Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

"The Last Days of 2011" - Fall Fishing Reports from Nov. 1st - ????

Started by ROI Outdoors, November 02, 2011, 02:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROI Outdoors

With water temps hovering between the upper 40's - low 50's the 2011 season is nearly over.  That being said I'd like anyone that has the chance to get out from Nov. 1st on to post their report(s) so we can have some information as to the successes/failures seen during the late-fall to winter transitional period. 

If possible please include the following information:

**Date/Time Fished
**Lake/Fishery Name
**Water Temp.
**# of Bass Caught with estimates of length/weight
**Techniques that yielded success

I'll be heading out Wednesday AM so hopefully I'll be back on here tomorrow evening with a good report.

Good Luck & Godspeed!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Bender

11-1 Kent Lake, Milford, MI
4:30 P.M.-6:30 P.M.
49* water, fairly windy with a chop on the water
Caught only one on a spinnerbait, only other bite was on a jig and lost it. Nothing on jerkbait or traps.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Bender

Woodland Lake in Brighton today. 4-6:30 P.M. They are pulling the docks out tomorrow.
49.5-50.0* water temp and still fairly windy.
Caught one largemouth (14") on a spinnerbait and 4 more around 13" on a jerkbait. Also caught 2 pike on the jerkbait. Missed the only bite I had on a jig. i was out there Sunday for 2 hours and caught 4 LM, all 15-16" on a jerkbait.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

bassforfun

We went to a small private lake near Lapeer yesterday afternoon in kayaks. Sorry I forgot the name but it is pretty small. Unfortunately we did not have a temp gauge but somewhere near 50 degrees is a good guess. We caught 5 LM in about 3.5 hrs of fishing.  Our biggest went around 14" on a KVD crankbait.  The others came on wacky worms (all were 12" or less) and we lost another one around 14" on a jig.

Waterfoul

Fished Pentwater Lake Monday with Ed.  Caught around 50 fish or so, mostly smallies in the 2-4 lbs range... mostly on gobie immitating baits.  We even caught some vertical jigging in 45 FOW.  Deepest I've ever caught a bass.  Water temp was around 48 degrees.

Heading up that way again this Sunday and possibly Monday.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Penalty on ROI. You anglers don't need to do exactly what he suggested. He can be a bad influence sometimes! ;D

Let's get some more new posts with a little detail and maybe a few pictures please!! I know some of you are whacking them good!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

edyer

I fished Manistee Lake last week Thursday. The bite started out pretty good. We had a double with twin 4-6's, then I caught a 5-5 and a 4-14. We ended up with about twenty five smallmouths, but our biggest fish hit early and then the bite died as the front moved through. Fish were caught on Senkos, texas rigged beavers, and swimbaits.

bigmojet

Only 1 fish (3 1/2 # SM) on Arcadia Saturday and the wind beat the heck out of me on Sunday with no fish.

customfishn

Fished muskegon lake today.  Water was between 45 and 49 there was no "hot water" being made so that killed the bite I went to find.  We did catch 2 little smallies one 14 inch largemouth.  Then drove home fished the Grand river near Lowell.  Water temp was mid 40s.  Killed the smallies caught 20 to 30 all 3 - 4 pounds also caught a steelhead and 2 northerns.  All fish were caught on darters or chrome traps

Waterfoul

If the weather gives me even a half a chance on any Sunday or Monday between now and Christmas... I'll head north one more time.

FishermanJohn

Fished Orchard on Sunday afternoon from noon to 4pm.  Wind was 15-25mph and sustained which made staying in one spot a challenge.  Bright and sunny all day.  Ended up getting 4 LMB 14-18" and 2 SMB 15" on jerkbaits with a bonus pike on a 6XD.  Water temp was 50-53 degrees.  Probably the last time I'll have the boat out this year but I might get back out on the kayak this weekend.

32eml24

Fished Lake Mac last week for 1 hour, caught 2 keepers both about 18 inches and all of 4 pounds, fattest largemouth I've ever seen this time of year.  Both bites came with a jig sitting on the bottom while I was texting my girlfriend! Water temp was 48 degrees in the area I was fishing and both bites came off wood.  I've been fishing the Kalamazoo River every other chance I've had to get out on the water and the smallmouth fishing is spectacular; vertical jigging presentations in all the holes has been the ticket. The largemouth are still following the baitfish but seem to be moved into the deepest part of their general areas for the winter.  Smallmouth have been anywhere between 12 and 20 inches, largemouth the bigger ones seem to be fed up and have only ranged between 12 and 17 inches.

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: djkimmel on November 05, 2011, 03:09:39 AM
Penalty on ROI. You anglers don't need to do exactly what he suggested. He can be a bad influence sometimes! ;D

Let's get some more new posts with a little detail and maybe a few pictures please!! I know some of you are whacking them good!

Well I guess I'll just have to call FOUL on your penalty then!  Might be hitting up some Steelies this evening; hopefully I'll have a few pics of some chromies for all the homies.  And I'm nothing but a Positive Influence all the time..

bigmojet

Off and on snowing up here in NW corner, would be a good Steelie day.

ROI Outdoors

Went out to Mona Lake this past weekend and finally caught some fish on the Red Eye Shad - it took me adding some Invisible UV Fluorescent Paint patterns to the bait to get them to eat it!  Only caught a few but they were all good chunks.  Water temps were 47-49 and every fish was caught on the wind-blown side in 2-4 ft. of water with lipless cranks (yo-yo was the only way to get them to eat it) and chatterbaits.  A few pics below.....

C. Vandermolen with a Mona Lake Largie

It is looking like CHROMIE time here in the next few days; rivers should be chalk full of fresh Steel by now............  If you haven't had the chance to hook up with some FRESH winter run Steelhead I suggest you give it a whirl - next 2 weeks should be 10+ fish days for those with boats that can get on the Muskegon, Grand or Kalamazoo! 

The Fall/Winter Steelhead Run in Southwest Lower Michigan is phenominal!

Downtown Grand River Steelie from last Nov. courtesy of R. Krupp

K-zoo River Chromie from last Nov.

bigmojet

I got out on Arcadia about 4 pm yesterday. As soon as I launced the boat the winds kicked up to 20 mph+ and made fishing difficult. Had only one bite and nothing to show for it.

djkimmel

Still a penalty ROI!!!

It is easier for other anglers to find unique posts titled with something related to the fishing report being provided rather than trying to find one post that has a bunch of different lakes, days, reports mixed together. I'd really appreciate it if you guys can start new posts with your fishing reports. Good practice for next year's fishing reports contest too!

Please...?

Thank you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

OK, OK.  After I fish Sunday and Monday I'll post new reports!  With pics!!

djkimmel

THANK YOU! Thank you. ROI can be a bad influence. Not real bad. Just a little bad. People really do like reading the fishing reports, especially with pictures or video. Especially this time of year when so many our winding down and/or switching to other activities.