Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Perfect Outdoor Products Troll Perfect Sponsors GreatLakesBass.com

Started by djkimmel, May 27, 2011, 01:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Interesting and innovative products still come along and I like this one - Troll Perfect - because I have a very old trolling motor that has gotten a little loose after all these years of getting me around the Great Lakes. The least I can do is make the old motor feel a little tougher and tighter again. Thanks to Perfect Outdoor Products coming aboard GreatLakesBass.com I get to try out their soon to be patented Troll Perfect product!

I'm not getting any younger either and anything that reduces fatigue through my legs by reducing torque and play in my trolling motor sounds good to me. As the people at Troll Perfect say,

Seems simple yet, I didn't think of it. They did! Please welcome them on GreatLakesBass.com. They make models for Minn Kota and MotorGuide motors. Even new motors and you youngsters out there can benefit from Troll Perfect! BrianB won one at the May 14 MadWags Memorial tournament and another one of you lucky members will win one yet this summer, but in the meantime why wait - you can get one now for a very good price. They're easy to install, even a caveman can do it.

Check out what Gerald Swindle told Bassfan.com about Troll Perfect after taking 2nd place in the 2011 Toledo Bend Elite Series event where wind was a big factor:
He said he also benefited greatly from a device called Troll Perfect, which clamps over the swivel bearing on a trolling-motor shaft and allows for easy adjustment of the tension on the cable steering. "I'm not sponsored by them or anything – a guy just came up and gave it to me when we were in Florida," he said. "I didn't even get his name. Then I was doing my tackle one night and I came across it and I figured if the guy thought enough of me to give it to me, I ought to put it on and try it. I couldn't get over how much more balance and steadiness it gave me in that wind."

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I bought one of these at the Wonderland Spring fling.  I love it. 
I use my motor on constant on quite a bit.  I figure out a slow speed and just set it there and fish.  I find that my foot is on the pedal way less with this product.  I just have to make minor adjustments in direction from time to time. 
Because of this, I'm not totally convinced that I need a recessed pedal anymore.  Would be nice, but it's way more expensive than the $20 that this device cost me. 
I thought that this device would also be cool in situations where one is trying to slip current and vertical jig. I haven't tried it that way as of yet, but I'm sure it will do just fine.
There are a lot of gimmicks out there to catch us fisherman.  This is not one of those.   This thing really works, and it works well.   If you have any trouble at all with your tm changing direction on you, or torqueing out to the side when on higher powers, then you need one of these.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Durand Dan

Rick,
I've heard you talk about these before and I decided to buy one on your recommendation.
DD

djkimmel

I know that Perfect Outdoor Products didn't do anything to elicit the response they got from Gerald Swindle either other than give him one to try out. At that level, it must be a good product to get such a statement from one of the pros considering all the stuff people must be constantly trying to give them. I know mine will help my motor. It has been through many years of Great Lakes beatings, poor old motor.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.