Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 B.A.S.S. Elite Series Mystery Lake Poll

Started by djkimmel, September 06, 2011, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What lake do you think the June 28 - July 1, 2012 Bassmaster Elite Series Mystery Lake is?

Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh WI
6 (9.5%)
Green Bay, Green Bay WI
2 (3.2%)
Lake Minnetonka, Minneapolis MN
5 (7.9%)
Bays de Noc, Escanaba MI
12 (19%)
Lake Michigan, Chicago IL
2 (3.2%)
Burt/Mullett Lake, Cheboygan MI
4 (6.3%)
Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City MI
5 (7.9%)
Lake Charlevoix, Charlevoix MI
2 (3.2%)
Saginaw Bay, Bay City MI
0 (0%)
Lake St Clair/Erie, Detroit MI
16 (25.4%)
Lake Erie Sandusky OH
0 (0%)
Somewhere else
7 (11.1%)
Lake Ovid, Laingsburg MI
2 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

djkimmel

Lets do this up! We have until almost the end of June 2012 before they'll let the 'cat' out of the bag - before B.A.S.S. officials tell everyone and the Elite Series anglers where the big 'Mystery Lake' that was 'impounded some time ago' is! It is a fairly good chance that a few of the 2012 Elite Anglers will be happily closer to home for a change.

Vote in the poll where you think the Elite 'Mystery Lake' will be and tell us why you think it will be one place over another. If we have to wait a while to see if Michigan finally gets an Elite Series event or not, we can at least have fun with it!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I personally think B.A.S.S. will truly pull off a 'Mystery Lake' event if they go anywhere other than Escanaba. (Anyone know someone high up in the Escanaba leadership? ;D )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

I guess I'm going with Winnebago. 380 miles from LaCrosse
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

TCook

Detroit river because its the tournament mecca up north
FISH HARD!!!

Dan

It would be nice to see them there, but practically speaking, they are fishing back to back weekends. That means the top ten will be fishing Sunday and then have to drive 586 miles to Detroit. That's a ten hour drive and I just don't see them doing that.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

markgoetsch

I'm going with "bago" because it's large enough for a hundred boats,  both smallmouth and largemouth, a very diverse fishery with the main lake (kind of like erie with rock humps and such) and other places up the rivers looking for largemouth in reed patches, slop, and everything else you can think of.  The fish aren't huge but it would take probably 17 lbs a day to win.

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on September 06, 2011, 07:12:43 PM
I guess I'm going with Winnebago. 380 miles from LaCrosse

More like 150 miles but I think that is too close. Escanaba is only ~300 miles.

djkimmel

Quote from: markgoetsch on September 06, 2011, 09:27:17 PM
I'm going with "bago" because it's large enough for a hundred boats,  both smallmouth and largemouth, a very diverse fishery with the main lake (kind of like erie with rock humps and such) and other places up the rivers looking for largemouth in reed patches, slop, and everything else you can think of.  The fish aren't huge but it would take probably 17 lbs a day to win.

I can't disagree with al your rationale. I'd even like to go there one of these days. Though they've never been there before, I'd be less surprised if they go there than Minnetonka though I think it is more like they go to Green Bay instead. Slightly. I'm betting they feel they owe Escanaba another shot...

Dan

I would have to say, I may now be leaning toward changing my vote to Escanaba, but a vote made is a vote played.

djkimmel

cameraguy

Quote from: djkimmel on September 06, 2011, 06:44:55 PM
...the big 'Mystery Lake' that was 'impounded some time ago' is!...

I'm confused. Where was the quote "impounded some time ago"? And if this is an accurate quote then how can the Mystery Lake be at Escanaba?

djkimmel

Here's a link to the original announcement by B.A.S.S. for the 2012 Elite Series schedule: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/tournaments/index.php/2011/09/01/bass-announces-2012-elite-series-lakes

This is what B.A.S.S. announced about the 2012 Elite tournament #7:
BASSMASTER ELITE #7
Dates: June 28-July 1
Venue: It's a secret ... for now.
Host: We're not saying, but they'll be ready.
Size: Big enough!
Impounded: Some time ago.
Notes: It's been a while since B.A.S.S. had a tournament at a "mystery lake" — especially one of such potential magnitude. The first six Bassmaster Classics were held at mystery sites — qualifiers didn't know of the location until they boarded a plane and were in the air — but that all ended in 1976. Since then, the mystery lake events have been rare ... until now. What makes this one special is the impact it's going to have on the Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year race. Because this will be the penultimate tournament of the year, the race will be down to just a few contenders, and because none will know of the destination until just before the practice period, finding bass quickly and figuring out how best to catch them right away is going to be paramount. The 2012 AOY race will be given a trial by fire.

I think the two comments about size and impoundment are a little tongue-in-cheek because the water will be very large - the Great Lakes - and the Great Lakes were 'impounded' some time ago when the massive ice fields receded leaving water in new depressions formed by their weight and gouging. They say the Earth is still rebounding even now from the immense compression.

Of course, I have a big Great Lakes bias too so I may be reading into something that is much simpler in reality. I am a nerd...

cameraguy

Wow that is quite a leap but you might be right. I suppose that BASS really doesn't really want to give any kind of clue about the lake's location.

djkimmel

It could go many, many ways... which is why I thought a poll would be fun! My main reasoning for believing it is Escanaba is it is close enough and they kind of owe them an Elite event after booting them off the schedule due mostly to complaints about cost and distance to get there.

Dan

Definition of PENULTIMATE

: next to the last <the penultimate chapter of a book>

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on September 08, 2011, 10:17:28 PM
Definition of PENULTIMATE

: next to the last <the penultimate chapter of a book>

There you go again... throwing out the big words!!

Durand Dan

I'm going with Big Bay. I was ther for an Everstart several years ago and the community did it up right!

djkimmel

That's what I heard. If I had enough time and gas money, I might drive up there for some pictures and video. It is a long drive for still being in Michigan but at least it would be IN Michigan. We got to get the ice broken on the top of the B.A.S.S. somehow!

cameraguy

I voted for Winnebago. For one, it is a great mixed bag fishery. Two, it's not far fromla Crosse. Three, payback for changing no-cull rule. Last but not least, it's home to big sponsor, Mercury.

djkimmel