Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers

Started by Mojo, December 27, 2011, 08:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

"My diabolical plan is taking shape" !!!!!  Our Detroit Lions are now, with 1 game remaining, the 5th seed. It took them going on a 3 game streak to get this far, AND no one expected that. That is Step 1.

Regardless they are 1 game up on Atlanta, and just need to beat Green Bay to secure it, with no outside interference that changes this. I think Detroit will win Sunday because GB is VERY banged up and Do Not Need to even play this game. After what happened to Adrian Petersen, and Detroits aggressive defense, AND the payback coming, I see GB laying down. This gives Detroit a game against the crippled Cowboys or weakened NYG. These are the two weakest teams at the dance so I'm not even stretching it to say they win a playoff game. That is Step 2.

From there it all depends on Atlanta. Not many teams lose 3 times in one season to 1 team in the NFL. I still think Atlanta can return the favor to NO, but I just don't know. It would be a real stretch to say this, but IF that happened, Detroit gets sent to SF to repay their last game. They win. That is Step 3- a stretch. But this is my diabolical 3 step devious plan to get the Detroit Lions to the NFC championship this year.  

Let's have fun with this guys cause it hasn't happened in my lifetime (an actual chance to advance).

Maybe this guy is good luck?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bigjc

Nicely conceived!  Sunday is not all that much of a stretch...G B should be playing a bunch of back benchers, cause they cannot afford to go into the post season w/ any more injuries.  That gives us a real strong chance at a win on Sunday.

A win on Sun. gives us a ton of momentum going into Game 1, and either of those teams are beatable.

Game two on the other hand...that will take some work.

I have not lost hope yet, but to get to the championship, the Lions will have to do something they have not done all year...play without "big" mistakes.

GO LIONS!!!

Skulley

As usual, the membership on this site is putting "the cart before the horse".  In other words, you're looking past Sunday's game against Green Bay and not even playing the Green Bay game or interestingly so, giving the Lions the "W" before the game is even played.  Let's take a step back to Sunday's game.  Yes, Green Bay is "banged up" pretty good, perhaps more than they have been in years.  But that team knows how to win no matter how much adversity hits them in the face.  This will be no lay down game.  Green Bay is coming to win because they want momentum going into the playoffs too.  Players coming off Green Bay's bench can start almost anywhere else in the NFL.  

So once again sports fans, another big game for the Detroit Lions.  Another "must win".  The best game the Lions have played most recently was against the Chargers last week.  A best game scenario because they didn't commit the stupid penalties that they committed in previous games.  It was a miracle that the Lions won the games that they did to get a 10 and 5 record going into this week.  Very few experts gave the Lions this much chance.  Most predicted a 8 and 8 or 9 and 7 finish.  But the Lions surprisingly rose above all the "neigh sayers", myself included, and won when they needed to.  This could very well be the beginning of a team that actually knows what it takes to win on any given Sunday, much like the Packers, Ravens, and Patriots, just to name a few of the powerhouse football teams that have won when they needed to in years past.  

Even though the Lions are in the Playoffs, they will not win tomorrow.  Green Bay has been here before.  I don't think the Packer staff is going to let the Lions win the last game of the regular season 2 years in a row.  I will be watching tomorrow from the comfort of my living room hoping that the Lions can pull it off.  If the Lions do pull it off, then they are much better than any of us really thought they were.  Us being even the ones that thought they would do what they did so far this season and I would even go out on a limb to say they actually have a shot to get to the Super Bowl...................a long shot..............but a shot.  But they will have to play perfect football and I am not that confident that they can.  They are still a young team...........contender.............and look to have a bright future in the years to come.  For all of you that may think this game does not matter for whatever reason you have to think that.  You're wrong.  It does matter.  It matters a lot.  If anything to prove that the Lions deserve to be there.  However, I don't think they will overcome the inconsistencies or silly penalties that they have and will commit.  If they can play over those, then victory is eminent.  

My prediction for this week is:

Green Bay Packers:  24             Detroit Lions:  13

Even though my prediction is a loss for the Lions, I want them to win this Sunday more than I have wanted it all season.  But the reality is they can't play with a big time team like the Green Bay Packers.  So Thanksgiving Day will repeat itself just 6 weeks later.

Oh yeah, before I forget, if Mojo dressed up like the Detroit Lions Gene Simmons is good luck, I hope he is flying up to Green Bay to make his presence known to the fans at Lambeau Field.  It will take much more than that to win Sunday. 

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Quote from: Mojo on December 27, 2011, 08:42:45 PM

(an actual chance to advance).

Maybe this guy is good luck?

wonder if this is him a few years ago.   just glad they are winning so the home games will be on TV.

djkimmel

BD, you are spreading that negative mojo (the other kind, not our Mojo) again!!! I predicted 11-5 in the poll at the very beginning of the year and I'm sticking to it!!! Detroit Rock City is going to bring the Lion hammer down on the cheese packers! Right Mojo! (our Mojo).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

No dartag........the guy with the paper bag over his head is me.  I am glad you are the one with the 11 and 5 prediction DK however realistically they are playing on the "frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" tomorrow.  Green Bay has the home field advantage and they don't usually lose at home except on very rare occasion.  The last time they lost at Lambeau was against the Lions last year.  I don't think history is going to repeat itself tomorrow although I hope I am wrong......very wrong.  I have been wrong a lot this year concerning the Lions, so the odds are that this time I could be right.........or not.  I hope you're right DK........I hope you're right.

