Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 Skeeter Fx 20 with 250 Yamaha Sho

Started by bob620, August 05, 2011, 04:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob620

Just kicking tires right now, but I can't get this boat out of my mind.I have a Ranger 620vs now,and I should be satisfied [I'm very grateful for what I have,but I have always wanted a bass boat].The 620 is a hassle with the kicker not being used,there is the cost of maintaining it.Have to have a 6ft latter to get in and out of it to put gear in and out of it ,before going to the the lake.
          Anyway,what are the pros and cons of having this boat,or any bass boat.Are the batteries easily accessible,what about putting in a water separator like a racor with see through bowl that you can get to.I'm not trying to be anal just trying to get it right this time if there is such a thing!Any comments pro or con would be appreciated.

Bob620

Mike S.

I have a 20 foot Skeeter.  I'll tell you that there is storage everywhere.  There is not an inch of that boat that you can't store something in.  As far as accessibility, it's a breeze.  Open the two rear deck hatches, and you see batteries and gas tanks.  My boat is a 2000, but I can't see Skeeter changing much as far as compartments and accessibility.  

They say that Skeeter designs their boats to take a 90 degree turn at full throttle.  I personally don't want to try it, but I will say that mine turns exceptionally well.  I turned a little too sharp the other day on Mona Lake, and was really impressed with how the boat stayed flat, and just turned.  

I love the way it rides.  Very comfortable, and doesn't beat you to death.  It handles rough water with ease, and is pretty fast.  It carries the bow real high.  That took some getting used to.  My Nitro didn't lift the bow nearly as high.

If I were you, I'd go get one.  Oh, by the way, there are no ladders needed to load the Skeeter!!!

bob620

Thanks Mike,that really helps.What dealer did you do your business with.Thanks again.

bob620

Mike S.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy mine at a Skeeter dealer.  I have been to Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo.  Pretty nice dealer.  They had quite a few new Skeeters sitting there.  Didn't deal with them, so I can't speak for their service at all.  I have heard good things about Lakedrive Marine.  Never been there, but have heard good things from others.  There is also a Skeeter dealer in Kalkaska.  They have a few boats on Bass Boat Central.

I have seen a couple of boats go with that new SHO.  And, from the videaos I have seen on the web, it is awesome.  I am hoping my next boat has one on it.

Mike S.

if I'm not mistaken, Lake Drive does demo rides.  I believe it was their website that  I was reading that on.  Whether or not they would have the exact boat you are looking for to demo, I don't know.  Doesn't hurt to call and find out.

motocross269

bob620

Mike,Thanks for all the info,but after being in a bass boat today I'm to old for a bass boat.Bad back,bad knees and to much arthritis in my bones.Don,t get me wrong it was a great boat and a great driver.The 620 seats are a individual and not a bench type seat,for somebody with bad knees it easier to get up and out of.So I will stick with my slower hole shot and over all slower bath tub of a boat.
    Motorcross269,My 620 is a 2008,still like new.New rule!be satisfied and count my blessings!

bob620

motocross269

They may be slower but they are nice to fish out of on the bigger water....Most of the time you can't run much over 55-60 on LSC and Erie anyway....There are a couple of Bass Guys fishing out of them in the BFLs...

I am kind of keeping my eye out for the right deal.....I really like my Bass Cat but I think the 620vs would make a better boat for the type of fishing that I do and be more family friendly....My wife has seen a couple at the BFLs and every time I mention a newer boat the VS series comes up...

peters_skeeter

I bought my Skeeter ZX200 from Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater, MI. After ridding in other boats I noticed the same thing, you can lift that bow up and you feel like your flying above the water! I know Jeff has an FX20 that I know he would let you try out.
Lake Drive is the only place I would ever buy a boat or asessory for a boat. I bought a Talon from Jeff and a couple months later I was having trouble with it. He got me a new Talon in less than two weeks! No questions asked, just done.
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...