Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Humminbird 597 CiDI problem

Started by gmetime24, May 18, 2011, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmetime24

I bought a new humminbird 597 cidi recently and hooked everything up according to the install kit. Transducer is on the back of the boat with the unit on the front. When taking off or slowing down the unit will loose the depth and eventually freeze up. This also happens if I am in shallow water just running my trolling motor on low or not running it at all. Whenever it happens I can just restart the unit and then it works fine till the next time it freezes. It seems that the DI keeps an update on the bottom but the depth numbers will not update and then they freeze. When I called humminbird they told me they would send out a new transducer and see if that was the problem.  I installed the transducer in the same location as my old 525 and I never had this problem with that unit. Anybody else have a similar issue? Any advice would be great..Thanks 

Bender

Is the transducer staying in the water when you are running? I don't know if the DI transducers are made for running at speed or not, but the SI transducers lose bottom after about 6-8MPH. HB sells a Y-Cable for adding an in-hull high speed transducer.

My 997 loses bottom when it is very shallow as well. I haven't loaded the newest software update for it though. You should register on www.humminbird.com and see if there are any software updates available.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

gmetime24

Humminbird told me they should not loose the bottom when I take off and while I'm running full speed(which is only about 45 for my boat) I'm not so worried about it loosing the depth when in shallow water but what I don't like is when I go back to the drop off and get to deeper water, I have to restart the unit to make it read correctly..kind of a pain when your trying to concentrate on fishin

The transducer is staying in the water, its a little less than 2ft below the water line and like I said it is installed in the same spot as my old 525, which ran fine not matter how shallow or how fast I was moving

rkillick

the first boat i had i put similar model without di on the trolling motor and if it was out of the water for a while it froze. turn off then back on to get it to work again. i just dealt with it. only used that boat for a year then got a new one sold the graph, and trolling motor no problems since.

gmetime24

So I got the new transducer in the mail and installed it on my boat 2 days later. Took the boat out for some fishing and now the depth and everything updated great with no need to restart the unit..I'm happy but then I scroll through my views and the DI was not reading anything!!!

Not too happy with humminbird, but it looks like I will be calling them to send me 3rd trandsducer!

bigjc

Waterfoul

Not sure why you are having issues with your 'Bird, I've never had an issue with any of their product.  But speaking as a retailer, you won't find a marine electronics company that will stand behind their product better.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!