Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Small group going to Monroe

Started by Mojo, November 22, 2011, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

There are a few boats not yet wrapped and we look to hit the Pond for one last fish. Lets use this thread to gather all the boats and back boaters. This Sunday 27th, 7:45 am at the ramp. Here is the group to date:

Mighty Frank   and      Mojo
MikeSmiph      and      Friend
Manxfish         and      Friend
MarkGoetsch    and     Bronzeback67
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Manxfishing

If there's a open back seat I'd be in

My trolling motor batt's are dead
And I'd like to buy fresh ones in the spring

As a plus I know the hot pond well
And I'll be happy to hook up the boater with the perfect bait and rig

mikesmiph

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Mojo on November 22, 2011, 07:20:30 PM
There are a few boats not yet wrapped and we look to hit the Pond for one last fish. Lets use this thread to gather all the boats and back boaters. PM if you are interested. Date is Sunday the 27th out of Bolles Harbor 8 am.

Wow  Those are some pigs  !!!!

YpsiBass

I'm unfamiliar with the Hot Pond.  Where is it?  If it's in the Detroit metro area, I'd like to hitch a ride in the back of someone's boat.

markgoetsch

Its in monroe bolles is off of exit 11 on 75.  Put me down as a maybe it depends on several things.

dartag

is there access to shore fish.   I have always wanted to go and get some photos or the eagles that hang around there and maybe shore fish.

Manxfishing

Quote from: dartag on November 23, 2011, 12:37:59 PM
is there access to shore fish.   I have always wanted to go and get some photos or the eagles that hang around there and maybe shore fish.

There's shore fishing
There's 2 or 3 public docks, Access would be from Front street

Goggle the Monroe power plant
The "Hot pond" looks like a river on the south side of the plant
it dead ends at Front street

Waterfoul

I was under the impression the "hot ponds" were actually a section of the Raisin River?  Sure looks like it on the map.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

BRONZEBACK67

Hi folks. MoJo just called and asked me to come along with the group. Unfortunately my boat is in the shop. I would love to head out though and if someone has a back seat open I will take care of the gas.

Joe

Waterfoul

So if I drag my boat from Grand Rapids you'd cover the gas?  LOL!!   ;D

Just kidding... got a wheel bearing starting to growl on the Tahoe... need to fix that before I take any trips longer than to the grocery store.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Durand Dan

Quote from: Manxfishing on November 23, 2011, 01:01:40 PM
Quote from: dartag on November 23, 2011, 12:37:59 PM

There's shore fishing
There's 2 or 3 public docks, Access would be from Front street

Goggle the Monroe power plant
The "Hot pond" looks like a river on the south side of the plant
it dead ends at Front street

The shore sccess I believe closes either Oct. 1st or Nov. 1st. I went down last year at this time and it was shut down

Mojo

Saturday works for frank mike smiph and I.

Manxfishing can you do Saturday?

Mark? Third boat is all we're looking for.

djkimmel

Quote from: Waterfoul on November 23, 2011, 02:52:56 PM
I was under the impression the "hot ponds" were actually a section of the Raisin River?  Sure looks like it on the map.

The Raisin River is on the northerly side of the power plant while the hot ponds are on the southerly side. Plum Creek runs into the hot ponds at the 'elbow.'

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Mojo,

I was going to work on Sat

But I've hooked up with a guy at Work that happens to have 2 new trolling batt's
So I can drag my boat there
Plus his Wife works Sun so It's a good day for him

Frank

Seems its Sunday.  Mikesmph just fixed his schedule.  8am???  you kill me Mojo, lol.  ill be ready by 5am, we could get breakfast, or we could just fish in the dark while were waiting.  I leave the bar at 330 and if i dont find something to occupy my time im either going to have beer or go to sleep.

Frank

LennyB

Not to change the subject, but, I watched a Michigan Out of Doors show years ago when Fred Trost was still the host and they filmed an episode somewhere off of Saginaw Bay that was also a hot pond. They were fishing in the middle of winter throwing crankbaits and catching big carp on them one after another. Does anyone know were this could be. It was a backwater area that had a warm water discharge from some sort of plant or factory. 

Mojo

OK so we are on for SUNDAY 7:45.

Mighty Frank   and      Mojo
MikeSmiph      and      Veronica  plus      friend
Manxfish         and      Friend

Let me know who else to expect - Maybe we could keep our best 3 for fun ?

Manxfishing

Rocknfish

Hey fellas, would like to throw my name into the hat for sunday as well.
As of right now I have an open seat and wouldnt mind sharing with a fellow GLB'er with some knowlege of the place having never fished there yet. Anyone interested gimme a shout!

Aaron
Rock and fish...thats what I do!