Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ran across this boat

Started by Manxfishing, June 25, 2011, 11:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

Was this used Nitto
Seems like allot of boat for the money and it's only a couple years old
Bit of a drive. But there's some great fishing down there to try it out

https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/new/adviewer.jsp?adv=14568

motocross269

It's a scam...Pretty common....They will want you to wire or mail them a deposit to hold the boat for you....They probably stole the pictures from a local dealer advertisement..

I have seen guys on BBC have their boats end up on Craigs list....The thugs copy the boat pictures off from BBC or some other site then post them for sale....NICE... >:(

djkimmel

Can you wire Monopoly money?!? ;D

Always wanted to do that.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rkillick

that yellow trailer is terrible.

MSURoss

If you email them and they give you a big story its a 100% scam. Only meet local on any boat and contact the seller by phone. I have seen about 3 so far on craigstlist. Flag the post if you ever find one.

Manxfishing

Really?
I've seen scams
This boat is posted on Walleye Central
Meaning that they had to pay up front to run the ad
And there's a name, Phone# and E-mail

djkimmel

I didn't look at it but I always go by the 'if it sounds too good to be true' rule with things like this. A friend of mine had someone try to put the 'sent the wrong amount in the check' trick so they could innocently ask him to send the 'overpayment' back in his good check. "I don't think so. I'll just return your 'check' and you can send me a new check." Never heard from them again...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I can't see that being legit. That boat is only 2 model years old. With a 200, its still $33,000.  I can't see a guy letting it go for a third of the price he probably just paid for it last year. Look on BBC, and those boats are still going for $30,000 used. Would definitely be a score for that price, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Manxfishing

I googled the guys name
He's selling a center console and a car or truck as well
My thoughts were maybe it's a repo or insur salvage seeing that it is cheap

I've seen scams
Yes, the wording is a little messed up but I've never seen them on sites
were they pay for the ad up front
So maybe it is a new type of scam or maybe It's just a deal

djkimmel

Could be legit. Always pays to do your due diligence anyway.

MSURoss

Why would he be selling the boat on a northern site when it's from Miami? It may be a "real guy" that's selling it but its actually a scamer. Identity thief basically.