Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:40:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Get together?

Started by Revtro, August 28, 2011, 09:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

i am a definite maybe for next Saturday.  So what ramp is it???

troossien1

Gahhh.. I can't make it this because I have some prior responsibilities with refing a soccer game and it is also my birthday weekend. but it sounds like  a great time and I'm sure god will be smiling on everyone that day :)  do you guys think we could set a date for something next year so I don't plan anything? I am really bummed I can't do it but if we start planning now for another one we could probably pull more interest?
Kistler rods

Revtro

Yeah, planning for next year is a great idea.  Also, there's nothing saying we can't do a social get-together during the cold months in addition.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bigjc

As usual, Tom has masterminded another great idea.  Fish Saturday and plan a get together for Jan. or Feb., between Wild game dinners and sports shows.   ;D

tjrock

I'm in if it is this saturday just need to know times and what launch. I might be able to get one more person too depending on what time you think we will be done.

Revtro

Ok, it seems like we have enough to commitment to make this happen.  I would propose that we launch at the Algonac ramp and fish the channels.  The nice thing about that ramp is that we're close enough to fish down the South Channel or even up North to Fawn without big runs. 

BD, where was that spot we could do a BBQ that you mentioned?

Game Plan
Arrive THIS SATURDAY at 7:30am at the Algonac Ramp.
Fish from 8 to 12 or 1
BBQ down the road at the State Park afterward.

WHO IS BRINGING WHAT? 
I will bring a couple packs of Hot Dogs and condiments.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

troossien1

we should try to get word out more and see what we get for next year.. i know its still a long way away but Im sure we could get really good numbers if we start advertizing soon.. we could start getting word out some time inbetween december-june before anyone starts making plans? and should we shoot for the same day next year or do you have another date that you think would be better?
Kistler rods

tjrock

Well, looks like it will just be me so I will have an open seat in my boat. I'm not that familiar with fishing the river down there so hopefully this will be a learning experience as well as a good time. I will bring some charcoal and a couple bags of chips.

YpsiBass

I can bring charcoal and my chimney starter (don't like the taste of lighter fluid).  Could also bring some burgers or dogs as well.  I'll be looking to sit in the back of someone's boat though.

Revtro

I don't see this state park BD was talking about. Anyone know where it is or if it's close?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

YpsiBass

Can we get a headcount so I know how much hamburger to buy?

Revtro

So far:

Revtro  (I'm bringing a friend)  Boater/Nonboater  -  Bringing Hot Dogs, Buns, Ketchup,Mustard
Ellipsis - Nonboater  -  Bringing Hamburger, Charcoal
Tjrock - Boater  -  Bringing Chips

Hoping to hear from:
BD
Bigjc
Roi

Others? 

BTW - I think I know where that State Park is right up the road.  We should be set.  Is someone bringing a BBQ?  I don't own a small one.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

tjrock

According to the State Parks website they have firepits and BBQ's in the day use picnic area. They also have a shelter we can use if it's not already being used by someone else. According to the weather man we might get a little wet. They've been wrong quite a bit lately so hopefully they are for Saturday too. The State Park is about 3 miles north of the Algonac boat launch on M-29

bob620

Revtro,Is it to late to sign up.The last time I looked you guys were talking October 7-8.If it is going to be this Saturday I am interested.I will bring my boat and some potato salad and some tuna salad.I have to have some surgery on my left foot next Monday so this will work out just right for me.I will bring some paper plates and some plastic ware also.

bob620

Skulley

Quote from: tjrock on September 22, 2011, 04:33:57 PM
According to the State Parks website they have firepits and BBQ's in the day use picnic area. They also have a shelter we can use if it's not already being used by someone else. According to the weather man we might get a little wet. They've been wrong quite a bit lately so hopefully they are for Saturday too. The State Park is about 3 miles north of the Algonac boat launch on M-29

That's it.  It is called Algonac State Park.  I camped there last year in October with the family.  Real nice camp ground too.

BD                                      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

Come on BD, tell us you're gonna make it!

Bob, it's awesome you can come.  Can't wait!!!

So far:

Revtro  (I'm bringing a friend)  Boater/Nonboater  -  Bringing Hot Dogs, Buns, Ketchup,Mustard
Ellipsis - Nonboater  -  Bringing Hamburger, Charcoal
Tjrock - Boater  -  Bringing Chips, pop
Bob620 - Boater -  BringingPotato/Tuna salad, plates, plasticware.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

tjrock

I'll grab some pop and water to drink too.

YpsiBass

Going to pick up some burgers and buns on the way home tonight.  See you fellas tomorrow morning.

Anyone have an address or something I can plug into my GPS of where the Algonac Launch is located at?  I'm guessing it's the launch at the end of Smith St?

tjrock

Revtro

I don't have an address.  I take 26 Mile to Palms.  I turn right on Palms and take it until it ends (back on Dixie or 23 or whatever they call it in that area)  Turn left and go through the marsh and into town.  When you get past the Ferry, you're near.  The ramp will be on your right.  It's at a light.  Taking 26 is the fastest way.  Taking 23 gets you a whole lot of lights and slow speed limits.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]