Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Boat insurance

Started by red68prostreet, January 13, 2012, 11:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red68prostreet

Stopped by the GLB booth last night and met Dan Kimmel. Let him know that after researching boat insurance I settled on Worldwide Marine. Bob Luellen was fantastic to deal with. He really understands what is needed on a boat. He offered me a great package at a very reasonable price. I can't believe that for so many yrs I had incomplete coverage thru my hoeowners policy. I have never had a claim and moving forward I hope I never do but i now have peace of mind knowing I'm covered.

Big dreams

I surely need to do something.  I am in the process of buying a new home and with the vehicle accident a couple of years go, the boat claim is driving up my home owners $300 a year!  Bad time to switch as I don't want to deal with it as there is so much stuff going on right now.  On the other hand, that is a ton of cash!

1javelin

I had State Farm and when my engine blew up, they refused to cover it saying it was normal wear, but they covered the repair cost of the skeg for hitting the log that blew it up!! So I switched to Worldwide. Had to talk to Bob last year, as I took my boat in to find out what was wrong with my engine, only to find out that when Tim and I got hit by lightning :o on the water that it fried all the electrical in the motor.  They sent an adjuster the next day, and had the repairs going in no time.  I would recommend Bob to ANYONE looking for insurance.  Period.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Waterfoul

If you tournament fish you really should look into Boat US insurance.  They have a GREAT policy for anglers that covers everything from blown motor repair to entry fees should you not be able to complete the event.  Like many of you I had my boat on my homeowners policy, and when I blew my motor last year during a tournament they would not cover ANY of my loss.  Not a dime.

Check Boat US... they do NOTHING but boat insurance and they know their stuff.

I know Bob Luellen, great guy and he does offer some decent policies.. but I don't believe they offer the tournament coverage that Boat US does.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Big dreams

I have not heard of Boat US before.  Where are they out of?  That is handy that they deal with tournament fees and what not.  I appreciate the info.

djkimmel

Bob will get you a better deal than Boat US. You have to call him to find out. 1-800-339-1235 / 517-627-8080

Bob Luellen helped design some of the best known marine insurance programs out there, has fished tournaments (bass and walleye) and works with a large number of insurance companies to get you the best coverage at the best rate for your personal situation. How does he do this? He asks you about what an underwriter should ask you because he knows what he is doing for our kind of boating! All Bob does is marine insurance. He knows what all the marine insurance policies cover and don't cover. That's who I would get my marine insurance from. I was so happy when Bob asked to be a part of GreatLakesBass.com because he is the best in the entire business.

Boat US has a depreciation built into their policy for older boats that cuts your benefit by 10% every year older than 5. 8 year old boat means 30% reduction in your benefit.

They also have a $5,000 limit on fishing gear - that's the highest you can get. If that includes graphs/gps, many of us nowadays would not get all our gear replaced in a catastrophic loss. I wouldn't be interested in getting a $200 entry back if I had a major loss. I'd be interested in getting my boat, motor and gear fixed/replaced the way I thought it was going to get fixed!

That's what Bob will make sure you are covered for. Personally. I do like the separate Boat US unlimited towing package for the Great Lakes, but I would still check with Bob at Worldwide Marine towing coverage first to see if he can beat. They are pretty good at beating prices at Worldwide Marine Underwriters! As far as an actual real insurance policy to protect the boat, motor, trailer and all your gear, Bob will make sure you get the best coverage at the best price for your individual situation. Period.

If you do have a quote from someone else that seems to provide the coverage you need at the best price, Bob will tell you that honestly. He's been in the business a long time and his reputation for integrity is very important to him.

If you work with Bob for your marine insurance, he will make sure you don't have any unpleasant surprises if and when you ever actually need to use your insurance. I've talked to way too many fellow boaters over the year who haven't found out until it was unpleasant that they weren't covered the way they thought they way. None of these boaters went through Bob. Bob and the nice people at Worldwide Marine will tell you if they can't find the best coverage for your personal situation. Please, please do yourself a favor and make sure you are really covered the way you think you are BEFORE you need it. Confirm that by talking to someone with Bob's industry-leading expertise before getting it from someone else or assuming. It is a big favor you can do yourself!

Many policies have limits that won't cover all your gear on and in your boat. Some policies won't cover you on the Great Lakes - they consider that coastal waters. Some policies won't cover you if you are in a tournament or being paid to guide (commercial). Don't find out the hard way! Call Bob! 1-800-339-1235

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

With the depreciation statement, it doesn't sound worth while unless you have a brand new boat.  Mine is 11 years old, that means 60% depreciation?  I've got more coverage than that through my insurance company.  I don't particularly like my insurance company, and would like to go elsewhere.  But, I can't pay someone to insure me, and in the event of a claim, tell me my boat is worthless.  I have already gotten the run around from my insurance company when my Nitro got hit by that Blazer. ???

djkimmel

When you get a chance, call Bob. Most of the people who actually call him are very happy they did so. I've known Bob throughout the boating industry for so long I'm not sure when I actually first met him. I know it was when he was selling bass boats for a marine dealer when the Ranger 361 came out with the first full, front raised deck - sometime in the early to mid-80's. He was the best, most honest salesman I'd ever met. Still is.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.