Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:53:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Spark plug conversion

Started by canvsbk, July 04, 2006, 07:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canvsbk

I need to convert NGK - BUZHW which is a suface gap p;ug ( electrodeless ) to a standard plug with electrode. Surface gaps fowl after a 20 minute idle. Any one know where to look for a chart?

Not the marina...
Not BBC....
Not the auto parts store...

Thanks for any help!
Look past what they want you to see.

Roy Randolph

That brand and style rarely fouls are you sure that?s your problem?
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

canvsbk

I've never been around a surface gap plug that didn't fowl, regardless of who made it. I converted the plugs over for my Johnson and it never fowled again. Now I went and got myself a Merc....with surface gaps. Today I fowled 2 sets, all I had, because we were in a no wake zone for about 30 minutes. It was 24 volt all the way back to the ramp! Not fun.
I have e mailed NGK, hopefully they can convert for me.

djkimmel

Would be a good resource to have if anyone knows where. It is a weak spot in my own personal 'knowledge-base' because I guess I've been lucky and avoided the fouled spark plug problem.

I assume surface-gap plugs are the ones with the small node inside the middle of the circular base? Verses the electrode kind with the L-shaped electrode? I always thought the L-shaped ones fouled the most, but again, I've been lucky for quite some time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

canvsbk

I talked to tech support at NGK yesterday. Nice guys and very helpfull. However.......the first thing the man said was "I get this every day with surface gaps", the long and the short of it is there is no plug made that will be short enough to work for me. I'm going to buy another set at $10 a pop and lean out my carbs on the low end. Must be I need a new boat with EFI!!