Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:42:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Fork

Started by Big dreams, October 06, 2011, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

I will have the opportunity to travel to Texas and was wondering if anyone has ever took a guided trip on Lake Fork?  If so, who was it?  The trips will not be until next year so I have time but I would like to get a game plan going.  I wont be able to take my own gear so that stops me from renting a boat which is what I would like to do.  But then again, a guide will be able to show me where the 10 lbers are at  ;D

TCook

If nobody can help you here ask on BBC
FISH HARD!!!

HellaBass

I would look at
Tom Redington
Justin Rackley
Lance Vick

Frank-o

I fished with James Caldemeyer last year. Awesome guy. Caught some great fish,
http://www.officiallakeforktrophybass.com/3.html

Big dreams

Those are some nice fish!  When I get down there and  back, I will post some pictures of what I get on this thread.  Thanks again.

Redbone

If I could go to any place and bass fish, Fork lake would be right at the top of the list! I could just imagine setting the hook on one of those toads.   :)

Big dreams

Lake Fork is at the top of my list so when I heard I will be traveling near there often, I became all sorts of excited.  The second lake I would like to go to is TableRock.  Falcon Lake in Texas would be up there as well if I didn't have to worry about the drug cartel taking me out.

Bender

Now y'all are making me regret cancelling a trip I had planned to Lake Fork earlier this summer. There were 30+ MPH winds so my buddy and I didn't make the 5 hour drive over to fish it, we just stayed closer to home looking for big bass.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

You can't let a little 30 mph wind keep you from some big bass, can you?

Wind schmind! You're from the Great Lakes! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Big dreams

Now don't jinx me Bender!  I assume I will be down there in February or March.  Then again in July/August.  The trips I have found so far seem to hover around the $400 mark so I don't want to waste it on a bad day.

Bender

I won't jinx you! That weekend was jinxed from the beginning. We were all set to go to Grand Lake in OK but it was too low and the ramps were all closed. Then we decided on Lake Fork and the wind was too strong, maybe closer to 40-50. In any case we talked to a local and he said that it rarely gets that bad and he wasn't going out. He did tell us how great the lake is and I regret not going there on another weekend. I got a little hung up on going to Pickwick since it was 4 hours away and kept going back there instead. I think that it would be a good idea to get a guide, it is frustrating to go to a great lake and not do well like I have done before since I had no idea what I was looking for (Guntersville).
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Big dreams

Bender,

First I am jelous that you have been to so many awesome Southern lakes.  Second, how do you do it?

Dan

If you want to know where the big fish swim in southern lakes sign up to Marshal an Elite Series event. For $100 you get to see an Elite Series angler's best spots for three days. Your $400 would pay for gas and hotel rooms, and as I said you'd get three days to look at some great water. I've been on Pickwick with 7 different pros, Guntersville, 8 different pros, Wheeler 7, and have signed up for Okeechobee and the Mystery Lake this year. Really excited to go down to Florida in March for the Big O.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Bender

Big Dreams, I lived in Mississippi for a year, just moved back up here to Michigan in time for winter.  :(
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Big dreams

That's a good idea Dan.  The only reason I would pay is because I couldn't take my rods with me for a business trip.  We take a private jet back and forth and I don't think they allow items that long onboard.  Otherwise I would take them and rent a boat.

Bender - Are you confused?  Shouldn't you be going South in the winter?  I think you have the directions mixed up a little :)

TCook

Looks like Falcon is the place to be check out the Bass Champs weights from last weekend. Oh and those weights are for two days...

http://www.basschamps.com/basschamps/results.cfm?tournament_id=141&type=team&yearSelected=2011&junior=no
FISH HARD!!!

Big dreams

Problem with Falcon is the drug cartels and shooting people.  I read an article on it a while back.

HellaBass

Quote from: Big dreams on October 11, 2011, 05:55:56 PM
Problem with Falcon is the drug cartels and shooting people.  I read an article on it a while back.

Way over blown IMO

Frank-o

Big Dreams, buy a couple of two-piece rods and a a travel case for them. They fir fine in overheads bins or even in the stewards little closets up front. i do it all the time. I'm in the military and travel an awful lot and i take my rods everywhere i can. I fly commercial as much or more than mil transport. Carry the reels in your carry on bag and your small amount tackle/lures in your checked luggage.
Now go rent that boat !

:)

Big dreams

That is a great idea.  Do they make two piece casting rods?  I do have a two piece spinning rod but I was thinking of taking heavier line just in case.