Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 Fishing Reports Contest

Started by djkimmel, April 30, 2011, 03:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

GreatLakesBass.com 2011 Fishing Reports Contest

From today - April 30, 2011 until August 31, 2011, GreatLakesBass.com is running a fishing report contest. Entry into the contest is simple and free. All you have to do is post helpful and interesting fishing reports under any of the Bass Fishing Reports sections to win.

A panel of myself and independent judges will pick the overall winner in September based on the total number of fishing reports posted by member, the quality of the fishing reports - details, pictures, lures, techniques, etc. and the total number of views the fishing reports receive on the forum - so tell people where to look for your reports - the more that read them, the better your chances to win!1

This means that you won't necessarily be out of the running if your reports are less numerous than someone else. More detailed reports are scored higher and the popularity of your reports also affects the final decision.

The winner will be announced and received a brand new approximately $157 Grandt Rods C10 casting rod - the same high quality, light and sensitive graphite rod I love to use for spinnerbaits and similar techniques!

The runner up in the Fishing Reports Contest will win a new WaveSpin Reel of their choice!

If participation warrants, other prizes may be added to this list.

Who will be the 2011 GreatLakesBass.com Fishing Reports Champion?!?

1 Views will be measured by the number of total unique viewers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

WillyC

djkimmel

For this one, yes you are! Only I'm not eligible (@#$%#%! Like those Grandt C10 rods! ;D ) Go for it!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

I went out with my neighbor Sat 30th. We caught 15 on shad colored redeye shads.  8 feet of water along the mile Rds. water visibility about 3 feet  . Water temp 49.

djkimmel

Throw that report up under the Lake St. Clair fishing reports section. Add a picture or two, and you're on your way!

Team houston

Don't know how to do pictures. Hopefully being not being techno savvy won't get me eliminated. lol

djkimmel

That's one benefit of this contest. You can't be eliminated, but to count, you do have to start your own thread under one of the fishing report sections of the forum. Pictures help, but aren't required. You should be able to figure out how to upload a picture to your new photo gallery on here from the computer you are using to post with. It's pretty easy. Even a caveman can do it. ;D

You can do it!

djkimmel

Don't forget about the fishing report contest. People want to hear your reports, short or long, pictures or no pictures. I'll post an unofficial early leaders message later in the week.

Skulley

I think Revtro is going to win this one.  Do I get a prize for predicting that??  I'll even take the melony prize..............

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

djkimmel

I'm thinking Revtro might just be in the lead but that is an unofficial estimate. Still time left for anyone to win!

Skulley

Seems to me that Revtro has a very comfortable lead in this contest.  Hey DK how about a contest to see who is going to win this contest??  I pick Revtro.     :o

BD                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Hmmmmm... I'll have to check with the judges.

If I remember right, there's a nice 2nd place prize too regardless!

djkimmel

The 2011 Fishing Reports Contest is now closed and we are tabulating the results. Please allow us a few days to come up with the 1st and 2nd place winners! Thank you.

Skulley

I still haven't seen any results of this contest.  Did Revtro win it?? 

BD                          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I will announce the winner and 2nd place prize by tomorrow evening. Until then, I will not speculate even though I have gotten plenty through various media!

djkimmel

We have our winners! While the overall winner wasn't a real hard choice, picking 2nd place was a LOT more difficult and took an extra day of review comparing all factors. Check out the winners post for details.