Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Fork

Started by Big dreams, October 06, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank-o

Yes, several manufacturers make 2 piece casting rods. I, myself do not happen to own one yet, i have a couple of 2 piece spinning rods. Here is a link to one i was thinking of buying myself made by Damiki.
link removed

But look around at a few places such as Bass Pro or Cabelas for what fits your fishing style.

Dan

The only thing they pretty much won't allow is a back up co 2 cartridge for your Mustang PFD. They let me carry on my Mustang, but said they wouldn't have allowed a back up CO2 cartridge. I flew with my Mustang to Alabama to Marshal and took a small tackle box as well in my carry on.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Big dreams

All very good information.  I am checking into this now.  I had no idea they made two piece casting rods.  It makes sense now that I think about it but never heard of it before.  Thanks

djkimmel

Grandt Rods makes a number of two-piece rods for things like this. Scroll down this link on the All American Pro Series.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Quote from: Big dreams on October 10, 2011, 12:59:47 PM
 The second lake I would like to go to is TableRock.

TableRock is one of my fav. places to fish.  I have spent a few days there on several occasions.  It can be famine or feast though.  Very tough fishing when its hot.  Awsome in the spring.

Big dreams

Quote from: bigjc on October 23, 2011, 10:12:20 PM
 The second lake I would like to go to is TableRock.

TableRock is one of my fav. places to fish.  I have spent a few days there on several occasions.  It can be famine or feast though.  Very tough fishing when its hot.  Awsome in the spring.

Is TableRock as clear as they say it is?  Not sure how realistic the game is but I did fish it in the BPS Strike video game  ;D

Big dreams

Quote from: djkimmel on October 23, 2011, 08:30:15 PM
Grandt Rods makes a number of two-piece rods for things like this. Scroll down this link on the All American Pro Series.

That is good to hear.  I try to purchase all Grandt rods since MadWags convinced me to purchase one a couple of years ago.  Think they will have any at the show in Novi in Feb?

djkimmel

They will not be a Novi for 2012. They will be in Michigan one time in March at the Grand Rapids Ultimate Sport Show at DeVos Place. Thanks for considering Grandt Rods. That really helps. I think I used about 6 of them now myself.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Lake Fork is at the top of my list so when I heard I will be traveling near there often, I became all sorts of excited.  The second lake I would like to go to is TableRock.  Falcon Lake in Texas would be up there as well if I didn't have to worry about the drug cartel taking me out.
Table Rock is one of my fav. places to fish, but I have  been craving a trip to Fork for years.  I say every year that this winter I am going, but never seem to have the dough.  Maybe this winter.  Sure would make a great getaway in March.

Waterfoul

I fish Table Rock every spring... first week of April or so.  Clarity really depends on where you are on the lake.  Certain places are clearer than others.  For instance the James River... the further you go upstream, the less clear it becomes (for the most part).  I've fished water you could see the bottom in 10' and in the same day fished water you couldn't see down 2'.

Since I've been going down there, our biggest bass is 7 lbs 8 oz.  Caught at night in '09.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!