Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

SPI Fall Opens

Started by BassMastaJ, August 07, 2011, 04:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassMastaJ

Sportspersons Ministries International Fall Opens

Looking to have 3 Fall Bass Tournaments. No membership. $50 per team. 100% payback.

Curious how many teams would be interested. And looking for input on what lakes.

We are thinking Sept and Oct.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sportspersons-Ministries-Bass-Tournament-Trail/339699560442

www.spi-int.org

bassinman#1

Kent lk, Milford, Mi  and Wixom lk. Gladwin, Mi.

fish hound

Freemont in Sept and Hardy in late Oct or early Nov. 

Matt

thedude

an oct event on muskegon wouldn't suck either.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

chrisvmo

kgr624

I have seen  a lot of comments about opening the lake in all other circuits but if you run a tournament you know that the best way to not lose boats is to close the lake and have the best fisherman on that lake, that day, win. Not the person who has the biggest or best rough water boat who can get to white lake or other lakes. Not saying that you would lose tons of boats just saying you could keep those boats and anglers that want it to be as fair as possible. I would like to know I got beat by someone in the same conditions and same water. Just my two cents. But if the rules say you can run than I wouldn't blame a guy for taking the run.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Braidman

chrisvmo

I will fish where ever it is and I do agree with you kgr. Just more options if you do fish the lake-shore  From my experience SOME of the lakes get really tough in the fall. I don't know but I think  a lot of bait fish move in from the lake when it cools down?

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: chrisvmo on August 17, 2011, 09:58:24 PM
I will fish where ever it is and I do agree with you kgr. Just more options if you do fish the lake-shore  From my experience SOME of the lakes get really tough in the fall. I don't know but I think  a lot of bait fish move in from the lake when it cools down?

LAKESHORE SUCKS IN THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!  And why does the same old silly conversation about running continue to even be a topic????  The Lakeshore being Open is only a factor in the early part of the season and that being said it is only really a factor on the Grand where it's tough to muster a 12-lbs sack on a good day.  Muskegon Lake has plenty of fish, White Lake has plenty of fish and would you believe that Lake Mac has produced more Big Bass over the last 2 seasons than any other fishery???  If dudes buy a boat they should be able to drive it where ever they like - this is America..................if guys want to waste $100 in gas and add stress factors all over their glass than so be it.  The discussion about equipment/bigger boats/bigger engines/bigger kahunas is actually quite ridiculous if you actually think about it........I don't have a Side Imager so I think in order to "level the playing field" no one else should be able to have a side imager - there will always be someone with better lures, rods, electronics, ect. but fact remains that if you got a boat that floats you are in the game bottom line.   I apologize for the abrasive tone of this post but this topic just really gets to me.........if you want to make it fair then we all just have to rent canoes and go out with identical rods/reels/line and lures on a body of water that no one has ever been on before - then maybe just maybe we'll see who is the best.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the word "fair" won't ever be applicable to this game we play.........once you pop that top there's no way to stop.  Just my 2 nickels and dime.............and I didn't proofread this mess of a post so if there's more random non-sense than usual it will have to do unitl next time....
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

korean_bassmaster

Wixom lk., gladwin/midland mi.       Secord lk, gladwin mi

Waterfoul

Couple of you guys need to realize that SPI is a West Michigan bass club... Wixom... Galdwin... not many guys from this area are going to drive across the state when we have some great destinations right here in our back yards.  I'm just sayin....
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!