Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DETROIT LIONS

Started by blakstr1, July 27, 2011, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now after 2 games where do you predict the Lions will end up this year?

more than 11 wins
1 (6.3%)
11-5
2 (12.5%)
10-6
6 (37.5%)
9-7
5 (31.3%)
8-8
2 (12.5%)
7-9
0 (0%)
6-10
0 (0%)
less than 6 wins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Skulley

Quote from: TCook on August 19, 2011, 01:04:55 PM
8-8 if stafford stays healthy 6-10 if he goes down again. Think your expectations are a bit high for this year, they are headed in the right direction but it will take a few years to get there and key players must stay healthy and thats a big if when it comes to Staffords glass shoulder with a suspect O-line.

This is the most intelligent statement I have seen so far in this thread.  They will go 8 and 8 at best and if Stafford goes down.............again before Thanksgiving they could be worse than 6 and 10.  But 6 and 10 is an intelligent prediction with a lot of thought behind it.  If you have been watching the Lions as long as I have, you wouldn't have the confidence in them either.  And yes it is going to be a few years until they become a winner that fans can take seriously.  Let's face it, they barely beat the Browns the other night and they are a team in worse shape than the Lions.

BD                           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

VinceR

I don't believe that it's fair to equate one's intelligence to one's optimism. That is especially true if you don't know a person's  qualifications, or background.

Also, there just may be some that have watched the Lions for as long as you have.

I personally don't place too much stock in what happens in pre-season games. This is an evaluation period. It helps the coaching staff determine who plays, who sits, who stays, who goes.

Now, I am in no way trying to compare the 2011 Lions to the 2006 Colts, but in 2006 the Colts' pre-season record was 1-3, losing to the Rams, Seahawks, and Bengals. In 2005 they were 0-4, finishing 14-2. This is just to illustrate how the pre-season record has no bearing on the regular season.

In 2008 the Lions went 4-0 in the preseason.

Skulley

I understand your opinion Vince.  But it is what it is......an opinion.  Just as my part of the thread is just that......an opinion.  But we must always remember we are still talking about the Detroit Lions.  It's never been the coaching here in Detroit.  It's always been at the GM level.  Although Martin Mayhew has done a better job than past GM's.

BD.                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

VinceR

The point that I was trying to make is that I understand the concept of "opinions". I also understand that there will be differing opinions. The difference is that if someone has an opinion that is different than mine, I would not say that it is less intelligent. It just may be that individual has developed his/her opinion based on observations (or facts) that I don't have.

djkimmel

I was thinking I recalled the years the Lions looked good in preseason they choked in the regular season after getting so many people's hopes up. So maybe if the barely win or lose a few preseason, they will surprise people in the regular season? Not that I would place any money on that... I don't have observations, facts or anything. Just distant memories.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

I think it is good they didn't roll over Cleveland and really get everyone's hopes up. The good news is that it seems they have the potential for a .500 season and if you squeeze a win or two more than that, your in the playoffs. I'm psychic (or psychotic) so I can see into the future and that is far better than your lame opinions.

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Skulley

Quote from: VinceR on August 21, 2011, 04:36:27 PM
The point that I was trying to make is that I understand the concept of "opinions". I also understand that there will be differing opinions. The difference is that if someone has an opinion that is different than mine, I would not say that it is less intelligent. It just may be that individual has developed his/her opinion based on observations (or facts) that I don't have.

I see your point.  My observations of the Lions has been because I have had season tickets for them since the early 80's.  Crazy thing is that I always say that I am going to give them up.  But I never do with the hope that they just might get it done.  My observations are simply their track record which you know as well as I has not been very good.  No one said that your opinion was intelligent or not.  I gave my opinion based on 20+ years of observation.  If they go 8 and 8 that again is an improvement.  If they go 9 and 7 they may get in the playoffs as a wildcard.  Going 10 and 6.............well I don't know about that.  I think they'll go 7 and 9 at best.  If they do better then I am in for season tickets again in the 2012 season.  Even if they lose or have a losing season..............I'll probably be in for season tickets next year.  I consider all opinions to be intelligent especially if there has been serious thought behind it. 

As I said, if they go 9 and 7, I'll eat my hat.  And I want cheese and mayo on that hat.   :o    ;)

BD                                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I will be happy with a season that doesn't involve large brawls and shootings! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

detroit1

Good to see some Lions fans here. Last year should have been 8-8. I will be disappointed in anything less than that for this year. Playoffs? probabally not, depends on the East and South, but i think it is possible. A healthy Stafford for the whole season will double the odds of getting in. That dude has a cannon. Defense will be better this year also. By the way, this is my 31st year of season tickets, and i'm as clueless as the rest of you.. :)  So bummed about Killer.., that really hurts. Godspeed, Mr. Kowalkowski, and peace to all who loved him.... 
WAVE THERAPY

bigjc

Quote from: UAWBigDog on August 15, 2011, 09:33:20 PM
Too many optimistic people.  If the Lions finish better than .500, I'll eat my hat...........as the saying goes.  If Stafford doesn't get injured before Thanksgiving, it'll be a miracle.  I say they are a 7 and 9 team at best.  They will not make the playoffs.  You heard it hear first on GreatLakesBass.com.  It'll be another losing season for the sad sack Lions.

