolling motors with a guy from TN on the way back from picking up the boat and need to mount it.  I hope to make it.

djd

Braidman

Results 10/28/12
6 Boats

1st- Brian/Josh..............11.61lbs. Nice looking bag of fish guys.

BB- Brian/Josh...............3.19lbs. Congrats on a money sweep!

A good bite today for most boats some really nice bags were weighed in
today.

Awesome rig Dustin!

We will watch the weather this week and make a call Friday for next Sunday.

Braidman

Highlights of the 2012 scheduled 12 event season

Most boats for one event - 22 (current record)

Average number of boats per event -14.8 Wow! Thanks everyone.

Monster Bag of the year - 16.94lbs. Arin fishing solo.

Big Bass of the year - 6.13lbs. Hawgzilla caught by Dustin.

The only two time winner this season - Brian, nice job man!