Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass fishing Jan. 7 2012

Started by irish08, January 07, 2012, 06:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish08

A buddy of mine talked me in to taking the boat out today so we headed to a small lake in Northern IN. Wow am I glad he talked me into it! We fished from 9 to 1 and landed 51 bass. Most of them were small 12 to 13 inchers but we did manage to catch a 5.5 lber and one just over 3 lbs. It was crazy we caught most of them without moving the boat and caught them on everything we threw. Dropshot, blade baits, swimbaits, and erie darters. What a  crazy winter!

Mike S.

Ummmmm....you forgot something.  Pictures?  I am extremely jealous. Hello? Michigan? People want to bass fish when there's no ice.......in January.

Skulley

Quote from: mikeszr800 on January 07, 2012, 06:55:21 PM
Ummmmm....you forgot something.  Pictures?  I am extremely jealous. Hello? Michigan? People want to bass fish when there's no ice.......in January.

Yeah, I'm with Mike.  You can't tell me you went out and caught 51 bass on January 7, 2012 in Northern Indiana and then not post any pictures and expect me to believe it..........it's January for crying out loud.............in the northern United States...................sheeeeesh..................JANUARY.................  It's not tournament time so who cares.  Show me the fish!!!

BD                                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

You guys have cabin fever really bad. He was probably having too much fun catching bass to stop fishing and take pictures!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on January 08, 2012, 02:55:04 AM
You guys have cabin fever really bad. He was probably having too much fun catching bass to stop fishing and take pictures!

And that didn't take long.............the cabin fever setting in and it really being bad.    :o    Should that surprise you.  All I want is to see what a bass looks like in January.  I have never seen one before.  I always wonder if they look the same or have a hat and gloves on.

BD                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

irish08

Ok here's your pixs!

5.5lbs.

3.olbs

Mike S.

SWEEEEEET!!!!  That's what I'm talking about!  Nice fish. I am so jealous.

Irish21080

Here are a few more pics of the bigger largemouth!! What a blast!

Jay-MadWags

Looks like you guys had a great time!  Nice fish!
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

There now! Do you feel better... or worse?!? ;D

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on January 08, 2012, 11:31:57 PM
There now! Do you feel better... or worse?!? ;D

Thanks for posting the pics!!

Jealous, I think is how I feel.  But a good jealous.  Those are some nice winter fatties.  I am glad someone around here is having fun.  So that's what bass look like in January.

BD.                               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

We had our first club meeting this last Sunday and instead of watching the sleds zip up and down the lake - we were all looking at the skim of ice and thinking about making a cast. Jealous!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Manxfishing

Well

For you that can't read
The Bass season closed Dec 31 2011
C&R opens the last sat in April this year.

LAPORTE

Quote from: Manxfishing on January 10, 2012, 06:01:46 AM
Well

For you that can't read

I'm thinking those fish were not from this state they were out of town fish ... Just a little south of us..
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Irish21080

Quote from: Manxfishing on January 10, 2012, 06:01:46 AM
Well

For you that can't read

Looks like you are the one who is having trouble reading....the fish were caught in Northern Indiana.

Mike S.

Open mouth........insert foot.  :o

Waterfoul

Newton Lake.... we need to get down to Newton Lake!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TCook

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 10, 2012, 11:19:45 AM

Oh its going to happen
FISH HARD!!!

LGMOUTH

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 10, 2012, 11:19:45 AM

Im going sometime in Feb.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Manxfishing

Quote from: mikeszr800 on January 10, 2012, 10:48:25 AM
Open mouth........insert foot.  :o

Yea,
I missed the In part
It's been so warm and the lakes are clear
I thought for sure someone was out there