Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Another castable umbrella rig like an Alabama rig

Started by djkimmel, November 07, 2011, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Again castable umbrella rig lure like the Alabama rig from Bass Tackle Depot and sold out the first run fast but available again in 2-days (11/9/2011) for a couple dollars less:

These rigs are still smoking hot apparently!! I wonder if they would hold up to peacock bass?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Well

As of today
I'm the first kid on my block to have a orig Alabama rig
It's much smaller in person. it's only 7" overalll

I have check the laws in Indiana
Patoka lake might be the first place I try it out

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Manxfishing

Well,

I don't think it will be this year
But i've been buying tails and I still have the box of swim baits from the last
craz

Just need to spool up a reel with 65# braid

bigjc

So...do you attach your hooks directly to the snaps?

Manxfishing

Quote from: bigjc on November 07, 2011, 10:41:04 PM
So...do you attach your hooks directly to the snaps?

Yes

There's 5 wires coming out of the head (it's a 3/8 lead weight)
On the the ends there's snap swivels

Being that I troll allot for Walleye
I would rather have just snaps
with a snap swivel you loose allot of action on the baits
Snap swivels are needed for a crawler harness or spoons to control the line twist
So seeing that It's made for swim baits that really don't have allot of action to begin with. I'd think your loosing action on the bait
And there's no reason to try and control line twist on a piece of wire
Anthor plus without the snap would be it's one less piece of tackle for the fish to see

djkimmel

The Chubby Chaser (that's funny) people have come out with a 3-wire rig to make it legal in California and probably other states that limit the number of hooks:

Manxfishing

Quote from: djkimmel on November 10, 2011, 08:55:14 PM
The Chubby Chaser (that's funny) people have come out with a 3-wire rig to make it legal in California and probably other states that limit the number of hooks:

It's the same price as the orig
But I noticed that there's blades on that rig

I myself feel bad for the Mom and Pop shop that made the orig
They make a smash hit and there flooded with orders
And while there trying to get those out everyone and there brother starts selling the rig.

djkimmel

Everyone knew it was coming. It happened to the Sluggo, the Senko, the chatterbait, the Beaver. You name it. Pretty much every new lure ever made.

It is very hard to make it on one lure or rig. Hopefully, he'll sell as many as he can as fast as he can. Maybe he'll get a big offer from a bigger company?

djkimmel

Looks like Mann's Bait Company may have exclusively licensed The Alabama Rig. More variations still coming out. I saw another one announced by Bass Tackle Depot yesterday. Haven't checked it out yet.

dartag

I am working on the " Union lake rig "   It lays on the couch from Nov-April and watched tv.   Probably put 5 1/s senkos on it.

If you go to A-Rigs site they have a warning about using the name.   Good to see the lawyers are making money also

djkimmel

I'm not sure about your 'Union lake rig' but I think there are already quite a few similar 'rigs' !!! ;D Try adding in a few fishing shows - Zona's Awesome Fishing Show, Hook 'N Look and maybe the Ultimate Fishing Show in January to vary you rig a little.

Just saw the press release on the Mann's Bait site. We'll see if this helps get the price down a little over the winter as the frenzy cools a little. No lawyer jokes this time. I think some of the visitors to this site are lawyers :D

bigjc

Yeah Dan,  Maybe you have found the single advantage to having a season that don't start until mid year...all the hot new lures released in Jan. are finally available by the time our season starts.  LOL

Roy Randolph

I was just informed that we will have some umbrella rigs at the Ultimate Fishing show next week

So Stop by the Anglers Mart booth and say hello
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

detroit1

My wife bought me one for christmas. It was in my stocking, and i thought it was just a tube of M&M's or something, and really didn't expect to be taken by a Swarm! I was going to make some over the winter. (i hope they are legal in mich.)
WAVE THERAPY

2k JIGS

The 5 wire is for Michigan.... We also make a 4 wire for Canada and 3 wire for some of the States below Michigan!

dartag

bet this will be the number one question the CO's get at the show..  I plan on asking.