Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:28:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 Grand River Opens

Started by Esox lucius, January 18, 2012, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braidman

Results 10/07/12

Fish Are Still Biting!

4-Boats

1st- Ken / Tristin................14.61lbs.  WOW! Another 14lb. Bag Two Weeks In A Row.

BB- Ken / Tristin.................3.98lbs    You Guys Won It All. Great Job.

We Will Watch The Weather This Week And If Next Sunday Looks Good We Will Do Another Tournament Sunday.  Will Let Everyone Know By Posting A Yes Or No Friday.

32eml24

Good job guys that was a killer bag.  Blows my mind how much these fish move around but it sure is fun fishing this time of year!  Next sunday cant come soon enough...

professionalrookie

sucks that its not part of the standings. i was really hoping for that trophy for my wall. haha. i had a blast. thanks ken for taking me, i really appreciate that. hope to have one next Sunday.

Braidman

That was really nice of you Ken to give Tristin a ride yesterday, your good deed definitely didn't go undone, great job by both of you. I think we will be seeing a lot more of the kid (Tristin), next season. It's pretty awesome to see a 16yr. old out there fishing hard and being serious about competing with all of us and whipping us most of the time too. Tristin doesn't need a summer job, he can just take our money every week, easier than working.........

32eml24

Tristin how do you know all these spots and shortcuts? Grow up on the river or something? Awesome bag I'm sure you will have a plaque on your wall next year if you keep it up. See ya sunday!

Crankinsmallies

jgip087

If there is a tournament on Sunday and anyone needs a partner please let me know.  I fish the St. Joe River and Black River often in the fall and would love to try the Grand.  I keep my boat in Southwest Michigan so I do not have access to it up here.  Thanks.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

professionalrookie

yeah. i live on Pottawatomie bayou and i fish almost everyday. just have to out and explore. not getting lost. haha.  most places you cant get to with the river being so low. i will definitely be there next year and if we travel to places other than the grand i would need a ride with someone. this year was a blast. thanks guys.

kgr624

Picking up the Free agent at the launch was a GREAT move!!! Had a blast. Nice to fish with a "river rat" so that I don't have to guess on where to fish :) been doing that for to long on that place!!  My best day on the river ever!!!!  Can't wait to get out there again!!! Thanks a lot guys. Prolly be donating those winnings back I am sure. :)

Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

professionalrookie

im guessing that's you Ken? thanks for taking me. hopefully you wont donate back. what kind of boat do you have? a nitro what? z7?  smooth ride and looks great

32eml24

Awesome. I'm sure nobody will have a problem giving you a ride. Nice bag again see you guys sunday!

Braidman

If Saturday looks like the better day weather wise this weekend, do any of you guys have a problem if we have the tournament on Saturday?

Braidman

Guys,
We are going to go ahead  and schedule the tournament now for this Sunday so you guys can plan your weekend.

Sunday- 10/14/12                             Lets start around 7:15am

Redbone

I am going to see if I can get a kitchen pass to fish on Sunday.  If I do, I will be there!

BassDaggett

I am so jonesing to fish the Grand this weekend.  1.5 weeks without a boat and its driving me crazy!!!  Leave tomorrow night for Alabama to pick up my new (to me) ride.  Hope to get it on the Grand before the ice comes.

djd

32eml24

gonna be a wet one dangit... how is THAT gonna affect 'em?

Braidman

Somebody will find them, probably Tristin.

32eml24

Well I'd certainly hope so!  Prefished for an hour today before I decided I better get off before I got hypothermia and managed one keeper and one sucker... never actually caught one of those before.  Nasty lookin fish.  Undecided if fishing tm a.m... when I got back to my truck I had to grab the key with both hands and focus really hard to start it!  The river was even lower than it has been.  There is a new log in Indian Channel toward the end before you round the corner, on the left side that is barely visible above water and is huge under water so everybody please be careful if you're running through there.  That whole thing is getting really skinny.  Let's hope for a mostly dry day!

professionalrookie

Hey this is tristen. Im looking for another partner tomorrow. anyone out there riding solo and wants a ride ill be at the launch again. anyone can quote back tonight or call me at 6164022590. thanks guys. hope the weather holds up

Braidman

Results 10/14/12
4-Boats

1st- Ethan...................11.85lbs. Great job Ethan! That's two wins in three weeks.
BB- Tristan/Nick.............3.68lbs. Nice fish guys, you almost won it all (11.75lbs.).

For you guys that didn't show today, you missed great weather (warm rain) and a good bite. Everyone weighed a limit today.

We'll watch the weather this week and post a yes or no for next Sunday on Friday.