Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Winter Get-together, January 13th, 2011

Started by Revtro, September 27, 2011, 05:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

What: Christian Anglers Winter Get-together.
When:Friday, January 13th, 2012
Where: TBD

I'd like to open our church for this event if you all think a game night might be fun.  If so, how about we plan to bring our families, kids and all for a fun evening of getting to know fellow Christian Anglers.  

For the westsiders, if you would prefer to meet somewhere a little more West, that's an option too.  Let's get the conversation going to get it all figured out.  At this gathering, we can also start planning a date for our Spring Gathering.  
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

The Ultimate Fishing Show is that weekend.  Shouldn't we try for a week later or maybe the Ultimate Show weekend would be better just because there may be more people around this area from the westside of the state that come over for that. 

BD                                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

I'm thinking most people are more likely to go Saturday to the show anyway.  But if the consensus is that it's a bad weekend, we can move it back a week.  I'm flexible.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

YpsiBass

I'm not too far west so I don't think distance is a problem.  Plus if it's at your church I think it simplifies (cheapens) the need to rent out or reserve space somewhere else.

Revtro

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing.  And if we do a potluck, we don't have to eat out.   ;)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bigjc

Quote from: UAWBigDog on September 27, 2011, 08:39:40 PM
the Ultimate Show weekend would be better just because there may be more people around this area from the westside of the state that come over...

I think that BD may be on to something, nothing brings more West-siders to the big D, than the Ultimate fishing show.  It might be perfect timing.

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on October 01, 2011, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on September 27, 2011, 08:39:40 PM
the Ultimate Show weekend would be better just because there may be more people around this area from the westside of the state that come over...

I think that BD may be on to something, nothing brings more West-siders to the big D, than the Ultimate fishing show.  It might be perfect timing.

Just something to put out there and think about.

BD.                                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

Yeah, let's keep the date.  No matter what date we pick there will be some who can't make it.  Hopefully with the advance notice, most can make plans to be there.  So mark your calendars everyone. :)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Sounds good Rev.  Depending on soccer games and when I will be working for GLB down at the show, I'll try to make it.  I'll bring the wife and the kids although I don't think my teenager will want to come.  But maybe I can talk her into it.  She could use some fellowship as I think we all can.

BD                             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

KLAKE

I would love to come, but that is a long drive.

djkimmel

Quote from: Revtro on October 03, 2011, 12:02:33 PM
Yeah, let's keep the date.  No matter what date we pick there will be some who can't make it.  Hopefully with the advance notice, most can make plans to be there.  So mark your calendars everyone. :)

Usually the best way to schedule something.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Looking forward to it!  Happy Thanksgiving All!!! Praise God  for for all that we have in this incredible Nation!

Revtro

Probably time to start getting a head count.  Who's in?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

YpsiBass

Revtro

So far it looks like BigDog, BigJC, Ellipsis, Revtro.  Others?  Kind of a small turnout so far.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bigjc

Come on peeps...This is gonna be good!!!  Where is everyone at?   ???

bigjc

Quote from: UAWBigDog on October 03, 2011, 08:57:45 PM
although I don't think my teenager will want to come.  But maybe I can talk her into it.  She could use some fellowship as I think we all can.

BD                             ;D

My 15 year old daughter is planning on coming with us.  Maybe that will help convince her.

Skulley

Is there a location and time for this yet?  7ish could be good because it gives everyone a chance to get home from work, pull the family together, and get going.  I still have to talk with my lovely bride to make sure the time slot is free.  We can always order Pizza's from the local carry out joint for food if Rev wants to open the church.  It can be inexpensive that way also as well as pot luck.  Either way we do food is good with me.  I like the game night.  If we do that, we can bring some games and any one else who wants to bring a game or two can also.  We can play cards, board games, charades, etc.   

We could always pick a pizza joint between east and west sides of town to do this also.  I know a good place on Woodward Avenue and as a matter of fact I know two good places.  Comos at Woodward and 9 mile in Ferndale as well as Pasquales a little north of there on Woodward on the westside of the street.  Pasquales is one of my favorites.  Great pizza.  Comos is very good too.  I like to eat.  It's probably my favorite pastime aside from fishing.

BD.                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

bigjc