Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Get together?

Started by Revtro, August 28, 2011, 09:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

I'm not sure there will be much interest, but I'll post the question anyway. :).  I was thinking that we have quite a few anglers on this site who follow Christ.  The Bible encourages to gather together for encouragement and fellowship.  So would anyone be interested in getting together a small fun tourney and BBQ to end the season this year?  Maybe a St. Clair River tourney?  Another idea was maybe just doing a get-together at a B-Dubs to put a face to the name.  If there is any interest in either idea, I'll toss out a few dates.  Whatcha think?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Tom, I think this is a great idea.  Provided my son's soccer doesn't get in the way, I would be interested in attending.  There just isn't enough fellowship any more and I believe that we all need that.

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Would easter/christmas catholics be invited? LOL.

Meeting some of you folks would be nice at some point though.

Revtro

LOL, of course Ellipsis.  Anyone interested in hanging with fellow believers is more than welcome.  Let's see how much interest we have.  I'm open to ideas!   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bigjc

Tom,

My fall schedule is filling up fast, but I would certainly be up for it, schecule permitting.

Revtro

I'm not sure we have a ton of interest yet, but want to propose a date?  Should we fish or just hang out?  Both might be fun.  Maybe if we launched out of Metro Beach, we could hang there for a BBQ after.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

troossien1

you know .. my grandfather and I are both very close together and at times I consider us more of brothers in christ because of our relationship.. I would love to see this happen! It might be difficult for us to make it because we are west-siders but For something like this I would like to push it on him :) but even if this doesnt work out this year, I dont want to see this idea die. I think it is a great idea and I would love to be apart of it! Possably alternate lakes on different years?
even though Im young I still love to connect with my fellow fallowers of christ... and I would be happy to do what I can to help make it happen!
- Tyler
Kistler rods

bigjc

My thought would be this: if we can pull of a Saturday in October, it would be a great idea to fish out of Metro beach and BBQ after.  If not, we have five months of cold, crappy, non-fishing weather (no offense to all of you Hardwater fishermen), during which we could put together a fellowship.

BTW for those of us who do fish during the hard water season...don't forget to check out Dan's new ice fishin' website.  I am sure it will be full of good info this winter. http://www.greatlakesicefishing.com/

troossien1

talked with my grandpa and he also thinks this is a great idea! lets get zona in here haha ;) I would like the tournament alot too tho
Kistler rods

Revtro

The only availability I'd have is October 8th, but I'm up for it.  Does anyone know when they take the docks out of Metro?

Who would commit to being there on the 8th?  If we can drum up the interest, let's go for it!  I say we fish till 11am, then BBQ and hang out. 

Once we get an idea of who's coming, we'll figure out what to bring.   ;D

Who's in?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

YpsiBass

Count me in, but I don't have a boat so I'd have to be someone's back seat.  As long as the day isn't longer than 12 hours I don't have to find a dog sitter.

edit: If their grills are sub-par, I'd be happy to haul out my Weber kettle.

troossien1

October 8 is like the only day I'm busy:/
Kistler rods

Revtro

The other day I had available was at the end of the month, but I can't see BBQ in the snow.   :(

Not sure what else to do.  The only other date I have is the 22nd and I'm afraid it will be too cold by then.  If there was any way I could change plans the other couple of Saturdays I would, but I have church events on those days I must attend. 

I could do something next Saturday, but is that too short of notice?  Everyone weigh in on this.

Next Saturday or October 8? 

Bassinkid, we'd love you to be able to be there. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Unfortunately both those dates don't work for me. My boy has soccer games.

BD.                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Revtro on September 17, 2011, 09:54:21 AM
The other day I had available was at the end of the month, but I can't see BBQ in the snow.   :(

Not sure what else to do.  The only other date I have is the 22nd and I'm afraid it will be too cold by then.  If there was any way I could change plans the other couple of Saturdays I would, but I have church events on those days I must attend. 

I could do something next Saturday, but is that too short of notice?  Everyone weigh in on this.

Next Saturday or October 8? 

Bassinkid, we'd love you to be able to be there. 

Is this the official formation of TEAMMARK117 or what?!?!?!?  I am in for sure if we can go a week from today.  October 8th is our Championship down on Coldwater so if you can make next Saturday that would be awesome!

SMALLIES WILL BE LOADED IN THE RIVER(s) next week for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Revtro

I'm all for next Saturday.  The fishing in the river should be great.  It was decent yesterday!

Mark 1:17 And Jesus said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you become fishers of men."
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

If we do it next Saturday, I wonder if we should launch in Algonac and see if we can get permission to BBQ there??  That way the weather would be less of a factor for fishing the river. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: Revtro on September 17, 2011, 04:31:22 PM
If we do it next Saturday, I wonder if we should launch in Algonac and see if we can get permission to BBQ there??  That way the weather would be less of a factor for fishing the river. 

That sounds good to me!  We should grab a few walleye on the way back in to grill up as well......
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Skulley

Quote from: Revtro on September 17, 2011, 04:31:22 PM

You could always go up the road to the state park and BBQ there Rev.

BD                             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Next weekend works for me too as long as I can shake this stupid cold.