Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Don't miss 2012 opener of Zona's Awesome Fishing Show! BIG Michigan Smallies!

Started by djkimmel, December 29, 2011, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: mikeszr800 on January 01, 2012, 07:24:12 AM
The new show was awesome. I have to say, Zona has my favorite fishing show, hands down. I liked "The World's Greatest Fishing Show". But, the new one just blows it away.

Wasn't that awesome when that smallie attacked the camera man?  Good stuff.

James really too one for the team in their attempt to get some great video! That camera guys are always the unsung heroes! Often, they don't even get to fish! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

Quote from: djkimmel on January 01, 2012, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: mikeszr800 on January 01, 2012, 07:24:12 AM
The new show was awesome. I have to say, Zona has my favorite fishing show, hands down. I liked "The World's Greatest Fishing Show". But, the new one just blows it away.

Wasn't that awesome when that smallie attacked the camera man?  Good stuff.

James really too one for the team in their attempt to get some great video! That camera guys are always the unsung heroes! Often, they don't even get to fish! ;D

Camera ops for that show might not get to fish but I'm sure they get paid. So do the editors. That is an option if that's what you want. It's easy to send an invoice and leave the rods at home.  ::)

djkimmel

Send me an invoice... and it will sit in the 'In' bin for a while. Quite a while... maybe next time I'll let you fish! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Anyone see this weeks show w/ Davey Hite?  I have been wanting to go to the King Fisher for quite some time.  Now I want to go even more.

djkimmel

I've added it to my todo list too!!! I felt skinny looking at those bass!!! ;D

TCook

Im sorry I just dont see the fun in that place. I mean feeders give me a break, dont get me wrong I like brainless fishing once in awhile but that is rediculous.

Hook and Look was the show to watch this week great footage of LM relating to pontoons really gave you some insight and really showed why they are bass magnets.
FISH HARD!!!

bigjc

Quote from: TCook on January 08, 2012, 07:31:41 PM
Im sorry I just dont see the fun in that place.

Really??  Beautiful scenery; Incredible fishing; Skeet and trap to keep you busy while not on the water...IF you cannot see the fun in that place, you had better check your pulse.  Sounds like a vacation to me!!!

bigjc

Quote from: TCook on January 08, 2012, 07:31:41 PM
Hook and Look was the show to watch this week great footage of LM relating to pontoons really gave you some insight and really showed why they are bass magnets.

Now that I can agree with.  That was probably the best episode of H/L that I have seen.

Mike S.

That is a rich man's vacation. I got on their website last night. It is $500 a night for up to 6 people. It is also $600 a day per person to fish. That is, if you have a group of 4 or more. They also had pricing for everything else, but I was only interested in the fishing. But, unless you are of Mark Zona fame, you can't start fishing until 8:30 am. That is after the feeders shut off.

I don't know if it would really be worth that kind of money. It would be awesome to catch fish like those, one after another. Not a real challenge, though. Almost seems like shooting an enormous buck that is in a pen. Not really a trophy by my standards.

Nonetheless, that is a beautiful lake. The fish are definitely chunkers. Can we get a couple thousand of those for Muskegon Lake...........Please?

djkimmel

I'm sure it would be fun to whack a bunch of bass like that once anyway. Maybe geared towards people who don't get to fish often and want to make sure they catch a bunch of nice fish practically guaranteed? I'd go for one day if I had the money. Maybe two days! ;D But my list of places I need to fish is already sooooo long. Just in Michigan! We are lucky to live in a place like this!

I wonder if next week will be another Michigan smallmouth show, or something else? I'm sure we'll see something about it very soon on Zona's Awesome Fishing Show - Facebook.

REEL_MAN

Saw both shows a couple of times this weekend and they were great!!!!! I like Hook and Look better because Kim spent the time to show the skipping method and show the bass under the pontoons and how they react. He didn't just show catching fish like Mark. Mark is just fun to watch, But as to the previous posted pricing how many of us could afford to a private lake like King Fisher (but it would be fun). We can all go dock skipping.
I look forward to this weeks shows and hope all of you can see them.

djkimmel

Dave T.

Love Mark's show... love where he fishes... and I LOVE those smallies he catches!