Remember Green Bay Packers 24    Detroit Lions  13.  

BD                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I think heads will hang low in green bay after tomorrow!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

Well, the officials sealed the win for Green Bay today. I don't think we will see that crew in the playoffs.  ;D

rangerfan

They need to draft a whole new secondary....if delmas is back next week it has to help.

Mojo

Quote from: rangerfan on January 01, 2012, 06:33:28 PM
They need to draft a whole new secondary....if delmas is back next week it has to help.

The last two quotes are accurate. OMG. The fumble that wasnt one, the touchdown not called was 4 points lost, the taunting that wasnt, to name a few.

The Calvin drop and missed field goal next play however didnt help. Theres another 7 points missed. Theres your victory taken away.

But the absolute biggest BS of all was the Defense allowing 450 yds passing and 45 points by a second string team !!! Matt Stafford puts up 41 points, and by any means that should be enough on the road - thats incredibly hard to do. And the Defense layed an egg.

Skulley

Good teams find a way to win no matter what.  Green Bay is a good team.  They found a way to win.  That's the bottom line.  Bad calls by the officials, good calls by the officials don't matter.  That's just excuses for a team that couldn't stop Green Bay when they absolutely had too.  I said in my earlier post that Green Bay's second team could start in almost any other NFL city.  It wasn't the officials as much as it was typical Detroit Lions football............committing penalties that shouldn't have been committed.  Stupid penalties I might add.  That is the sign of a young and inexperienced team.  That my friends is the Detroit Lions.  The Lions had no victory taken from them.  They lost that game on their own.  No one lost it for them.  The Lions lost the game..........no one else.  The Lions weren't the only team on that field that allowed a lot of yardage.  Green Bay allowed just as much.  Either team could have come out on top.  The more experienced playoff team and contender did what it took to win.  That my friends is why the Green Bay Packers could repeat as Super Bowl Champs.  

So next week in New Orleans, look for the Saints to put another beating on the Lions the way they did a few weeks ago.  The Lions had their own destiny in the palm of their hands and couldn't put away the Packers.  They certainly aren't going to put the Saints away.  The Saints have been playing good mistake free football.  They should easily handle the Lions next week.  So the stage is set for the Lions next Saturday night at 8pm in New Orleans on NBC.  The Lions are going to need all the luck they can muster next Saturday if they are going to beat New Orleans at the Super Dome.  Frankly, I don't think that's happening.

The Lions had a great season.  They made the playoffs for the first time since 1999.  No expert thought they would go 10 and 6.  They far exceeded any expectations that I had for them.  Not only surpassing my 8 and 8 predictions, but they made the playoffs.   :o    :o    :o   Big surprise.....no doubt.

BD                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

All that I am going to say is....there is no shame in loosing the kind of game that the lions played today!

Further, we actually looked like a playoff team.

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on January 02, 2012, 02:47:48 AM
All that I am going to say is....there is no shame in loosing the kind of game that the lions played today!

Further, we actually looked like a playoff team.

You call that performance "looking like a playoff team"??  You're way too kind to the Detroit Lions............and I think you're stretching it.  There was plenty of time to win except when you throw the ball into a crowd for an interception to pretty much ice it yourself for your opponent.  That whole last quarter was a shoot out.  They had every opportunity to put Green Bay away.  They should be ashamed for losing that one going into New Orleans next week .  Playoff teams don't commit stupid penalties and throw the ball away.  They play like they did and New Orleans will embarrass them............again.

Other than the Green Bay game at Green Bay, I am pretty happy with the way the Lions ended up during the regular season.  As I said before, they far exceeded any expectation I had for them.  Remember I was the pessimist when I said 8 and 8 and no playoff.  Well they were 10 and 6, made the playoffs and I am very happy that the Lions made that much progress so quickly.  Don't expect a lot out of them in the 2012 playoffs.  New Orleans is playing really good football and should easily handle the Lions.

BD                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

Lets see what they do in the Big Easy, great teams play up to the challenge.  Not saying they are a great team just yet.

djkimmel

I predicted 11-5. Look how close they came! Now I'm predicting they shock the brees!

t-bone

The most bizarre thing is that the GB quarterback will go down in the record books as having the best game ever played by a GB QB and he will have only played 1 game as a packer...
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

KLAKE

Quote from: t-bone on January 03, 2012, 08:03:47 AM
The most bizarre thing is that the GB quarterback will go down in the record books as having the best game ever played by a GB QB and he will have only played 1 game as a packer...

Actually, he had a pretty darn good game earlier when Rodgers was out with a concussion.

Skulley

Remember also that Flynn won a National Championship his Senior year at LSU. 

BD                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

detroit1

Bring on the Saints! The Lions have payback on their mind. They will need a performance like they had against the Chargers, but it can be done. How cool would it be to be the first team this year to beat the saints in their house? To show you how nuts i am, i think it just might be between the Lions and the Giants in the nfc title game. If it isn't...you didn't hear it from me. See ya thursday at the fishing show!!
WAVE THERAPY

Mojo

>:(

My hide is still stinging from Sunday ......... UA wheres the mustard.........