BD                       ;D

Booooohhh,  Oh ye of little faith.  When it comes to football, we Detroiters are easy to please.  A 7 and 9 season would be an incredible accomplishment, but I am expecting more this year.

djkimmel

Maybe we should make a simple list and then we can see at the end who had their finger on the pulse?

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on August 30, 2011, 11:10:03 PM
Maybe we should make a simple list and then we can see at the end who had their finger on the pulse?

Sounds like another contest coming......  8)

BD.                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Anthony Adams

I was just thinking contest.

BigDog....

If you've been a football fan as long as you say then you should know. That not every 10-6 team is a great team. As well as every 6-10 team is not a crappy team.

Over the years I've seen some pretty sorry 10-6 teams. With injuries, penalties and mistakes some teams have better or worse records than they should.

With that said the Lions are an average team in the NFL if all goes well they could pull off a 10-6 or better season. However injuries are already taking a toll on this team. We have a suspect OL, LB, and DB corps that could all be downfalls to the season.

I have been a serious Lions fan for years. I just cant stop myself from seeing some hope in this team. I go to 3-5 home games a year and sometimes I catch an away game or two.

I believe this team is strong in some areas and I hope that those strenghs can off set our weaknesses. That is what great teams do.

Every team has holes, every team has injuries. We have some big holes and can't afford any more injuries.

I suspect that this team could make the playoff and I hope that things go our way enough to give us a winning season because I feel this team needs that confidence to build on. I would hate to see things go badly and this team to struggle through a 4-12 season.

So I say Go Lions!
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Skulley

Quote from: Anthony Adams on August 31, 2011, 11:52:51 AM
I was just thinking contest.

BigDog....

If you've been a football fan as long as you say then you should know. That not every 10-6 team is a great team. As well as every 6-10 team is not a crappy team.

Over the years I've seen some pretty sorry 10-6 teams. With injuries, penalties and mistakes some teams have better or worse records than they should.

With that said the Lions are an average team in the NFL if all goes well they could pull off a 10-6 or better season. However injuries are already taking a toll on this team. We have a suspect OL, LB, and DB corps that could all be downfalls to the season.

I have been a serious Lions fan for years. I just cant stop myself from seeing some hope in this team. I go to 3-5 home games a year and sometimes I catch an away game or two.

I believe this team is strong in some areas and I hope that those strenghs can off set our weaknesses. That is what great teams do.

Every team has holes, every team has injuries. We have some big holes and can't afford any more injuries.

I suspect that this team could make the playoff and I hope that things go our way enough to give us a winning season because I feel this team needs that confidence to build on. I would hate to see things go badly and this team to struggle through a 4-12 season.

So I say Go Lions!

No one will be more happy than I if they make the playoffs and actually win a couple of those games.  Anthony, the great teams find a way to win.  For the last 20 years the Lions have not been a team that finds ways to win.  They find ways to lose.............be it a game mistake, or a weak defensive backfield or whatever.  I just don't have the optimism that I always have tried very hard to have.  They may be a good team.........but they're not a great team.  I say "Go Lions" too but I remember this team in the not too distant past that won all the pre-season games, then lost all of the regular season games.  I am not hanging my hat on whether the Lions win pre-season games or not.  They need to win games in the regular season and they need to win more than half.  They need to make the playoffs.  I think they have a good coaching staff in place.  I think Martin Mayhew couldn't do any worse than Matt Millen.  That's where the problem has been with the Lions all the way back to Russ Thomas.  Matt Millen was worse than Russ Thomas.  Martin Mayhew was hired by Millen.  I am willing to give Mayhew a chance to fix this team but he has much to prove.  So far.....so good.....but........ ???    ???

If the Lions tank again this year, I will gloat till the cows come home.  But if they win, you can gloat till the cows come home.  And I'll man up and take it.  I actually hope you can be the guy that says, "BD, I told you so".  I hope you and bigjc are those guys.  I say they won't make 8 and 8.  The goal should be higher than that..........like..........make the playoffs.  I say:  Go Lions and good luck because that's what I think they'll need to make the playoffs.  If the Lions make the playoffs, I'll be eating more than my hat.  I'll be eating crow.  I'd rather eat my hat except in the case of the Lions.  If they win this year, I will probably be the happiest crow eating bass fisherman on Great Lakes Bass.   :o

BD                                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Anthony Adams

Don't get me wrong. I never said this team was great. I think their average. Meaning 7 to 9 wins is where I expect them to land. Yet it doesn't take much for an average team to win 10 games. Peter King projected the lions at 10-6 and a wild card team. Sporting news ranked this team 13th best in the NFL slightly above average.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won 7 games or 10 games.

I would be happy with a 9-7 playoff wild card.

I think this team would be set way back if they lost more than 9 games.

I'm rooting for a winning season.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

djkimmel

Some people say crow is good eatin'

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on August 31, 2011, 09:04:56 PM
Some people say crow is good eatin'

It is if the Lions make the playoffs.............which I am quite sure they won't!!!    :o

BD                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I'm betting they win the Sugar Bowl this year!

Anthony Adams

Dat der crow right chover der is sum good fixen Bubba!

t-bone

It's settled - If Stafford stays in the game - they make the playoffs.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250